Updated Hub Pictures

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Ravenxl7, Oct 10, 2010.

1. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Full Time Toy Designer TFW2005 Supporter

MAN! I don't know why people have been bashing on soundwave here. Sure he doesn't look like any of his previous incarnations, but there are certainly nods here and there especially now that he finished being rendered there are elements of his g1 head scattered. Starcream I think looks fine, but I certainly also think that his neck will be a bit higher as seen in the comic.

2. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Cause he is ugly

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    nope.avi

4. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    its my opinion

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    For the most part, people just like to complain, and actively look for reasons to complain. Yet at the same time I can see how some people wouldn't like this design, not because it's not Soundwave-y enough for them, but because they don't like the look of the design itself (same thing can be said for Starscream, and well any design for that matter). Different opinions are always going to be out there, and that's a good thing. Problems arise when people get into arguments over who's opinion is "best" (which are always pointless arguments).

Personally I like Soundwave and Starscream. Nice new takes on the characters that make sense for their personalities. I'm also looking forward to seeing their toys.

6. Astrotrain85

Astrotrain85 Watching and waiting.

Prime`s alt mode reminds me of First Strike OP from 07 movie.:peoples: 

7. notpicard

notpicard Well-Known Member

I am so tired of the movie designs. I know these are different, but they weigh so far in that direction that it has a negative effect on my desire to watch. I will watch this and give it a fair chance. The writing isn't so dependent on designs, so it could be good.

But even a human has some slight chicken leg going on:
    Transformers: Prime | Popular TV Show Characters| HubWorld

I am sure that was unintentional and probably not even be noticeable in the show. But at this point I want movie design aesthetics so gone that I don't even have to think about them.

I am still scarred by movie Starscream.

8. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Bulkhead's chest looks like a Ninja Turtle head to me.

9. Omnus

Omnus needs more time TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not meaning to pick on you in particular, it's just that you're espousing the exact opinion that I would like to respond to with my own opinion.

Starscream really doesn't look like a girl/femme-bot. The only known femme-bot in the series so far has rounded hips and a more, how should I say, "mammalian" torso.

I also wouldn't say Starscream is sporting feminine footwear, just having as many spikes coming off his feet as possible while retaining enough support to stand up and have the feet fold in for transformation (at least that's what it looks like they're trying to do from what I can see).

When I look at this new Starscream a famous quote from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar comes to mind:
    “Yond' Cassius has a lean and hungry look; He thinks too much: such men are dangerous”

Substitute "Starscream" for "Cassius" and "bots" for "men" in that quote and I think we have a good match for why this look for Starscream is a good embodiment for the character. Especially since we were told that this incarnation would be as scheming and treacherous as any of his previous incarnations have been.

My take on the bots that we've seen so far has, in general, been positive. The exception to this being Megatron's head being visible in his jet mode.

10. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Very interesting! Evidently doing some new things with an overall Decepticon look, get the feeling the artists had some fun with that. Won't really be able to tell til we see the models properly animated, but Soundwave & Starscream both look encouraging, in both modes. Good lines, strong silhouettes, using some existing cues & trying some new things - positive design work.

Not so taken with Bulkhead, doesn't look like they've moved the design on that much from TFA, less adventurous.

Definitely intrigued to see how this series turns out, artistically. The CG Clone Wars stuff really has made the high production value benchmark for this sort of cartooning, interesting to see where along that range TF Prime has been pitched.

11. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    SMH....I guess Hasbro is hell bent on making goofy crap out of what use to be kick ass Characters.

So be it!

Just keep my Classics/Generations figures coming and have fun with the rest of that mess...

12. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Looking good, Screamer. They all look good to me, actually, although Bulkhead is meh.

13. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    A sinister bat-looking stealth jet is a goofier version of KICK-ASS CHARACTER obese tape deck? A skeletal Starscream with spiky body and claws is a goofier version of the blocky red and white nincompoop?

Eh.

14. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    When you first look at Starscreams Robot form it does look female.
    Why are his fingers all stringy?

And Soundwave just looks plan old ******ed. That has to be the laziest Robot design I've ever seen!

Not every one likes to complain, is just that some people just aren't easily impressed!

15. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    ....I'm sorry I only speak with true transformer fans, so good day sir and spend the money who ever is paying you to post on here wisely!

16. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    You've seen some weeeeird girls in your life my friend, and theyre not stringy, they're sharp, there's a difference.

Laziest? Look at your own original Soundwave in your signature, they just gave box legs and bo arms to a box. And ******ed? How does a robot design GET flat out ******ed? By being drawn slowly?

You say some people ain't easily impressed, I got a different vision on that, some people just can't lay off the nostalgia bone.

17. jazzimusprime27

jazzimusprime27 Well-Known Member

You know I'm pretty sure a true Transformer fan would like Transformers no matter their incarnation. I say you're a Geewunner.

18. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:

No harm taken, in fact I quite respect your opinion especially how you use Julius Caesar to descrbie a treacherous scheming 'bot' I love Julius Caeasar and would love to hear Starscream scream "Cry Havoc!! And let slip the dogs of war!"
    Still starscream appears to me to have feminine qualitites and though I see how you depict the shoes it looks likes women high heel shoes or high heel boots kind of like TFA Prowls

19. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    Exactly. Why can't we all just agree to disagree? "You're not a true fan if you like the movies, youre not a true fan if you like Animated, youre not a true fan now if you like the designs in Prime." What is the definition of a true fan, really?

Why can't we just all be true fans of giant transforming robots together??

AHEM. That said, has anyone found a picture of the Decepticon drone with the Cylon head by himself? I really like the picture of him on the side of the webpage but I dont seem him anywhere else.

20. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    :lolol  I love these boards.