Upcoming Plans for Threezero Transformer Figures Announced

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by iOnlyEatEnergon, Apr 20, 2022.

1. Mark 44

Mark 44 Banned

Damn maybe yolopark might do them if not threezero since the toyworld one is sort of dead at this point

2. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think we also have to consider that the Transformers DLX line only started in 2019, these are pretty complex action figures and (delays notwithstanding) they're actually churning these things out pretty fast.

So far (including repaints), we have had released:

Bumblebee:
    Bumblebee
    Gold Bumblebee
    Optimus Prime
    Nemesis Prime
    Shattered Glass Optimus Prime
    Blitzwing
    Vintage Blitzwing
    Soundwave
    Shattered Glass Soundwave

Revenge Of The Fallen:
    Optimus Prime
    Jetfire

The Last Knight:
    Bumblebee

War For Cybertron:
    Optimus Prime
    Nemesis Prime
    Megatron

Upcoming we have:

Bumblebee:
    Arcee
    Shockwave
    Starscream

Revenge Of The Fallen:
    Megatron

Dark Of The Moon:
    Shockwave

Age Of Extinction:
    Lockdown

The Last Knight:
    Optimus Prime

Rise Of The Beasts:
    Unconfirmed but let's just say Optimus Prime and Bumblebee

That's not including the Premium or MDLX lines either.

Then you have all threezero's other licenses to consider in this too. They don't just produce Transformers.

I want Shatter and Dropkick. I do at least think a hint they might be coming could have been teased at this point, but now I've actually put all that down, I'm pretty fucking impressed with the volume of product out there and what's to come.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
  3. Mark 44

Mark 44 Banned

Unfortunately, I think the rotf prime and jetfire were disappointing products by a bit. The DLX BBOP is the best dlx prime hands down

• Like Like x 1
  4. Napalm

News Credits:
    Not that your response is in any way relevant to the point I was making, but which ones do you own/have handled to quantify that?

For me, based on personal experience, I'd rank the Primes:

1. WFC DLX - best combo of looks, presence, articulation and light up features.

2. ROTF - aesthetically the strongest, fiddly complexity hinders a genuinely brilliant range of motion (the head excluded). Very ambitious based on the combination gimmick. In time, will usurp the WFC DLX for me, I'm sure.

3. BB - great sculpt overall, stunning deco, but headsculpt is comparatively weak. Relatively poor range of motion to its peers, particularly from the legs down.

• Like Like x 3
  5. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    On first glance it looks like a modified BBM Prime, but when you look closely the design is very different. Like the faceplate detail is different, the back piece leading down to his spine is new, the neck area is new, the side detail by his faceplate is different, and the circular pieces are silver now. And more.
    I see them at least for the first 2-3 yrs doing 2 Autobots, a Maximal and a Terrorcon - Optimus, Bumblebee or Mirage, Optimus Primal and Scourge.

6. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    I hope they will include an alternate face for Arcee. I can't stand her chipmunk face.

7. Mark 44

Mark 44 Banned

I dont have them yet, but seeing the reviews and how they handled it, yeah so ROTF prime is quite hefty, but they somehow purposefully downgraded the paint, thats the thing thats bugging me like they did with jetfire. The weathering was way more widespread in the prototype, but they reduced the weathering by about 60-70%.
    Who knows, maybe threezero-esque figures like MM01 are better to handle, and what's more, it has a die-cast skeleton. But...... I decided to go with ROTF prime and the DOTM shockwave, I'll buy them all, good choice?

The upcoming characters you mentioned are still in the R&D stage

8. Primus Omega

Primus Omega Well-Known Member

I don’t see how you could say that without actually having The figure in hand. The weathering and paint on him is phenomenal. It’s truly a masterpiece display, he looks identical to his CGI counterpart.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Napalm

News Credits:
    The weathering on Prime initially was pretty overdone. The change was necessary. I didn't mind it so much on Jetfire, probably even preferred the sandblasted look, but appreciate that it was toned down for visual consistency in combined mode.

Prime's paintjob is sublime.

1645006945822.jpg

And I know some of those figures are still in development. It's why I made two lists, man.

For clarity, in that post where I list their Transformers DLX figures, I'm talking about being impressed with the volume of product, either released or forthcoming, based on the amount of licenses that threezero manage.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have all 3 as well and so far I think, for one, the WFC Prime us under appreciated. Really an amazing figure and super hefty. But, BB Optimus is still my favorite of the lot. I have zero problems with his articulation, and his head sculpt looks great to me. The only one that I actually have any issue with is ROTF Prime because he I think he removes the "toy" part from the "high end collectible toy" since I can barely handle him without some part falling and probably for a gimmick I will never use. I have high hopes for Last Knight Prime, even though it's no my favorite design, I know the figure will be excellent.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Napalm

News Credits:
    Can't argue with any of this, really. My critique of BB Prime is solely in relation to how I personally see him stacking up to the others. He remains a brilliant figure.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    You know I do actually have a problem with my BB Prime. When I try to turn his head left or right he only goes a little bit then pops off the ball joint. I can pop it back on looking more left and right, so its just that one spot that makes the head pop off. Anyone else have that?

13. Napalm

News Credits:
    Yeah, everyone. A flaw in the design for sure.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    An odd oversite. It doesn't bring the figure down that much for me but ain't no way they didn't know it was shipping like that if it was on every one.

15. Mark 44

Mark 44 Banned

Screenshot_20220608-084445_Messenger.jpg

Just verifyed with threezero and they are indeed doing BB shockwave and starscream

• Like Like x 1
  16. Angry fan

Angry fan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The fuck? Jetfire is for sure disappointing but Optimus slaps DLX BBM Prime
    You really don't know what you are talking about. This only happened happened in a bad level with Jetfire. Optimus has less weathering than his prototype? Yes, but he still has more weathering than any DLX figure

• Like Like x 1
  17. Angry fan

News Credits:
    I don't mind his leg panels falling off, they are considerable easy to deal with. But in other hand, his blasters, face and the lack of space in the neck/torso area annoy me so much. It can't look to many sides it should, then when you move the head peaces of the face fall, and his weapons get off his hands way too easily, I kinda wished they were one piece with the hands

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mark 44

Mark 44 Banned

I will get him! Thanks!

19. Angry fan

News Credits:
    You know, I wasn't really planning on getting DLX Bay Optimus. Most times I considered it I had the Jetpower form in mind. Also, I already had a MPM KO Optimus, but it started degrade, so I sold it, but I didn't want to let my money without use, so I decided to buy a Threezero figure and got this one. I even planned to sell him in the end of the year to buy DLX tlk Optimus. I liked Peterbilt Optimus, but not enough to the point of having a 240$ figure of him in my table, I didn't find it beautiful and complex enough to have a high end figure of it, and the design looked way too functional, unlike tlk and bbm Optimus, his figure should transform. But oh man I was wrong, rn I'd rather to sold the rest of my collection than this rotf Optimus, this figure is just so amazing! I even have DLX Hulkbuster and Mk 43 on the way, I have looked the DLX BBM figures, but they just don't have what makes this guy worthy 240$. The paint, and all their simplicity, they don't have all those many moving parts that give the feel of a transformer to the figure. So I really recommend this figure. And besides, he has more detail in the face than any BBM figure

20. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    I don't really have problems with the hands, but his head pieces fall off at a touch. Also, the parts behind his knee joints fall off for me all the time. Also, when manipulating the torso or even picking him up, it's just hard to get a good grip on his torso without fiddly bits getting in the way. Night and day when compared to the other two DLX Primes. I still like the way he looks and you CAN pose him, but it's a chore.