Upcoming big third party purchase...

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by rabbit prime, Oct 12, 2016.

1. rabbit prime

rabbit prime Well-Known Member

Hi, I don't post here much but I really need some opinions from more than just YouTube comments. I'm about to buy a couple of third party transformers. Maketoys Green Giant, the Maketoys Nova Prime (assuming I can find one at a reasonable price), and a few of the iron factory figures. What I'm going for is a definitive representation of a few core characters. I'm going with the Maketoys green giant as a devastator because from what I can tell its the best in scale to my hybrid style Optimus Prime (about hot wheel sized, or legends scaleish). But after all these years it dawns on me I don't have a decent Megatron. So I was wondering if anyone else has or wants a scaled collection, other than the masterpiece, if you can tell me who and where I can find a decent Megatron to go in scale with this? Are the Ironfactory figures worth it?

2. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If you want a Legends scale Megs, DX9 Mightron is the way to go. If you want MP scale, MakeToys Despotron is great. Not aware of any good Megatron options in between those scales though.

Iron Factory legends scale figures are excellent, however they do not have a Megatron yet and so far they have been doing IDW designs not Sunbow G1.

3. Big Bronze Rim

Big Bronze Rim ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Moderator

I'm not a legends scale collector, but ins't DX-9's Mightron scale with other legends stuff?

4. rabbit prime

Yeah I wish ironfactory would hurry and make a Megatron.some kind of tank that can turn into a fun as well would be nice. I googled some images and I did see one that was next to the hybrid style optimus, and it looked about right.
    Does anyone recall what size the generation toy Megatron that comes with the bad ass, $600 not-devastated?

5. cobrala76

cobrala76 Well-Known Member

I use hybrid convoy and dx9 mightron as my legends optimus and Megatron, I think they scale well together. Dx9 makes a legends size devastator called hulkie, about 8" combined smaller than giant. Depends on how big you want devy to be. They also have a legends ironhide and ratchet that go pretty well with hybrid convoy. There's also a large voyager scale megatron from ToyWorld called hegemon. If you're looking for one it that size range. Hope this helps.

6. Big Bronze Rim

Big Bronze Rim ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Moderator

[​IMG]

There's a shot of GT Tyrant with DX9 Mightron. If you like the aesthetic it scales just fine. Just remember though that it's a model kit and isn't painted (the first pic appears to be painted). It's molded in several colors and looks good as is, but if you want it to look as well finished as Mightron, you'll need to paint it.

7. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    ^revoltech Megs is still the guy to beat in my collection.

[​IMG]

8. rabbit prime

The generation toy tyrant looks nice, and the fact it's a model kit is a personal bonus. I like the MT giant because not only do the robot modes look like they scale well, but so do the alt-modes, with the mega-gun being the exception. The construction vehicles look about the right size compared to the real world versions, more or less anyway. Any ideas on a Omega Suprime? I saw a nice super deformed version with a replacement head to remove the SD asthetic. But what's a good third party Omega Suprime that scales well with MT green giant?