Unused TFCC concepts?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Scaleface, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

They weren't blanks, but almost none of the protoforms that showed up in the show were who they were before the voyage.
    * Airazor: Damaged to the point that she had no identity.
    * Tigatron: Similarly damaged.
    * Blackarachnia: Shell program overwrote who she was supposed to be, essentially erasing her old identity.
    * Inferno: Personality comes from the shell program.
    * Quickstrike and Silverbolt: Explicitly damaged in the transwarp wave, essentially deleting their original personalities.
    * Transmutate: Well, you know this story.

So while there's no reason to think they were blanks, none of the characters in Beast Wars that came from a stasis pod existed on Cybertron other than Rampage.

2. RavageX-9

RavageX-9 I don't know

Ebay:
    I wonder if I'm justified in being mad that they didn't do Dinobot. I don't normally get upset about things in the fandom. Maybe it's because it's over now and any second chance for this depends on Hasbro bringing back a suitable replacement for the convention+club.

Huh. The picture Jim Sorenson used is just one of Cheetimus' pictures. This isn't their version at all, just the concept taken from someone else. I would have been curious to see what the color layout would have been, having to stick to sprues and paint budgets.

Except that Legends BA was a spider. This has a vehicle mode instead of a beast mode.

3rd parties don't kill interest in this that much, since they service different tastes. I like both.

but they weren't forced to make all CW figures, and some of their other figures could have been replaced.
    Then again, if it was a choice between Dinobot and Megatron, I guess they made the right choice.
    Replacing Airazor with Blackarachnia woulda been fine though.

3. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    Granted I had cooled on TFCC exclusives but I still would have passed on these. Too bad for those who would have been stoked to have them though

4. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've wanted that Rattrap since I saw his artwork.

5. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Still surprised they didn't plan on making Torca from Ultra Class Onslaught.

• Like Like x 2
  6. RavageX-9

RavageX-9 I don't know

Ebay:
    There's been plenty of disappointment over the years. Hard to say how much of it was under their control, though I feel like they could have done better. Their head remolds shouldn't be so horrible after all these years though.

To be fair, they weren't much more expensive than the previous convention exclusives under 3H, and store exclusives tend to be a similar price.
    Their greed was mostly in failing to spend money to provide an adequate online store and forum, of which only the store was replaced after the massive fraud incident, 6.5 years after they began.

Before they fired everyone, I would have retained hope that they could do something.
    At the very least, the head sculpts wouldn't look terrible.

7. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pete has talked about it here and there over the last couple of years, on podcasts and at conventions; but I think that the handful of heads that have wound up as bad eggs is few and far between compared to the heads that go above and beyond. People seem to only want to focus on those few bad ones for some strange reason though.

I personally have mixed feelings on the amount of toys made each year. I loved the one or two, because story could revolve around them for a couple of years and comics didn't feel rushed. But I like that I'm getting a lot of figures each year. I only grab a handful of retail stuff (until recently with TR), so this was a great outlet for me to experience those molds to scratch my collector's itch.
    And I wish the forums could have been brought back, too. However they at least re-posted all of the prose stories so I'm not as bummed without the forums as I was over the last couple of years; though I'd hardly bring "greed" to the forefront of the reason they weren't brought back.
    IIRC the person that did the Joe forums update split after that.

What's funny is they went through some of the most.talented individuals for sculpting the heads; but between factory mishaps and time contraints; coupled with when approval could and couldn't be given by Hasbro... These things happen. And again; the good heads are more plentiful and far outweigh the bad heads in all honesty.

But I fear for the replacement (if any) over club and convention exclusives (again, if any). Because Hasbro's ideas for Transformers exclusives are, well.... Kind of lame.

8. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Didn't know where to share these...seen them on Seibertron.com...

1490104737-nightbeat.jpg
    1490104737-crosshairs.jpg
    1490104737-brainstorm.jpg
    1490104737-triggerhappy.jpg

...they look rather cool...not a fan of most of the characters...but...would've grabbed that Crosshairs & Trigger-happy...:) ...

• Like Like x 10
  9. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Those look cool.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    They look bad to me. You have to wonder why you would want to pay high dollars for poorly done half-homages when things like Titans Return Triggerhappy have been fully realized.

This should be a great example of how patience pays off in both dollars and value. We have way better versions of all of these except Crosshairs, who is likely coming. And they were tons cheaper. Tons.

I think this is a good example of how they are just a cash cow trying to make tons of product even if there really is nothing special there because people will buy anything. They also seem stuck on fad characters like Nightbeat. A minimally popular character like Nightbeat could use one good rendition rather than a bunch of terrible ones, and then he'd be done and there'd be space for characters with more appeal.

If we get something like this again I would hope they see the value in producing products that line up with their prices. If the prices are high, we should expect more than a blue and red Kup with Electro's head as Crosshairs...

If finances were the issue that disolved this all in the end, the Club can clearly blame two things:

-Their terrible and unethical treatment of their customers
    -Their insistence on catering to a select group of elitist fans who are delusional about what drives the fandom

• Like Like x 3
  11. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Personally I go by dawn of futures past where tigatron and airazor were the same personality but had their memories screwed up

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lord Black Cat

Lord Black Cat Combat Hero Shadow

Those four all look nice. I would've liked all of them even though I wasn't a fan of that Smokescreen. Crosshairs is awesome and I would've loved that Brainstorm.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    Those look friggin' terrible. Brainstorm's head is so out of proportion.

14. primeisboss

primeisboss Bearing the Matrix of Leadership

News Credits:
    I would've bought that crosshairs for sure. Over all I think they would've been pretty good if they had come out back around 2014 because now we have Titans Return versions (even though Nightbeat is a titan master and crosshairs is only a rumor) there is no comparison.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Nightstick is every Targetmaster.

Every. One.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd take that Cross hairs and Triggerhappy.

Oh well.

• Like Like x 1
  17. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Brainstorm works better then i'd have thought in the cyclones mold in that color scheme, but the head's not very good.
    the rest look pretty ridiculous, especially Nightbeat. not sure WHAT that's all about.

Crosshairs truck mode is pretty nice too, but again, what is up with the head design???

18. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I made a custom Triggerhappy like that a couple of years ago, but once the Titans Returns version was announced I turned him back into a Seeker. These four concepts from the club would have similarly been just placeholders in the collection until a better version came along, if I had even bothered to get them.

19. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Even. The. Double Barreled Ones.

Which i kinda pondered if they could just simply use the PCC Minicons are the rest of the targetmasters like how Takara did.
    But then i guess it wouldn't fit the "G1 Aesthetic" then wouldn't it?

Would it?

20. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    That Nightbeat is giving me nightmares.