Unreleased G2 MENASOR Motormaster & Stunticons on ebay

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by starwarsprotos, Nov 5, 2016.

1. starwarsprotos

starwarsprotos Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
  3. Yaujta

Yaujta Split second of divinity... Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Another set, but with a Menasor head?
    Huh. Maybe not as god-tier rare as once believed.

4. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM Banned

All right who is going to bid $28k for a one of a kind unreleased prototype this time?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Jtotheiso187

Jtotheiso187 Well-Known Member

*puts popcorn in the microwave*

• Like Like x 1
  6. Psychoshi

Psychoshi Grammaton Cleric

The head is a G1 black head substitute.

7. DoubleClouder

News Credits:
    The two that this seller had were missing the G2 head. The one in the auction now has a G1 head. The one that was found supposedly has the correct G2 head.

8. AzT

AzT Azlaroc, Yeargroup 431 Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn 

9. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz #BringBackNationalDex

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Personally I think it's pointless now that we have the Combiner Wars version.

10. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dont think this was ever about owning stunticons in crazy G2 colours. This is about owning toys that were never supposed to be released that are in single digit production runs. They could all be sh*t brown and they would still sell for as much.

It would be cool to see if we could find some sort of identifying markings on each set and I'd put money on it that the last few sets have just been the same few figures changes hands between owners

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    That's comparing apples to... platypuses. Prototypes are a completely different field of collecting from retail items. Even though this is obviously nowhere as rare as the seller originally implied, there are still maybe a dozen of these in existence.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    That's the truth right there. I wouldn't buy anything from this seller for that reason.

13. HnH

HnH MPM Moron

News Credits:
    awesome set, maybe i can get my inspiration from those pics there

14. alexa

alexa Active Member

I can confirm that the Max Webster G2 Menasor has the G2 head. It also has stickers on Motormaster, more paint on Wildrider, and the individual accessories. There will be more photos coming soon.

15. DoubleClouder

News Credits:
    Yep, he even states in the auction not to believe there are any more out there. I'm the one who told him there were numerous rumors of Jordon from Toy Hunter actually have a few sets of both Defensor and Menasor (complete ones btw) and he was waiting to sell them at a later point. I actually heard that from a few different people, who to my knowledge don't really talk to one another. When this estate was sold, I actually got a full set of G2 Gobots (and got a new credit for showing the first painted pic of Hound) from one of them who was not involved with Jordon or this seller. SO some pieces were sold to people other than the two main brokers. SWPs then sent me a rather nasty message saying that there was no way I could know that and that he talked to Jordon personally and Jordon said he didn't have any and that I was just being a "hater". I hope whoever wins it is aware there are more out that and more are being found (as shown in the thread I linked). I told the seller originally to help him out, so he wouldn't go thru what happened with the last set, but instead he lashed out at me. Real class act.

16. starwarsprotos

News Credits:
    Spoke to Ras on this regarding quantities of Menasor totals. His total was 6-7, so with this new one that brings the total up to a whooping 7-8. This does not include the ones in Bigfoots collection, or those owned by the Deception Short and Round, or the half a dozen imaginary ones that Jordan Hembrook has in his Toy Vault.

So there you are folks you can trust Ras one of the most respected G2 experts out there, that know of a legitimate 7-8. Or fantasies perpetuated by people like those embarrassing themselves on this forum.

17. DoubleClouder

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  18. starwarsprotos

News Credits:

Why don't you re read the auction. I do not say not say "not to believe there are any more out there." Everyone needs to read my auction to see how false this statement is... More hate from DoubleClouder (nothing new here). Yes, you are the one that said this:

"I'm the one who told him there were numerous rumors of Jordon from Toy Hunter actually have a few sets of both Defensor and Menasor (complete ones btw) and he was waiting to sell them at a later point. I actually heard that from a few different people,"

Do you even know what a rumor is? Rumor: "a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth."

So be proud of yourself to be the one that is currently "circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth."

I guess this is the News and "Rumors" section of TFW2005.

Let's put this Jorden Hembrook thing to bed once and for all. He has NO proof what so ever that he owns one (much less 6 of these). (If you do Jordan, let us see the pictures of them)

Think about this for a second, how does someone that is supposed to be a Toy expert justify looking past such astonishing rare items in a collection? Jordan looked at that collection did not realize what he was looking at and bought a My Little Pony and Peddle car instead for his episode. If I remember correctly the original rumor was that Jordan found 5-6 of them exactly like the one in the $27k auction, except his had masks their bags. And Jordan was such a nice guy that he left a few in the collection for the next guy. (Who among us would not do the same thing... you know... find 9 Rocket Firing Boba Fetts in a collection of toys and only buy 6 of them... so we could be nice to next guy.)

There were 3 of Menasors in that collection. The one currently on auction. The one sold for $27k (then resold a year later) and an identical one to that $27k one. The paperwork shown in the original auction show quantity of 2 motormasters not 8, as it would have if Jordan bought 6 of them from that collection and rushed them to his super secret toy vault. Also, How exactly would his imaginary 6 have masks with them when the real 2 did not? So official customs documentation in that collection confirm (pertaining to the Mint in the Bag G2 Menasor's as seen in the $27k auction) there were ONLY 2 of them... that is it! End of story. Not 8 or whatever Jordan has claimed.

Here is how ridiculous this fantasy has become. At the time, No one knew about the G2 Defensor in the collection, so Jordan only had to justify looking past 3 G2 Menasors's when he was cherry picking that collection. NOW Doubleclouder has altered his rumor to include that Hembrook also found Defensor's in the collection. I guess when I announced the G2 Defensor on my Facebook page the story need to be altered to have an excuse for looking past it as well.... .Defensor? Yeah, I bought several of those as well. (but again, left one for the next guy)

So here you have it folks Doubleclouder updating his prior rumors of numerous Mint in Bag Menasors to now include Defensor. This is the first I have heard of this Defensor update.

I will guarantee that if tomorrow I said there was g1 unicorn prototype in the collection from 2014, the new rumor would be that someone witness someone else, who knew a credible sources that was certain he saw another person that bought several of those as well (all mint in the bag, complete with accessories of course)

Serious people and collectors deal in reality, not fantasy rumors.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  19. DoubleClouder

News Credits:
    I said my piece, not going to engage anymore. I showed an example you can currently buy and linked to another in an upcoming collection sale that had an image of the G2 Defensor and that member also stated he found an G2 Motormaster, which he said would be for sale as well. Hope this auction goes better than your last one.

20. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    So how many G2 Menasor sets are out there right now? At this point it feels like there's one up for sale every few months.

• Like Like x 1