Unreleased G2 Autojetter, Autolauncher and Gobots prototypes on Ebay

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BB Shockwave, Mar 11, 2020.

1. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't remember ever seeing these Autorollers before. The seller is canadian and has a lot of prototypes from Beast Wars to Combiner Wars for sale, but these seem to be genuine unreleased toys.

UNRELEASED Transformers G2 AUTOJETTER & AUTOLAUNCHER prototype factory sample | eBay
    While they were ultimately released in Beast Wars II, Autojetter and Autolauncher were originally created for G2 to be released after the first two Autorollers, Dirtbag and Ransack. Autojetter sports a green and yellow color scheme reminiscent of the insecticon Barrage, while Autolauncher is blue and white, looking more like a police armored vehicle than a firetruck.

Transformers Prototype Unreleased G2 Gobot Lot Of 6 | eBay
    Some of these Gobots were released after all in RID 2001, but not all, the jeep looks really nice. The seller states they are extremely rigid hence why he did not flip down the hood for transformations. I remember seeing these guys once before on another auction, but bagged.

G2 Autojetter and Autolauncher.jpg G2 Autojetter and Autolauncher2.jpg G2 Autojetter and Autolauncher3.jpg
    G2 Gobots1.jpg G2 Gobots2.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  2. Nickster563

Nickster563 Anymore questions you wanna ask?

That’s awesome that all these years later these cool pieces of transformers history are still being revealed, and on eBay of all places lol.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Cool find.

4. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    This is nowhere near the first time this has happened.

5. Nickster563

I never said it was, I just meant that it’s cool that all these unreleased prototypes are still showing up on Ebay even today.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Cool find.

7. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    There's this entire thread I posted last year, which discusses pretty much everything about toys released in or intended to be released in 1995.

The Autorollers, including these two unreleased ones, are discussed in chapter 6.

Here are some links to galleries and reviews with lots of photos:
    Generation 2 Autolauncher image gallery and review | www.transformertoys.co.uk
    Generation 2 Autojetter image gallery and review | www.transformertoys.co.uk
    Unreleased G2 Auto Rollers
    Transformers Unreleased Generation 2 | Facebook

The Go-Bots are discussed in chapter 7. Specifically, the unreleased ones are discussed in chapter 7, part 5.

Ben Yee of BWTF has reviews of all six of them, with lots of photos:
    "Generation 2" Go-Bot Hound Toy Review
    "Generation 2" Rumble Toy Review
    "Generation 2" Black Viper Toy Review
    "Generation 2" Mercedes Benz Toy Review
    "Generation 2" GTP Racer Toy Review
    "Generation 2" 911 Police Car Toy Review

To sum it up: While these figures are pretty rare overall, and some people (like you) may not be particularly familiar with them (or at all, even), there's nothing shown in these auctions that isn't already common knowledge for many of us longtime active members of this fandom, and like with various other unreleased G2 toys, similar auctions of these toy have been frontpaged several times before already.
    Auctions For Unreleased G2 Go-Bots on Card - Transformers News - TFW2005
    Tempting Toys - Rare and Unreleased Transformers Items at Botcon! - Transformers News - TFW2005
    More Unreleased G2 Goodness on eBay - Transformers News - TFW2005
    Unproduced G2 Gobots and More, First Painted Shots Ever! - Transformers News - TFW2005
    Unreleased G2 Go-Bots Up For Auction - Transformers News - TFW2005

No, you said they "are still being revealed, and on eBay of all places" which implies they've never been seen before, when in fact the Auto Rollers were redecoed for Takara's Beast Wars line (specifically the portion associated with the Beast Wars II cartoon), and in fact an early Takara catalog even depicted them in the same colors as these G2 samples, and other sites such as Transformers At The Moon have had galleries of them up for years.

Just to make sure: I'm not saying this isn't interesting and all, it's just not "stop the presses, hot reveals of unreleased toys from 25 years ago" material, but more like "another chance for people with deep pockets to own these rare and officially unreleased toys we've seen multiple times already".

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    Owner is a board member here. CobraZartan

The Gobots have been for sale by other sellers for years now. There is another seller on eBay who has been trying to sell packaged set for probably 5 years now. He also sold a few sets of the Autojetter and Autolauncher testshots.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    What would be really funny: If it was always the exact same samples of these unreleased toys that were being auctioned off after some years of someone owning them, with the next buyer eventually auctioning them off again, and so on, and every time people would consider it big news, when in fact it was just the exact same items changing owners every few years.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Nickster563

Your right i had never heard of these guys before so i thought they were a new find so thx for the correction but in my post that you quoted but i wasn't specifically trying to claim this was a new find, just that I'm aware other unreleased G2 figures in general have been revealed through Ebay before, even if this isn't a new reveal.

11. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok thanks. Sorry but as you all know this site has a notoriously terrible search engine. Also I assumed if the TF Wiki only has catalog photos of the Autorollers then these must be new.
    And dude I am a VERY longtime active fan. I have been on the net since I was in university, around 1997-98. I own the BW2 toys of these, and I used to scour Transformers the Moon back when they even hosted comic scans of Marvel UK stuff... But this is the first time I remember seeing these prototypes. To me this did seem like "hold the presses" news. I remembered seeing the Gobots before (albeit never transformed) but not the Autorollers.
    I wonder if these were supposed to be released alongside General Optimus and Sgt. Hound.

They likely ARE the same items, this guy seems to be selling his whole collection of prototypes. And I doubt more than one proto exists of these. I think there were only maybe 2 copies of the unreleased G2 Stunticons and Protectobots too, with the two leaders never having reached the stage to be boxed.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  12. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    Epic

Where in the hell does he get all of these?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2020
  13. Sixwing

Sixwing You have chosen poorly

Maybe he's a former Hasbro employee?

• Like Like x 2
  14. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah that is my guess too.

• Like Like x 1