Unprepared Joy

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AutobotJazz1, Jun 28, 2021.

1. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 The best there is...

News Credits:
    What's that one Transformers toy you thought would be a piece of shit or lackluster that turned out to be be fun as fuck? For me I thought it was ER Snapdragon. Don't even know why I bought him other than to be nothing more than Shockwaves sick and twisted experiment but for some reason I find myself fiddling with Snapdragon a lot. He just has so much play value, well much more play value than I thought tbh.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Shady boi

Shady boi Banned

Ebay:
    SS86 Hotrod.

• Like Like x 1
  3. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Honestly? All of the BW characters from Kingdom.

I'm a big G1-only kind of guy, and I'm the complete opposite of a BW fan...in fact I hate it. I hated it early. I hated it as a 13 year old, and 25 years later I still don't have any passion, love, nor desire for it.

But goddamn it these BW character toys are pretty awesome!

• Like Like x 12
  4. MrCoffeeBot814

MrCoffeeBot814 Member

After seeing so many bad reviews of studio series VW Bumblebee (screen inaccurate, excessive back kibbles, ect.), I was kind of unsure if I should buy him for my collections. Bought it in the end. Really loved it. He is so posable, has many accesories, looks cool with my other movies bots and is generally very fun to play with. And the kibbles don't bother me as much as I thought it would TBH.

• Like Like x 3
  5. AutobotJazz1

News Credits:
    I was pretty much indifferent to beast Transformers up until Kingdom and I must say I've become pretty fond of them as well. Airazor has caught my interest the most

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  6. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Airazor is goddamn fantastic. Beast Megs is still hands down my fave Kingdom figure so far.

• Like Like x 4
  7. halo4361

halo4361 Float like a butterfly, sting like a manta ray

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  8. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cyberverse Windblade. I only got her because she was 70% off and I was looking for "scale". Turns out she's very well done and looks really nice for such a cheap buy.

• Like Like x 4
  9. AutobotJazz1

News Credits:
    I need to look into this toy

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who enjoyed this toy. Admittedly the legs can be annoying a I do wish the sword was painted. Other than that though as it stand for now this is my definitive Windblade until we one day get a new version. I'm still surprised we haven't got a new Windblade yet

• Like Like x 1
  10. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yeah! I mean, I didn't expect it to be trash, but I still didn't think it'd be as good as it is!

Honestly, virtually all of Siege, Earthrise, and Kingdom fits this bill for me.

• Like Like x 6
  11. JSpaced10

JSpaced10 Not Predacon: PREDAKING!

Twitter:
    I "accidentally" won a POTP Battletrap on eBay recently and when I opened him I was like: This is... pants.

Turns out one of them is massive pants (trousers) and the other is his top! (Sorry.)

But, fiddling about with Battleslash is very satisfying. Picking up Roadtrap he kind of falls apart so he's one mode, or the other but not played with.

Ultimately the combined mode is kind of fun and I wasn't expecting the pose-ability he brings.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    ER sunstreaker. i thought he'd be bad but he was so good i ordered the diaclone two-pack because i wanted to have every version of the mold.

• Like Like x 2
  13. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

Core Rattrap (was gonna pass on him since I have the T30…and I didn’t expect so much out of such a tiny figure)
    Siege Spinister (not a fan of neon-ish colors…but that head sculpt and posability are excellent)
    MP Sunstreaker (thought he’d be a complicated fiddly jumble of parts…he’s nearly the best MP ever)

• Like Like x 3
  14. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

I wish I could contribute, but I’ve never spent money on a figure with the expectation of not liking it. That seems like a very unusual behavior, and not one I understand.

Well, there is one exception: I found an open-boxed SS86 Hot Rod with missing accessories on a store shelf for $15 and figured it was worth it just to see if the hype was justified. I liked the original G1 toy I had as a kid, but not the character on the cartoon or any toy version since. So… low expectations. While the engineering was interesting in some ways, the faux parts, washed-out colors, and “looks-like-the-cartoon” aesthetic were not. I saved him for parts i might use in a future custom.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BlueSilver

BlueSilver Well-Known Member

I like to get at least a couple figures from every line (though I seem to have broken that with Cyberverse) and I really wasn’t too excited about the new RID figures. They looked simplistic and blocky. Thunderhoof and Scorponok (Paralon) are shockingly fun, and Strongarm is one of my favorite fembot molds to date.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Preach Starscream

Preach Starscream Well-Known Member

Paleotrex was one that really grew on me with people's pictures. I didn't think I'd enjoy the fossilizers, but seeing him on these forums really won me over.

• Like Like x 2
  17. loof

loof New avatar wow

Siege Apeface! I was expecting to be disappointed based on reviews saying the nylon feels terrible and he feels flimsy, when in reality the nylon is ungodly sturdy. Transformation is a bit fiddly and some parts like popping out, but he is genuinely enjoyable for me.

• Like Like x 3
  18. atomD21

atomD21 Not made of sterner stuff...

I'm in the same boat as PlanckEpoch. I've always been in the "no BW toys for me" camp, but the beasts from Kingdom... I have all of them. It started with Megatron, then Primal, then all the rest. They are all just so much fun!

19. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    Collab Maverick. I think I had the most fun from him compared to the other collab figures yet. It stinks that such a wonderful mold got shafted because it lacks a bit of paint in robot mode....

Also Agreed. This is the best Windblade mold so far imo and I got multiples for customs lol.

• Like Like x 2
  20. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    Generations WFC Op. Design wise I had no issue, but that head, those longer antennae just rubbed me the wrong way. Yes, I did poke fun at it when pics first surfaced. Watched a few reviews and since I had a $5 off coupon from TRU I decided what the hell. OH BOY any nasty thing I ever said royally collected themselves together and gave me a good old kick right in the nuts. Seriously 5 minutes was all it took to change my mind. Even the head the thing I railed against didn't bother me in the slightest. Not joking when I say he did not leave my desk for well over a month after getting him. Fiddled with him the entire time and never got bored once.

Still miffed with never got a UM repaint out of it. That would be my gripe now.....well aside from Hasbro having that dumb rule of everyone has to be a deluxe. Seriously if he'd gotten the voyager treatment he'd be perfect.

• Like Like x 2