Unpopular transformers opinions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by mn_128875, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Confused Millennial

Confused Millennial Well-Known Member

It’s hard for 50-year-old humans to write 5,000-year-old robots without them (the robots) coming off either as massively alien or massively superior to us.

2. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not sure the "50-year-old" is about as whatever the age of the writer is, it's irrelevant... any writer would have to try and guess at what it would be like to be a machine, and since most people of all ages can't even put themselves in the shoes of the person next to them, I'd say that a writer that can pull something off that would be actually good and logical (regardless of their age) would simply be... a good writer.

But then, if we end up with machines that are truly sentient showing up, they might be completely different from anything that we'd surmised.

3. Confused Millennial

Confused Millennial Well-Known Member

It’s more that we don’t really have any frame of reference for an intelligent being that lives for centuries on end.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fridaytron

Fridaytron Pirate cat connoisseur

Twitter:
    I'm mostly tired of "this should have been a higher price point to improve it"

Just review them at the point they're at. Not everything should be a Voyager/Leader.

• Like Like x 4
  5. TransMarz

TransMarz Well-Known Member

"There should be no gay cybertronians" some classic homophobia in there for flavour, not a fan

• Like Like x 15
  6. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You can take humans in reference to most animals/insects as our lifespan is many times over what most other lifeforms on this planet has. And with the level of "advancement" that these robots should have, it would/should be another point of reference.. we'd be like mice to them (for example), just an extrapolation from there. But the trouble is, 100% of all media always humanize them to the point that there are at human level of attitude, emotions, intelligence, etc.

So many members repeat this and I keep saying that all Hasbro hears in "higher prices please!" and they've been more than happy to make it so. These people just don't get that they should be asking for better quality, and stop suckling on the "but but but.. budget!" thing. This magical budget thing isn't because Hasbro can't afford it, it's their higher management telling them to cut corners to increase profit margins, nothing more.

• Like Like x 2
  7. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    I have so much nostalgia watching his Lockdown and Jazz reviews and swooning hard for them. Those reviews cemented him to me as one of my go-to reviewers.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    The comment itself does suggest as much, so I’m likewise not a fan of how it reflects on our society. However, given that I see Cybertronians as an asexual construct, there’s room for neither hetero- nor homosexual orientations in my Transformers head canon. No sex means no sexuality. Personally, I think it would be refreshing to see genuine, complex, and deep relationships depicted in the fiction without including sexual overtones, themes, or behaviors.

• Like Like x 8
  9. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

What ever happened to Smokeyoreo anyway?

10. Rapidfirestormer

Rapidfirestormer Not Even Remotely Dorky

He had his account deleted. I'm pretty sure it was due to the arguments that got the first Rise of the Beasts leak thread locked, but I'm not 100% certain.

11. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    Was he the one that painted his figures with what appeared to be exterior house paint and a long-nap roller?

12. Rapidfirestormer

Rapidfirestormer Not Even Remotely Dorky

Yep.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is the first I'm hearing about this guy and I feel like I missed something/some one special.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

Sounds good but I do have a few questions if you don’t mind

I forgive me but this statement doesn’t make a lot of sense to me

Are you simply saying this is the version you prefer?

Prime starscream is the best version of starscream

I can agree with half of that lol
    which G1 Megatron?
    There were several
    “they are the same guy”
    All I’m going to say is that since day one of this franchise they did present these characters as at least using the terms for male and female gender differently when applied to certain characters

With that in mind they opened up themselves to such concepts as homosexuality and heterosexuality
    why not?
    which g1 origin for Optimus are you referring to?
    There are more then 1
    Can you elaborate?

15. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    That account was deleted, so, uh, don't expect Smokeyoreo to respond anytime soon.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

I didn’t notice that, probably because I’m doing this from my cell phone I don’t always see the smaller print

thank you very much

• Like Like x 1
  17. Applejacktimus

I mean, he was a kid. Posted like you'd expect. I didn't agree with him much and some would say his memes were unfunny, but I like the kind of enthusiasm fans like that bring. At the risk of sounding like a disney parent, everyone's special.

Anyway probably best to end the topic. Banned members probably aren't someone to talk about due to no discussing Moderator actions but I dunno if it applies to members that requested to be deleted. Probably best move on.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Sauce Guy

Sauce Guy Well-Known Member

I think it's dumb that characters like God Ginrai and Victory Saber have to go through 2 combinations to get their upgrades/super modes. They look cool, but I just don't like the execution of some things.
    Like, Ginrai linking up with his trailer only to have to link up with another trailer just to have access to flight and most of the cool weapons makes the first upgrade feel unnecessary if it just makes him taller. I wish it was streamlined to just be 2 modes by either cutting out the middle Super mode and putting all the god bomber/apex armor stuff into the 1st trailer, or removing the smaller robot and have the merged truck+trailer robot serve as the default form for Ginrai (like how the Titans Return toy did it), with the God Bomber add-ons as his powered up mode.

And Victory Saber just doesn't look that interesting as an upgrade either. I haven't seen the show so I have no context for things, but why would he need a wing pack when he already turns into a jet? What purpose do the Victory Leo shoes serve? The large cannon and the shoulder guns are neat but those could just be given to the standard Star Saber.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Applejacktimus

Actually I'm pretty sure Ginrai could fly just as Super Ginrai. I remember he flew around while literally carrying Godbomber with the Headmaster Juniors inside.

20. Sauce Guy

Sauce Guy Well-Known Member

Well that just makes it sound as if God Bomber is even more redundant.