Unpopular transformers opinions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Smokeyoreo18, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

I appreciate the answer just never heard of that particular Acronym before

• Like Like x 1
  2. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Haunting Your Nightmares in HD

So let's take this away from the potentially rule breaking discussion before it gets out of hand...

The TFP kids are probably my favorite human cast, in terms of the idea behind them (regular kids gets thrown into sci-fi adventures). Execution is a different story.
    I was actually kind of annoyed that all they got was a few brief references in RiD'15, when officially the show only takes place three years after Prime.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah. It seems hard to believe that Fowler wouldn’t have picked up on their presence on Earth, especially with BB appearing on stage at a rock concert, among other very public appearances by the TFs.

And it seems even harder to believe that BB wouldn’t have contacted Raf or anyone. Ratchet was still on Earth & he didn’t think to contact him either. They didn’t even give a flimsy excuse as to why he wouldn’t want to contact them. They just ignored it entirely. Really baffling.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Haunting Your Nightmares in HD

Ratchet was actually explained later.
    He stuck around on Cybertron post-Predacons Rising, so he actually wasn't on Earth at the time that Bee's team was operating there. He came back in a later season, to deliver the plot point about the new Council's shadier actions and how they view Optimus and his supporters (and finding out about Optimus' return in the process).

5. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    Ah ok. I remembered he showed up in RID2015, but forgot the part where he actually had gone back to Cybertron at some point between the shows.

6. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi 18 :)

News Credits:
    TLK Hot Rod wasn't so bad, actually.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that was the main reason I didn't watch RiD15. I became attached to the humans and wanted to know what happened to them and why they weren't getting involved.

8. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Arboreal Frippery

As a bisexual guy who crushes on male TFs more than female TFs, I was a big fan of the IDW1 Chromedome and Rewind pairing, (until they felt the need to fucking resurrect rewind... -_- ) and would not at all mind seeing say, for example, a new incarnation of Red Alert and Inferno become a pairing. I think there's a great untold story about a precipitous cowboy learning to be gentle and responsible for his mentally-ill comrade and still become equal partners of the closest bond.

But I don't want half-cocked checklist-filler romances to ever get in the way of earnest storytelling just to "prove" you're LGBT+ supportive. Absence of evidence does not equal evidence of absence. If a storytelling element doesn't work, it should be removed, including romantic pairings, LGBT or not. And Transformers, unfortunately, often fumbles its romances moreso than not. I wouldn't bat an eye if a Red Alerf/Inferno romance was cut out of a good series because the writer thought their story wasn't good, even if it meant there were no other LGBT pairings. Everything should be in service of quality storytelling.

• Like Like x 12
  9. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    My favorite moment in TLK comes courtesy of Hot Rod. It’s during the London chase scene, when he’s driving and kicking up a bunch of leaves off the road.

Skip to 1:30 for the leafy action.

I love that moment because it reminds me of this moment:

63AEEBD5-C908-4BB9-863B-E1FB36BCCFEE.gif

I don’t know if anyone ever said, but it sure feels like they were intentionally recreating that one specific moment for TLK. And it made me smile. That one moment was the best thing out of that entire 2 1/2 hour movie.

• Like Like x 1
  10. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    I'd like to see TF media flesh out the city-states a bit more.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Note: Poochie The kids died on the way back to his their home planet.

12. Wafer

Wafer Bee427's partner in crime

Posting this to celebrate myself starting Beast Wars today:

Rattrap and Inferno make better comedic relief characters than Waspinator

• Like Like x 5
  13. cartoonsforever

cartoonsforever Wreck the past, rule your future

The insecticons work better as a species than a decepticon subgroup

• Like Like x 4
  14. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

So... they wouldn't be Cybertronian?

I don't really like the concept of Cybertronians being broken down into different species, and I really don't like the concept of "race" because at least in human terms, race isn't scientifically definitive. It's a complex biological spectrum that people oversimplify and misuse. However, I've always wondered if robots like Ravage, Laserbeak, Buzzsaw, etc. were different from other Cybertronians given that they don't have humanoid forms and don't speak (in the cartoon, at least). But then IDW stirred the pot by introducing Ratbat's backstory, making the beast form seem more like a punishment. Are the other beast cassettes essentially convicts? When I played with my toys as a kid, Ravage et. al. could speak, were fully sentient, and were simply lower-rank subordinates to Soundwave, but the show makes them seem more like pets.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know a lot of the Hot Rod hate is just for the meme, or comes from people who disliked him as a replacement for Optimus Prime, and that's understandable. But I think people who genuinely blame Optimus's death on him and hold him morally responsible lack critical thinking skills. It'd be like if there was a vocal portion of the Star Wars fandom who hated Obi-Wan for having trained Anakin because it led to him becoming Darth Vader. Even as a 12-year-old first getting into the franchise, I struggled to wrap my mind around why anyone would blame Hot Rod for Prime's death more than they seemed to blame Megatron.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Bee427

Bee427 Still here and queer

Sort of related to the "genetic difference" thread - I don't like the G1 origin story of the Constructicons getting brainwashed to work for Megatron. They're crafty and opportunistic; if they pick a side in the war, it should be for a good reason.

• Like Like x 9
  17. Ravage Stanixa

Ravage Stanixa Vox Destron

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Seriously, it makes a lot more sense if he's a workers' leader that of course they would follow him.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

FYI
    Ravage spoke once in the cartoon

19. Ravage Stanixa

Ravage Stanixa Vox Destron

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    And never shuts up in any of the comics that I've ever read.

• Like Like x 2
  20. cartoonsforever

cartoonsforever Wreck the past, rule your future

Not sure how unpopular this is but I’m gonna say it anyway

There is no vehicle out there that can fit megatron better than a tank. Megatron’s a war mongering dictator so why wouldn’t he transform into the quintessential machine of war?

• Like Like x 7