Unpopular transformers opinions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Smokeyoreo18, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Honorbound

Honorbound Bayverse Optimus was in the right.

Ebay:
    That last part hits me where I live.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Colossal pain.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Still no war in Ba Sing Se

Being a Transformer fan is like seeing a classic car in a junkyard. You see the potential it has and love it for that, but it will never reach that potential until someone takes the effort to restore it. Of course the problem with this metaphor is that it wasn't a perfect car when it was fresh off the lot either, but you get where I'm coming from.

• Like Like x 5
  4. RKStrikerJK5

RKStrikerJK5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This will always be my favorite Optimus Prime.

• Like Like x 8
  5. Vancelle

Vancelle Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Lol no, they were quite literally the worst gimmick and concept that was used for Transformers. They're ugly, the gimmick is basically worthless from a plot point (especially the Decepticon Pretenders/Horrorcons) , and the toys themselves have hardly been playable. Taking a figure out of a shell and having a shoddy transformation is boring. Pretenders will hopefully not be revisited anytime soon, if ever.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chaos Studios

Chaos Studios Well-Known Member

shockwave now commonly used as the mad scientist guy made him infinitely more interesting than him being a warlord leader of whatever. G1 really wasted his character

• Like Like x 2
  7. TheUltimateBum

TheUltimateBum Nautica Lover

I dunno. I honestly feel the Marvel comics handled him best. Again, I always liked Shockwave the most out of all the leaders, he had the most ridiculously inventive plans, and was both a physical and intellectual opponent (beating Megatron in both ends by battling him in issue 6 and basically manipulating him into blowing himself up with the space bridge in issue 25).

Again, I've never been a big fan of Megatron (unless it's the Beast Era one and the RiD01 version) because I always found him pretty one-note as a character (and when you add depth to him, it just never works for me).

Plus, there are other characters that work better as mad scientists than Shockwave (Mixmaster, G2 Deluge and Tarantulas just work perfectly in that role, whereas Shockwave just feels like he doesn't reach full potential when you relegate him to sciency guy).

• Like Like x 4
  8. JSpaced10

JSpaced10 Not Predacon: PREDAKING!

Twitter:
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    whaaat? he was a fantastic character in marvel and probably the most efficient leader the decepticons had in that run. scorponok and megatron constantly fucking things up wasn't his fault... but that time he got dirt thrown in his eye and went on a rampage was kinda on him.

• Like Like x 4
  10. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    It's weird looking back on it now, but Marvel Shockwave was oddly emotional, wasn't he? I know that Budiansky said that Shockwave was basically an evil Spock, but he always felt much more emotional in the comic. Like, when he beats the hell out of Megatron in one of the early issues, he isn't coldly and logically taking him down, he's kind of just raging at him. It's almost like Marvel Shockwave is an evil version of Spock from like early Trek, before he got settled into his now-iconic role of being the cold and logical one.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    yeah, he was emotional because he was a thinking person and not "he's gonna say logic to show how logical and evil and calculating he is" like... a lot of recent media featuring shockwave. he was focused on doing what he thought would get him to the top, but whenever something didn't go according to his plans he'd freak the fuck out because that's his character -- two steps ahead but never looking over his shoulder enough.

• Like Like x 1
  12. TheUltimateBum

Furman's Shockwave was a lot more emotional than Budiansky's. Budiansky's one did have moments of rage, but it was a much more sort of controlled rage, whereas Furman's Shocky really lost it a lot of times.

13. CyberstormSM

News Credits:
    That's true, yeah. Even though I prefer a Shockwave who's more cold and emotionless, I do like Marvel Shockwave quite a bit since he's an interesting character.

I don't really remember Furman's Shockwave all that well, to be honest. I mainly remember him losing his mind in that one combiner story in the earlier parts of the UK run, and I think he might've acted rashly a few times during the Galvatron saga, but beyond that I can't remember much.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TheUltimateBum

Yeah, Furman's Shocky really lost it quite a few times. Budiansky's was much more in-control.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Vancelle

Instagram:
    I'm aware of those, what I meant was that I hope in the future it's not revisited. Like ever again.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Chaos Studios

Chaos Studios Well-Known Member

yeah to each their own i guess, but I do wish for more scientist based characters to get that prominent role like the ones you mentioned

• Like Like x 1
  17. Shady boi

Shady boi Banned

Ebay:
    Actionmasters?

18. Shady boi

Shady boi Banned

Ebay:
    Multiplayer carried FoC.

• Like Like x 1
  19. CyberstormSM

News Credits:
    That character customization stuff was fun.

• Like Like x 8
  20. Vancelle

Instagram:
    Those are terrible as well. The point of Transformers is to at least transform. The actionmasters are just as bad. Thanks for pointing that out.

• Like Like x 1