Unpopular transformers opinions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Smokeyoreo18, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Chaos Studios

Chaos Studios Well-Known Member

Ok as an animator ill tell you this,

Cal arts style doesnt exist and the term was coined/created by a well known pedo in the industry, if you dont like the bean mouth style what ever, but call it what it is and not equate it to a single school, hell the same creator of that stupid term used it referring to the iron giant of all things.

Id rather have a wacky humorous transformers show considering G1 had some of the wackiest shit imaginable, like some on, transformers as a brand has done alot of stupid and outlandish shit. Like we had a show where a robot rhinoceros farted so hard he created a fucking shockwave to SPACE, we also had G1 where optimus was playing basketball and football.

Ok unless you actually work/ed in the industry, you have no way to factually prove this unless its he said/she said. Plenty of people want to make a good show but are hampered by corporate executives and network censorship. No one sets out to make a bad show intentionally, we dont spend years and endless nights to make bad shit.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's more then fair to give the first episode a shot and if it's not working out to just move on.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lola

Lola Soap

yeah realized that. But I already wrote the comment and I felt bad deleting everything.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chaos Studios

eh dont feel bad, i shouldve clarified my statement

5. Suboptimal Optimus

Suboptimal Optimus There Is Such A Thing As Truth

My issue with 'whacky humour show' is that unless you got a really damn good writer who can actually write something funny, it just become groan inducing. Which is why a TF show whose main stated focus would be comedy is going to have an uphill battle if the writers can't deliver. That's what I meant. Most TF show got comedy but if it become the main focus it need to deliver and that is one aspect I don't expect them.

6. Chaos Studios

We havent even seen concept art or packaging (or even a title I think) yet, you should wait for it to come out first before going doomer mode. Cyberverse is a big example of why we should wait, while im not a fan of the show, everything we thought the show would be was clearly wrong because we werent going off plot synopsis or actually watching the show. Probably the same thing with animated

• Like Like x 3
  7. Suboptimal Optimus

I'll be right about this and laugh at how terrible any upcoming show will be. These patterns never fail.

8. Chaos Studios

Well if your pre concieved notions about a show is that it will be terrible, then of course youll think itll be bad once it releases.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Suboptimal Optimus

Actually, I thought Animated and TFPrime were going to be bad but still ended up liking them, being proven wrong so....

10. Chaos Studios

Then how do you know you won't like the new show then? Like don't you hope to be proven wrong?

• Like Like x 8
  11. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus Wishing for a reboot

I don’t really like the idea of the Nick show supposedly being a comedy show if the Botbots one is also supposed to be comedy.

12. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    I'll fight anyone who dares to disparage this.

Basketball.gif

• Like Like x 14
  13. Rojixus

Rojixus I AM NOT YOUR ENEMY!

More of this and less "TELL ME YOU FORGIVE ME!!" please!

• Like Like x 14
  14. TheUltimateBum

TheUltimateBum Nautica Lover

The other way around for me. I thought they were gonna be great when they were first announced and they ended up being extremely irritating and disappointing for me.

15. Chaos Studios

its perfectly fine to dislike a show, its just so bizzarre when people dont go in with atleast a slight level head that it could be good

• Like Like x 9
  16. Shady boi

Shady boi Banned

Ebay:
    Optimus is either a Center or a Power Forward.

17. Shady boi

Shady boi Banned

Ebay:

JOHN K

18. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

I don’t think that’s bizarre at all, in fact I think most people go in with their preconceived ideas hoping to be surprised

I was certain I wouldn’t like TFA right up to the opening theme of the first episode and was shocked when I did

• Like Like x 7
  19. Suboptimal Optimus

People don't give Animated a chance, due to its first season being a bit...weird. That and too many people dislike it purely on the art style alone or for its human villains which, admittedly, weren't really great. That said the writers phased out most of them later on.

• Like Like x 3
  20. TheUltimateBum

TheUltimateBum Nautica Lover

That was actually what hyped me up. I liked the art style and honestly, I liked the human villains better than the Decepticons, but the show itself... it was just frustrating. In fact, after I watched both TFA and TFP and ended up being disappointed by both, I always go to stuff with a rather cynical, pessimistic outlook nowadays (which is why I ended up enjoying Rescue Bots, RiD15 and Cyberverse, because my expectations were already down the drain and they just surprised me, because they were just fun watches, flawed, but not as irritating as TFA and TFP were for me).