Unpopular transformers opinions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Smokeyoreo18, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Rojixus

Rojixus I AM NOT YOUR ENEMY!

How so? Comic book superheroes have a whole stable of villains and factions and no one ever gets confused about that.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 Has to wait 241 days till he can watch RotB

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Sideswipe is honestly an extremely stupid name.

I prefer it when bumblebee doesn’t have a voice, because it makes him a lot more interesting when done right.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

I’m curious why you would say that. I always liked it because it’s a real automotive term, and given the character’s tendency to fight dirty, it seems very appropriate. It’s a helluva lot better than “Sunstreaker.”

• Like Like x 5
  4. RKStrikerJK5

RKStrikerJK5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've got his Deluxe-class toy from ROTF and it's pretty damned good. It looks so sinister and evil. The 'alt mode' is, well it's shit, but he's good enough to overcome it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ravage Stanixa

Ravage Stanixa Vox Destron

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I want Ravage to look like a cat. Or a black melanistic thylacine. TBH G1 Ravage was often mistaken for a dog by people who didn't know the canon and actually looked a lot like a thylacine, particularly given the way Ravage's jaw drops open to a degree that isn't possible for either a cat or a dog.

Those aren't factions. Mercenaries are exactly what it says on the tin. Anyone can hire them to fight anyone else. Quintessons are not Transformers. They are another species that is an enemy of the Transformers.

Maybe knowing that will make it easier?

• Like Like x 3
  6. Smokeyoreo18

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    I honestly know absolutely nothing about cars (surprisingly) and that type of talk, but Every time I think about that name the first thing that comes to my mind is a guy cleaning his car, because of the words “sides” and “wipe”.
    I always thought that his name should be “exhaust”. The name exhaust fits the hot head punk who fights dirty type character perfectly imo, and it’s way better than “sideswipe” imo.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ravage Stanixa

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pfft. Some of the TFP toys were not great and I really want a nice KO and Breakdown I don't have to put stickers on. With a car mode for KO that is as fabulous as KO himself would insist on it being.

Look I have opinions on Ravage okay? LOL that should be obvious. I identify to a ridiculous degree with the IDW-1 version of this character. (Everyone's got their favourites they're just kinda stuck on, right? For me it's Ravage, Soundwave and Megatron and their twisty twisty interrrelationships.)

I am very invested in the continuities where Ravage is intelligent and one of the first to join the Decepticons, and I like for Ravage to be beautiful, not just "sinister" :)  YMMV and that's absolutely OK.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

From your first comment I assumed you didn't really know the meaning of the word (no offense). It's not sides-wipe, it's side-swipe. It's a parallel collision, when one car comes in at an angle to another so that it hits it "door-to-door". This is in contrast to a T-bone, when one car hits the side of another at a 90-degree angle, with the front bumper striking directly at the door.

I never thought of Sideswipe as a hot-headed punk. The only depiction of him fitting that description is in RID15, which was one of the worst portrayals of the character ever, IMO.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Still no war in Ba Sing Se

A side swipe is when you make a glancing blow against a car, a perfect name for an Autobot who fights dirty.

Sunstreaker should have kept the name Spinout to keep up the automotive theme. Tracks should have been named Sunstreaker. Why is he named Tracks?

• Like Like x 4
  10. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

I agree that Spinout is a cool name that should have been retained. "Sunstreaker" to me suggests someone running naked on a sunny day... which isn't very Transformer-appropriate.

Now that you mention it, Tracks is an odd name for that character. Maybe if he liked to race it would make more sense, but all he wanted to do was wax up and look pretty.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Smokeyoreo18

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Ik I honestly actually want new TFP toys. Those few posts were jokes.but I would seriously sell my kidneys for new figures of TFP starscream, wheeljack, smokescreen, dreadwing, ratchet, predaking, and knockout

• Like Like x 3
  12. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

My son collected the TFP toys and I thought many of them were great. I liked Ratchet, Wheeljack, Dreadwing, and especially the Vehicons. Knockout and Smokescreen could definitely use a do-over, though, and Airachnid was garbage.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Ravage Stanixa

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I wouldn't sell my kidneys but I might max out my Discover card.

I also prefer voyager sized figures so there's that too.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Smokeyoreo18

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    I don’t have ratchet or dreadwing (he doesn’t look really good at all imo) so I wouldn’t know anything about how they were as figures, but wheeljack was awful imo (and he was absolutely painful to transform and his arms suck), I have the jet vehicon who is one of the worst figures that I own, and also TFP cliffjumper needs a redo because his rid figure was garbage and you would have to sell your lungs to buy the first edition one anywhere. CA299ADF-63CD-4D0C-8E83-F55C7383F66F.jpeg E9C25F27-B6DD-44E7-A711-45C7BE1DC829.jpeg DBE0A75B-50C6-4F21-AB43-1F6D8E07FED1.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  15. Patrickab7

Patrickab7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, glad I got Prime Cliffjumper when I did.

16. Ravage Stanixa

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    KO's arms suck too, which is really bad because he's a freaking surgeon.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Smokeyoreo18

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Thankfully we’re (we’re most likely) getting a new knockout in the next trilogy.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ravage Stanixa

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I hope so. I love Knock Out and Breakdown so much. Also they need to not kill off Breakdown.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Rojixus

Rojixus I AM NOT YOUR ENEMY!

Those eBay prices make me laugh every time. What kind of drugs are these people hopped up on to where they think an actual human being would actually pay that much money for a toy that's only worth 15 dollars?

• Like Like x 6
  20. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The same that allows Hasbro to double prices, and still such people insist that they would be happy to give Hasbro more money. And the same people that defends everything Hasbro does, that actually end up paying whatever price that a piece of plastic that's worth no more than a few pennies will "demand".

There's isn't a single toy (or anything really) that's worth more than whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Sadly, it creates situations that others exploits (including Hasbro) and it drives prices up for everyone.

So, for me... it doesn't make me laugh, it's depressing. I know that someone either has already paid that price, that someone will, or that someone will believe that it's the "standard" price for such item and will follow suit.

• Like Like x 2