Unpopular transformers opinions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Smokeyoreo18, Dec 30, 2019.

1. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    I didn't want to derail the main thread, but the news of the tarp covered flat nose truck being transported in Canada potentially being Optimus Prime does nothing for me. Whoop-dee-doo. It's yet another flat nose Optimus Prime. That's also another reason I'm posting this comment on this thread: I have absolutely no excitement about the next film, save for my excitement for new toys (because I've gotta feed my plastic crack addiction lol). I know that the designs are going to be G1. Not to mention the plethora of "G1 good Bay bad" takes that people are going to be putting out once the official designs are revealed.

Not only are they overrated, but I would argue that they are the reason the movie had so much staying power amongst the fan base. The movie was okay, but I honestly feel like if it hadn't been for the Cybertron scenes in the movie, this film would've been tossed to the wayside by fans after a few months. They'd only bring it up to talk about how it's "at least better than the Bay movies".

• Like Like x 8
  2. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That and, the drastic change in quality of writing from AOE/TLK (and some, like myself, may argue earlier) and Bumblebee definitely helps.

I definitely feel that the 100% it kept on Rotten Tomatoes for a while and the very high score it currently has is a result of "Oh my god a good Transformers movie" knockback after the last few.

• Like Like x 5
  3. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    I'll even admit that Bumblebee, after the terrible Wahlberg films, was a breath of fresh air. It's just absolutely boring to me that the designs in the new films are just going to be complex recreations of designs from 35 years ago. That just doesn't interest me in the slightest.

4. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably not you, but for people who’ve wanted to see more complex and detailed versions of the original designs it’s probably really exciting.

Plus, Paramount did need something at face value to bring people in after TLK, and since it worked now they’re rolling with it.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 Has to wait 331 days till he can watch RoTB

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    The cyberverse quintessons in general are way better than the G1 quintessons

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ravage Stanixa

Ravage Stanixa Vox Destron

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I agree!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chaos Studios

Chaos Studios Well-Known Member

studio series should be primarily about the live action movie designs and not making another rehash of G1 again

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Shady boi

Shady boi Insane Bangarang

Ebay:
    Gotta hide the wheels

9. Revoticus

Revoticus Big Combaticon fan

Ratchet, Arcee and even Cliffjumper's face is very haunting because of the uncanny valley. Dropkick and Blitzwing had the best faces among the bots in Bumblebee.

Unless they make something new to his look, like adding extra colors like black or white on Optimus and do something different with his vehicle mode placement in robot mode.

Kinda agree about Bumblebee, it's okay and that's it. I hope the next one will actually have a speaking bot in the main role.

• Like Like x 1
  10. CaioSilvatheScreamerFan

CaioSilvatheScreamerFan Destron New Leader

Facebook:
    So The Transformers: The Movie isn't a movie ?
    I think you should add "live-action" to your statement

• Like Like x 5
  11. Chaos Studios

Chaos Studios Well-Known Member

Yeah I just edited it

12. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 Has to wait 331 days till he can watch RoTB

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    As a HUGE TFP fan, I kind of hope that hasbro doesn’t make new TFP figures, more specifically updates for the decepticon cast.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Former Green Kool-aider

News Credits:
    RID Megatron (Car Robots Gigatron) is a freaking awesome take on the character. Visually, he's probably my favorite Megatron design, ever.

Sure, most of his alternate modes sucked. However, his dragon, claw, bat, and jet forms were convincing enough. I would love to see even the six-changer version of RID Megatron get the Generations treatment.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Honorbound

Honorbound Bayverse Optimus was in the right.

Ebay:
    He definitely stands apart, especially when compared to the pack of gray tankformers we've gotten lately. Just give him the head from the BotCon Combiner Wars Megatron (the one based on the old 3H design), detach the nosecone to turn it into a weapon reminiscent of his Transmetal form's tail cannon, and he's good to go.

15. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Former Green Kool-aider

News Credits:
    The Unicron Trilogy had some whack designs for Megatron and Galvatron. Remember the Pinsir horns from Armada?

Megatron's always had more leeway with his appearance. It's really the facial design of Megatron that was very consistent until the films. So long as the character fits "imposing, brutally strong, but narcissistic to an extreme", that's enough to fit the bill for Megatron no matter how he looks.

Hell, how long did it take before Optimus Prime having a retractable faceplate became popular?

• Like Like x 3
  16. Honorbound

Honorbound Bayverse Optimus was in the right.

Ebay:
    Before the movies and Animated came out, you could have stood any two Megatron designs next to each other and said they were different characters entirely instead of different versions of the same character, and nobody outside of the franchise could tell otherwise. The only exception would be the Beast Era Megatron's helmets.

And I'd argue that in certain circles, the retractable faceplate is still unpopular.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Whistle Rymes

Whistle Rymes Well-Known Member

Same here. I'm over the movies. The franchise lost me at AOE and not even Bumblebee managed to renew my interest in live action Transformers. I'm sure I'll go see it anyway, because what else am I gonna do, but I'm not jumping up and down with excitement for every update we're getting for it.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    It’s taken me time, but honestly while the Twins are still shitty and annoying characters, I have come to enjoy their ice cream mode if just for the great toy we got out of it. It’s a very unique alt mode with a unique color scheme that stands out among the fleet of shiny, top of the line cars and bikes, and they seem to combine well. And it’s funny to imagine on paper two twins who bicker as much as they do forced together to survive in one alt mode. They’re still annoying as shit, but I actually took out the ice cream combiner toy from my storage box to put alongside my SS collection.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is me right here, except I have no excitement for the toys either.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ravage Stanixa

Ravage Stanixa Vox Destron

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Why? I'd really love a sturdier, better-engineered KO with an alt mode that is actually pretty. (And of course a BD to match)

• Like Like x 2