Unpopular transformers opinions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by mn_128875, Dec 30, 2019.

1. CaioSilvatheScreamerFan

CaioSilvatheScreamerFan Destron New Leader

Facebook:
    "and when i become Decepticon leader you'll be the new second in-command!!"
    :) 

• Like Like x 1
  2. TheUltimateBum

TheUltimateBum Nautica Lover

Good ol' Screamer. He ain't that much of a bad guy deep down. :D 

• Like Like x 2
  3. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

How does someone produce an image like this?

I’m seriously technologically illiterate but I would love to see or try to do something similar to this with the super fire convoy figure

I think with some retooling of the chest plate on both modes and new heads the figure would make a good Hotrod/Rodimus Prime figure

4. Rojixus

Rojixus Celebrating 40 Years of Transformers!

Yes! That's why I just put all that extra stuff I'm not using in an old shoe box and call it a day.

• Like Like x 2
  5. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    For the colors, you open the image in a photo editing software (I like Gimp) and outline the region you want to color. Then, you go to colorize (or whatever the alternative is) and start adjusting the colors.
    For things like replacing the head, you open the image that has the part you want to copy, trace it, copy it, and then paste it into the image you're editing and make adjustments as needed.

I've wanted to make a video on how to do digibashes for years, but I've never gotten around to it. Maybe I'll do it this summer...

• Like Like x 5
  6. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  7. Bee427

Bee427 Still here and queer

Please do! (Whenever you have time.) That would be really useful.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Suboptimal Optimus

Suboptimal Optimus Burn it all down

I get it for storage on figures but from a visual or lore standpoint I don't like most guns just stuck on altmodes.

9. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    My apologies for not responding earlier, but to be honest, I had you on ignore. Not sure why, but I was only ignoring two individuals, so it was probably for good reason. I don't dwell on the past and I don't hold grudges, so I'm not bothering to research the reason.

@CyberstormSM summarized the basics. Personally, I use Photoshop Elements because it's what my wife uses to edit her photographs. There are many options out there. CyberstormSM may have more training in image editing than I do, so I'm not necessarily a great resource for advice. I just "picked it up" and my results are pretty amateurish, so I'm sure my techniques are, too. There are some fantastic digibashers on this forum, and they’ve been both inspirational and at times directly helpful (@chchchch) to me personally.

Regardless, I operate in layers as I’m sure most do. I always have at least one duplicate layer (which I can manipulate while keeping the original image unchanged) and one color layer (for changing colors). Often in order to get the desired color, however, I need to change the brightness, contrast, saturation, etc. of certain sections, so I may use additional adjustment layers. Middle-tone hues are easy to deal with, but whites and near-blacks require more massaging because the shadows and/or highlights may not be as distinct. They require more work. Sometimes I directly paint or smear the duplicate layer in order to manipulate the source image (like with the wings on Rodferno). Often I “mix” my own colors by sight, but occasionally I use the dropper to sample them from other images (sometimes from the Sunbow models, sometimes from other toys).

I bring new “parts” in from other images by outlining, copying, and pasting them as new layers. I adjust the size to fit, make rotation/skew adjustments, and trim them as needed with the eraser. I then adjust brightness/contrast/saturation as to match the settings of the rest of the project, and match color using color layers. The head in my image earlier is from DX9 Carry. The left hand is a flipped, rotated, and trimmed right hand from another MMC Backdraft image (I wanted to eliminate the hose nozzle).

I’m guessing there is “smart” software out there than can shortcut the manual work I’m describing, much like traction control, stability control, and ABS help out with driving a car. However, I do this more for the fun (and the meditative experience) rather than the results, so I enjoy the labor.

I recommend reading up, checking out some YouTube videos, and experimenting. And asking questions, which you’ve already done. It’s a fun diversion, and I’ve found that the folks here on TFW2005 are generally very supportive and encouraging.

Good luck!!

• Like Like x 4
  10. Primeultra

I always say let bygones be bygones
    Thanks for this wonderful information

When I get a chance to actually sit down and go through all of it and I will and see what I can do with my own talents or lack of LOL

• Like Like x 1
  11. Primeultra

Thank you and if you do that video send me a link

• Like Like x 1
  12. scuffed up rts bumblebee

scuffed up rts bumblebee #Justice4Chopter Trench's#1Fan

rodimus prime really isnt that cool (imo), hotrod is just better (imo)

13. RKStrikerJK5

RKStrikerJK5 number one Bangles fan on the boards

News Credits:
    Well, I guess my opinion, unpopular or not, is that I really prefer season one of the Sunbow cartoon overall. I like Optimus a lot more than Rodimus. I find it to be a lot more consistent, with a good mix of serialized storytelling and standalone episodes.

• Like Like x 8
  14. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Springer should have more appearances outside of comics. The last time he’s appeared in anything outside of G1 was in animated, and it was literally a statue of his head that appeared for like 3 seconds.

• Like Like x 4
  15. TheUltimateBum

I dunno. I just found the first season to be the most generic and boring of them all. Fire in the Sky and The Ultimate Doom are the only episodes that leave an impression on me (Fire in the Sky was a great showcase for Starscream, and Ultimate Doom just had a great plot), but all the other episodes are just... run-of-the-mill "Decepticons want power, Autobots have to stop" stories without the wacky shenanigans of season two.

What I liked about Rodimus is that you can't tell whether the 'bots would be victorious or not, there was always doubt within the ranks and that is what engaged me about season three. With Optimus, it all becomes pretty predictable and it just isn't engaging at all, at least for me.

God... no. I just don't find anything appealing about Springer. I find him a pretty lame character and he just doesn't add anything to the table.

• Like Like x 1
  16. scuffed up rts bumblebee

scuffed up rts bumblebee #Justice4Chopter Trench's#1Fan

I would have to agree with this, I only like springer cause of nostalgia being one of my first transformers, he really isnt that special

• Like Like x 1
  17. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    His new appearance should change that tho.

18. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    I read those two posts and literally thought someone was targeting you.

• Like Like x 1
  19. TheUltimateBum

Possibly, but still, I feel I should keep my hopes down. Again, maybe the Marvel UK comics version will do something, but none of the ones I've seen so far do anything for me.

• Like Like x 1
  20. HotRodDidNothingWrong

HotRodDidNothingWrong Still salty about TLK Hot Rod

YouTube (Legacy):
    I 100% disagree with this notion. Every concept and character in the franchise's history, no matter what you personally think of them, deserves to be revisited imo. Sure you don't like springer now, but a new interpretation of the character could come along and change how you feel about him.

• Like Like x 5