Unpopular transformers opinions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Smokeyoreo18, Dec 30, 2019.

1. TheUltimateBum

TheUltimateBum Nautica Lover

That depends on who you ask. I personally feel they look good, but then again, I always liked bright colors.

• Like Like x 3
  2. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

Yeah but you also like Rodimus so...

• Like Like x 2
  3. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Our technology has so progressed that we can make figures almost life-like, even if they don't transform.
    10B1570A-5A71-4381-A460-4AB42F09B7F1.jpeg.jpg
    I think this shows that the replacement of CGI for stop motion or Toku-style suitmation is inevitable someday. Probably not with the current Beeverse films, but with a future show or film series outside the existing Bay-Bee universe.

Also I guess as a disclaimer, photo's not mine.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

At first I thought you were defending the mullet. Allowances for subjectivity can only be stretched so far!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

Yeah, good luck with that, Defensor. Reality's a bitch.

[​IMG]

6. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 Has to wait 334 days till he can watch RoTB

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    ?

7. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Still no war in Ba Sing Se

Solution: Hotspot forms the chest, Blades the legs, Street wise and First aid turn into the arms and Groove... I'll form the head.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

Sorry, it’s just part of my ongoing campaign against mass shifting. Defensor isn’t a feasible construct without it, but I find the whole concept ridiculous. The idea that a Honda Goldwing and a Huey helicopter could both serve as limbs of the same robot is ridiculous.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had some artwork some place that wasn't to far from this but I switched Hotspot and blades and some parts of Groove would also form a bit of the torso plate.

edit super, super quick doodle to give an idea. I think the idea is that Groove would gain a side car that would contain the head so the actual robot himself wouldn't be inpeeded much he'd just have a massive back pack.
    defensorquicksketch.PNG

Last edited: May 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  10. Shady boi

Shady boi Insane Bangarang

Ebay:

Have you seen Superion or Menasor? They could be rivaling this

• Like Like x 1
  11. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel like Menasor just needs to make Motor Master like a flat bed or a large tow truck and it's fine. Superion as well just sub out the Concord for something smaller. it's not like one limb is dramatically as off like with the Protectobots. Combaticons get close to that level of wrong with Swindle and blastoff being massivly off but again just mix it up a little make BO a drone or something make swindle a larger APC and it's atleast all in the right ball park.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Shady boi

Ebay:
    The term mass shifting outside of g1 has lost its meaning.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Every single Transformers continuity mass shifts even if it isn't G1.

It's how you get characters that turn into jets to be the same size as bots you have land based vehicle modes, or Prime the same size as Megs.

• Like Like x 2
  14. GeoSociety

GeoSociety Lowering the Bar

If you think that's bad:

megatron112_1242770869.jpg

Imagine pulling apart Devastator's components piece by piece and then seeing how hilariously huge the contructicon vehicle forms would actually be. Waaaay too many Devastators are guilty of this.

• Like Like x 6
  15. Shady boi

Ebay:
    By definition of mass, they dont. They change size but keep the same amount of mass. NOTE im not saying G1

EDIT: Forget what i said. I just had a fucking brain fart.

16. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

They're probably not nearly as bad, because in those combiners the limb bots would be of similar size, with slightly larger torso bots. But when you have motorcycles, helicopters, and sports cars filling similar-sized slots, it just doesn't make much sense.

• Like Like x 3
  17. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I tend to agree. I've said it before, but people use "mass-shifting" to describe two distinct phenomenon. Characters who have shrinking tech like G1 Soundwave (which I would consider real mass-shifting), and animation cheating like AOE Lockdown (which I would just call movie magic). Like, AOE Lockdown isn't supposed to shrink and grow in-universe, the animators just play fast and loose with his scale to make him seem like a plausible threat to Optimus. 99% of the audience won't even notice the cheat because the animators do a good job hiding it (you really only notice if you intentionally set out to analyze the scale). Whereas someone like G1 Soundwave is blatantly growing and shrinking, with no attempt to hide it. I feel like we need to come up with terms to separate these two things.

• Like Like x 5
  18. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure Menasor is the only G1 combiner, besides the animal-bots, that isn't a blatant violation of mass shifting consistency. 4 cars and 1 truck, that's easier to manage than a chopper, a jeep, a spacecraft, a tank, and a truck.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

It begs the question why combiners with size inconsistencies would have been designed as such to begin with. Menasor is an aesthetically a terrible combiner-- it looks awful. But conceptually, it makes the most sense. I don't like the very idea of combiners, but I almost accept Menasor because the physical design is somewhat feasible. I like the Protectobots-- when considered individually-- but don't like them together in a group or combined as Defensor, simply because I hate mass-shifting and scale conflicts. I'd like Groove considerably more as a character if he were about 9 feet tall in robot mode.

Last edited: May 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  20. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

Power Core Combiners was a lot of fun, providing the most complex Scout class toys ever made, with a very high parts count and many original alt modes.
    While the PCC line had its stinkers - Double Clutch - it shines as a great example of creativity from Hasbro.
    Moreover, PCC delivered the original concept of minicons - small TFs which provide powerups for larger bots. By discarding alt modes, PCC minicons could focus on their powerup nature, exchanging tiny cars and planes with axes and guns.

And United EX is even better, with premium recolors.

• Like Like x 4