Unpopular transformers opinions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Smokeyoreo18, Dec 30, 2019.

1. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

But what about for Delta Magnus?

2. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would still include an aspect of ideology, so it wouldn't just seem like mindless fighting. The programming aspect would be less akin to real-world computer programing that they have to follow, and more like an animal's instinct or an extreme force of habit. Almost like it started off as pure programming, but evolved into a choice as the Cybertronians gained sentience. They just wouldn't entirely realize there are other options until they experience Earth's culture and see another way of living.

A good comparison might be the robots from Wall-E. On the Axiom all the robots follow those pre-determined lines around the ship. With enough willpower, they can break free of them and go wherever they want. They presumably could have done this before the events of the movie, but they never really had a reason to. Mo's desire to clean Wall-E finally made him realize he has that option.

tumblr_pclz26qKNh1qk6qs7o5_500.gif

• Like Like x 5
  3. Furnace

Furnace Ant-droid at a picnic

I just want to say, that is one of the most interesting and cohesive explanations for TF civilization I have heard in a long time.
    Perhaps the hyper-focus on expansion would cultivate a primarily work-based culture, with almost all aspects of Cybertronian life revolving around utility, and where little time and attention is given to activities of leisure. This could serve to explain why Cybertronians don't seem to have all that much going on in the way of fine arts, and why human culture is such a marvel to them.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Shady boi

Shady boi Insane Bangarang

Ebay:

UM with Red eyes> Others

5. Rojixus

Rojixus I AM NOT YOUR ENEMY!

It probably doesn't, and probably not even when Energon was a thing.

6. Suboptimal Optimus

Suboptimal Optimus There Is Such A Thing As Truth

Fun fact: its one of the few remaining Generation 1-era (if you count G2 as part of it) original Optimus designs to have never been remade or directly homaged. G2 Laser Rod got redone. Powermaster too. Star Convoy. Arguably actionmaster with Titans Return's Octane retool (with a dash of more G2!) and now with the RED Optimus Prime. Combat Hero is the only weirdo without a modern remake.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 Has to wait 332 days till he can watch RoTB

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    I’ll like to see megatron be portrayed as a cult leader. Since we’ve (and going to have) seen the oppressed miner/gladiator origin done a lot.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Suboptimal Optimus

Drink the Toxic Energon!

• Like Like x 2
  9. CaioSilvatheScreamerFan

CaioSilvatheScreamerFan Destron New Leader

Facebook:
    Is it an unpopular opinion wishing for the Seekers to have more different designs that aren't just repaints ?o_O 

• Like Like x 7
  10. Rojixus

Rojixus I AM NOT YOUR ENEMY!

As far as I'm concerned, if the Seekers aren't meant to be clones in-universe, then they absolutely should have different character designs.

• Like Like x 2
  11. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    I'd like to see a version of the Seekers that still look similar at a glance but actually have their own, unique designs.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Suboptimal Optimus

Just engineer the toys to have the same robot mode but different characters have either different wings (like the coneheads) or the wing kibble is depicted in a different position. So one has it still folded down like the jet mode while Starscream's wings are rotated to have that infamous upside down Decepticon logo.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Shady boi

Ebay:
    RID01 was peak design

14. Suboptimal Optimus

Does that mean late Beast Wars was peak design? Because RiD2001 takes a lot of cues from late/Japanese Beast Wars but applies some of it back to cars and trucks in some cases.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Shady boi

Ebay:
    Yes to an extent.

16. CaioSilvatheScreamerFan

CaioSilvatheScreamerFan Destron New Leader

Facebook:
    What you think of different headsculpts ?
    Armada tried it a bit with Skywarp
    ARSS.jpg ARSK.jpg
    Wings facing downwards like a cape is pretty cool
    RiD15SS.jpg
    Shellformers!
    Less than meets the eye!

• Like Like x 4
  17. Galvatron1998

Galvatron1998 Maximal

News Credits:
    This is going to be a weird one but hear me out. I feel that we should start off the Autobot/Decepticon war somewhere other than Cybertron. I think a nice change to the standard conflict could be as follows: rather than a million-year long war on Cybertron start out with a team of Transformers exploring the galaxy (possibly under Megatron's command). Once they arrive on the planet Earth, Megatron sees great potential in the planet's resources and sets out to conquer the planet. Some of the crew members disagree and turn on Megatron and his followers, thus giving way to the Autobot/Decepticon conflict. Obviously it'd have to be more fleshed out than that but you get the gist of it.

• Like Like x 9
  18. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

Could work for an Animated type story, pretty interesting and different :thumb 

• Like Like x 2
  19. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it would be interesting to see a story where Megatron himself isn't completely xenophobic, not loving aliens or thinking they are of the same standard as Cybertronians, but more the mindset of "hey, if they can serve they can serve". Like the Decepticons would come up to a world and be like "By order of Supreme Commander Megatron the government will be given X amount of "units of time" to swear loyalty, their planet and resources to the Decepticon cause or be completely eradicated".

You could even have stories on some of these races would have to supply manpower as a way for the Decepticons to get the equivalent to them as a tiny bit more to the troop poll, have have different generals treat them differently from one another, although probably never as true equals to Cybertronians in general since unless you want a defection story since, you know, bad guys.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Shady boi

Ebay:
    Megatron should have never been Xenophobic. He should have treated everything as fodder equally .

• Like Like x 1