Unpopular transformers opinions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Smokeyoreo18, Dec 30, 2019.

1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Not sure if this counts as an unpopular opinion but this is something I've been meaning to express for a while now.

I don't like how both Beast Wars and Animated are placed so high on the pedestal by the fandom to the point of trying to make any other TF series look automatically worst by comparison along with any criticisms aimed towards them gets chastised regardless if they're valid critiques or not. It's basically the Avatar the Last Airbender syndrome where they're made to be the gold standard of how a TF show should be like. Yes both shows are rightfully praised for many reasons but they're also not perfect and it's both stupid and unfair to use them as a way to rip any other TF series a new one. It's especially bad when it's used against shows like Prime, RID15 and Cyberverse that are constantly chastised here regardless of any strong points they have. Not to mention that it ignores the fact that other TF shows have characters and stuff in them that are just as good if not better then both BW and TFA.

It also makes both fanbases look bad and no better then the G1 purists. I'm sorry if this angered anyone and it wasn't my intent but I wanted to express it sooner or later.

• Like Like x 12
  2. Rojixus

Rojixus I AM NOT YOUR ENEMY!

Which shows would that be?

3. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Basically shows like RID01, the Unicron Trilogy, Prime, RID15, and Cyberverse mostly. Shows like G1 and Rescue Bots don't get compared that much if at all.

• Like Like x 5
  4. GeoSociety

GeoSociety Lowering the Bar

Subjectively, I've actually felt the same but instead with TFP. Beast Wars and Animated are well written shows, but I've seen alot more of hate towards more recent stuff like RID15 and Cyberverse for not having Prime's animation which seems to be a pedestal fandom golden standard these days.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TheUltimateBum

TheUltimateBum Nautica Lover

Yeah, I also feel TFP is extremely overrated, and I feel that same way about TFA (again, I felt it was too fanservicey and a lot of the characters were either bland or irritating IMO). BW had some stuff that bothered me, but it was still well done overall, so I do feel like the hype is warranted in this case.

6. RevengeOfTheFallenIsGood

RevengeOfTheFallenIsGood Ironman? Sounds like a domestic product to me.

I liked The Last Knight fairly well. It was too muddled though.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Arrogant Arachnid

Arrogant Arachnid Banned

the movies have the best transformation sounds

• Like Like x 9
  8. HotRodDidNothingWrong

HotRodDidNothingWrong Still salty about TLK Hot Rod

One of the few good things the bay films had was excellent sound design.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Arrogant Arachnid

Arrogant Arachnid Banned

i just like how every bot has their own transformation noise, like starscream has a whistle and megs has three hard clanks etc

• Like Like x 10
  10. bufferunderrun

bufferunderrun Well-Known Member

honestly speaking transformers encompasses 35 years and 3 generation if not 4 it’s normal we have all different tastes; for example I enjoy only the Japanese anime series even if the story isn’t that great, cannot bring myself to watch those animated one like beast wars and the last series like prime or cyberverse are American cartoon being basically bayverse they are aimed to small kids so don’t enjoy them.
    So when it comes to toys i enjoy the one that come from the series i like do i get infuriated if they make half the line bw toys? Nope but i get infuriated when hasbro make half the cast an exclusive i have almost no hope to get or they make small volumes you had to be in front of a clock to place a preorder.

11. Hail Galvatron

Hail Galvatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay, here it is... I think Marvel Comics Galvatron is a great take on the character. I like UK Galvatron, I like US Galvatron II (Japanese Galvatron II continuity is weird)... the Galvatron of my headcanon is a combo of all three major takes. Marvel, the US, and Sunbow season three....

... but I just don't like the original toy/Marvel colors. They were taken from an unfinished design and it shows. From a color theory/design aesthetic, I just don't find that it works... especially since most of the time he ends up looking 'baby blue'.

I know a lot of people like that color scheme because of the Marvel version... but, I just don't find it visually appealing.

• Like Like x 3
  12. CaioSilvatheScreamerFan

CaioSilvatheScreamerFan Destron New Leader

Facebook:
    Just like the appeal of yellow optics Optimus or black helmet Megatron

• Like Like x 1
  13. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd add Prime to that list too.

But I'm not really mad about it over time new members join who for them this is the show they grew up with so naturally it holds a special place in their hearts and they see criticism of it (valid or not) as a personal attack. In due time people grow out of it and move on.

• Like Like x 1
  14. CaioSilvatheScreamerFan

Facebook:
    They do ?
    I mean, some of them do, i used to think Animated was the best thing ever as a kid but nowadays i have more than a few issues with it though i still like some stuff

15. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    Starscream's whistle might be the coolest transformation sound ever.

It was especially cool in the Transformers ride at Universal Studios.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ultimaster09

Ultimaster09 waging a constant war against all hot rods

Literally every other version of the g1 season 1 intro is better than the American one

17. CaioSilvatheScreamerFan

Facebook:
    YOU CAN FIGHT TRANSFORMER!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ultimaster09

Ultimaster09 waging a constant war against all hot rods

I was thinking the uk or French versions but this is equally awesome as those two in its own way making the us version look like it sucks ass

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  19. Shady boi

Shady boi Banned

Ebay:

MYSTERIOUS MIND

• Like Like x 1
  20. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I think this is unpopular, but I'm in the camp of believing Starscream wasn't killed at the end of "Ghost in the Machine". I think the Decepticons claimed they were weak at the time they fired on him, so it wasn't enough to kill his new body, and he probably got lost somewhere, repairing and scheming for a return that never happened. I like to think if there was a full 4th season, Starscream might have had some sort of legitimate third fraction, similar to Destro and his Iron Grenadiers, learning his lessons from creating the Combaticons.

• Like Like x 6