Unpopular transformers opinions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by mn_128875, Dec 30, 2019.

1. AStreetcarNamedWheeljack

AStreetcarNamedWheeljack Well-Known Member

I don't like the character names from Beast Wars

• Like Like x 3
  2. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed, the only names that work in my opinion are Optimus primal, megatron, depth charge, and rampage

• Like Like x 1
  3. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits:
    I like the rivalry arc between Hot Rod and Rampage in Micron Legend more than the one between Wasp/Waspinator and Bumblebee from TF: Animated.

The main reason for that comes from how phoned-in Animated Bumblebee’s character development was compared to Micron Legend Hot Rod's. When Bumblebee found out Wasp was innocent, he seemed regretful, but being Bumblebee stubbornly refused to apologize even after Wasp emerged on Earth and swapped places with him in an effort to make him suffer the same punishment. That was good, but in the episode of Predacons Rising Bumblebee finally gets the opportunity to apologize and it comes across as reluctant and still laced with ego. Bumblebee apologizing to Wasp (who by that point had been mutated) should’ve been an “Oh God what have I done” moment for Bumblebee. He unwittingly framed a ‘bot, got him locked up and driven to insanity, and indirectly caused him to be horribly disfigured and this best he can muster is a half-hearted “by the way, sorry I unwittingly ruined your life.” Even if Bumblebee wasn’t actually guilty, it was the ideal time to have Bumblebee show some humility given the circumstances.

In Micron Legend, a similar thing also occurs between Hot Rod (Hot Shot in Armada) and Rampage (Wheeljack in Armada) where unlike in Armada, Hot Rod did actually abandon Rampage/Wheeljack to die when a massive fire broke out when Rampage was under Hot Rod's mentoring, out of cowardice and fear for his own life and telling him he was going to get help was just an excuse; He doesn't actually try to help him until his superiors tell him they're not sending any rescue that Hot Rod regrets that immediately (Which sets up Rampage's grudge against Hot Rod when it's revealed that he has been saved by Megatron, and swore loyalty towards the Decepticons as a gift to Megatron for saving his life)

Unlike with Animated Bumblebee, however, Hot Rod did actually gets to grow from this experience in a way that sticks; Upon learning and realizing about the consequences of his past cowardice with Rampage's defection to the Decepticons, Hot Rod gets humbled by it, learns from his mistakes, and swore to never repeat it again when his current trainee, Stepper was put in a similar situation due to their rivalry; Rather than running away again, Hot Rod actually stays and willing to save Stepper even if it means putting his own safety at risk; Refusing to let his current trainee, Stepper down, in the same way he failed his former trainee, Rampage.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  4. SpiderMunky

SpiderMunky Half-spider, half-munky

No love for Inferno, Airazor, Quickstrike, and Silverbolt?

Basically, anyone who's not named after their specific animal LOL. Rattrap is also pretty good even if it does refer to his specific alt mode. But then there's poor Dinobot. One of the best characters in Transformers and he's named freaking Dinobot.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Cardion

Cardion Courage and Good Cheer!

News Credits:
    Other than the explanation of "sounds cool, sells more toys", what in universe story could be used to explain why Cybertronians that never heard of Earth millions of years ago had names like Waspinator or Cheetor? For that matter, Bumblebee in G1?

For me, at some point... It all comes down to MST3K. If you're wondering how he eats and breathes and other science facts; then repeat to yourself it's just a show, I should really just relax.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus @DiddlyDipstick on Twitter

I believe I've said it before, and I'll say it again: modulators that transform into a natural environment (like jungle cliffside or a volcano) would be a great fit for a BW line

• Like Like x 8
  7. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    For whatever reason these days I find myself more interested and excited for non-traditional Transformers figures, if that makes sense.

Like I find myself get really excited when we see / learn more about anything Flame Toys, Super 7, stuff like that. Don't get me wrong I'm always interested in seeing more MP and mainline stuff but I really have a love for the non-traditional TF collectibles and various other merchandise.

Stuff like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love this kind of stuff, types of merch that is easy to forget about.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  8. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Well-Known Member

That was what I used to think too as a kid when Beast Wars was all the rage: what are they gonna transform to next, plants? Landscape? Micro-animals? Oh, we're just gonna go back to vehicles.

Speaking of Micro-animals, a tardigrade or lorryia formosa transformer would be neat.

• Like Like x 2
  9. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For a new line, they could consider going to the steam age, maybe cowboy themed.

Locomotives/trains, hand carts, wagons, carriages, horses, antique cars, phone booths, wells, basic aeroplanes and such. Modulators to create an old western town, Saloons, Sheriff/jail, and such.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Cyberbot8460

Cyberbot8460 Who The Hell Do You Think I Am?

YouTube (Legacy):
    I'll have to agree on the Flame Toys part. Everything they make is beautiful. I'd love to see a TF 2D animated series with the manga-esque design philosophy of Flame Toys or Studio OX.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cardion

Cardion Courage and Good Cheer!

News Credits:
    OMG... I just got the crossover vibe of a transforming Snake Mountain or Boulder Hill.
    s-l400.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

Only if we can somehow get an old style western revolver alt mode Megatron. Also modular train tracks to put Optimus and other trainformers on. And Railcar Roller/Apex Bomber for super modes. Cactus transformer.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    In addition to that, I wanna see a fantasy medieval line.

• Like Like x 2
  14. imfallenangel

News Credits:
    Nah.. the mass shifting thing is something that I'm not a fan of and the gun thing never worked for me.

But an old school type railroad cannon would work, also to add to the list: sail ships, old steamboat, windmills, cows (would be a great army builder for Decepticons), farms... cactus would be good!

It would be a mix of vehicles and beasts types...

Rise Mustangimus Prime!

We kinda got that in part with "The last knight".... dragon and sword wielding robots.

Dragon-wise, we've actually have a boat-load of them when you think about it.

Could do a series that you have a bunch of very slim and small TFs that turn into swords and other weapons for humans, each with a special ability, but that's a pretty "pokemon" type scenario. :p 

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    Eh, I guess so, but none of those were very good.

True, but we haven't ever gotten a realistic flesh dragon to my knowledge.
    I was more thinking catapults, ballistas, wagons, horses, and other fantasy monsters.

• Like Like x 2
  16. SecretWyvern

I'm not a fan of mass shifting either, but if we're going for something more out there and silly I feel like Revolver Megatron would fit right in. And cannons never work well as an alternate mode imo, see my post about Galvatron and his cannon alt mode. Also feel like cows would be more suited for autobots, decepticons should be wild buffalos if we're having beastformers.

• Like Like x 2
  17. imfallenangel

News Credits:
    hmm.. that works but it's hard to find what would work, but all great suggestions... and that gave me another idea (or two).

Buffalos! yes!

Megatron as a "Sasquatch" (Bigfoot) ?

that said....

------------------------

Ancient mythologies!
    Greece / Egypt / Roman / Norse

The "gods" being all transformers that would turn into the "armoured animal representation or deity form" of the mythologies.

They'd become the "origins" of all of these...

if any of these happen, Hasbro is going to owe me some dividends! :p 

• Like Like x 2
  18. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Bluestreak 's #2 Fan

Not quite the same as what you're saying, but if you haven't heard about it before, you should look up Myth Wars some time here. It's Beast Wars if they landed in antiquity and took forms of mythological monsters.

• Like Like x 1
  19. agent j 15

agent j 15 Banned

I've long since been okay with Transformers doing more 'organic' things like crying, eating, bleeding, etc. because to me that makes them more human, and I've always felt saying that the Transformers are "just robots" is a bit disingenuous, and I'd like to see more effort and attention given to making the Transformers truly feel like a biomechanical race of aliens as opposed to just robots with personality.

• Like Like x 7
  20. SecretWyvern

I don't think a sasquatch would be a particularly good alt mode, don't think you could do much with it beyond what's been done with Optimus Primal and his gorilla alt. If we're gonna make a G1/G1 adjacent Megatron a legendary animal, why not a Megalodon? Though it wouldn't exactly fit a wild west theming. Maybe a massive battleship?

Also Magnaboss. He's practically a totem pole already, he'd fit right in a wild west themed series/toyline.
    Also if we allow mass shifting, piano or gramophone Soundwave with record/stool minons.

• Like Like x 4