Unpopular transformers opinions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Smokeyoreo18, Dec 30, 2019.

1. AStreetcarNamedWheeljack

AStreetcarNamedWheeljack Well-Known Member

"Rodimus" sounds kind of stupid too

• Like Like x 6
  2. Shady boi

Shady boi Banned

Ebay:
    tf nexus?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 Has to wait 246 days till he can watch RotB

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Yes that series was my childhood

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bee427

Bee427 Still here and queer

image0.gif

5. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus Wishing for a reboot

• Like Like x 2
  6. The Roman Empire1977

The Roman Empire1977 I succeeded where Megatron failed

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    A normie friend once commented " maybe the males have a cable head, and the females have an outlet." I've been scarred since.

• Like Like x 4
  7. volatus

volatus Aristocratic Airborne Decepticon

The answer to this question is always "because we're all shitty humans each doing our best in our own ways, and forgiving feels good and is better for everyone in the long-run"

I can't disagree. I really want to like it enough to watch it for the sake of "catching up", but if I'm being truthful, Beast Wars is unwatchable and the G1 cartoon has its fair share of problems, too.

But man, these toys are great!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Shady boi

Shady boi Banned

Ebay:
    with the exception of Lioconvoy,Scuba,The Jointrons, and The Seacons, BWII is ass

• Like Like x 3
  9. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

I wouldn’t even waste a thought on Beast Wars except for the fact that it had so much potential. I tried to watch it. I really tried to like it. If it were only the bad animation, I might give it a pass. Well, maybe. It just seems that half-assed computer animation would have been more successful rendering mechanical alts than organic ones. It’s hard to view that as anything but a bad decision from the start.
    Regardless, the series’ list of cons is a tsunami compare to the teaspoon of pros. I know people like it and I’m glad for them, but I don’t even think of it as part of the brand.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Well-Known Member

The 3d models might be pretty dated, but the animation itself, i.e. the fluidity and expressiveness of their movement, was pretty damn good. Season one had some awkward battle choreography here and there, but it got really good as time went on. I mean, look at this scene:

Now that's some impressive character acting, not even some of the 2d TF shows have animation this emotive (and this is coming form somone who vastly prefers hand drawn animation over computer generated). I've seen CGI animated shows from 5-10 years ago where the movement is a lot more stiff and awkward, like that Garfield show from a while ago. Hell, I'd say both BW still looks a lot better overall than Energon or Cybertron. The models in the latter two might have a higher polygon count or higher definition textures, but they also act so lifeless and unexpressive you forget they're supposed to be super robot lifeforms.

I mean, your friend wasn't THAT far off:

[​IMG]

As for my probably unpopular opinions:

I'm pretty fine with whatever TF show's characters we get next in Generations as long as they result in cool toys (and manage to at least maintain the quality of WfC), but while lots of people like to rag on how overly simplistic and hokey G1 designs are, many of the UT guys look pretty goofy too, and could definitely use some improvement. I'm not saying they need a complete, radical makeover, especially most of them haven't received a new figure in ages, but something like how much cooler some of the Siege figures looked compared to their Sunbow counterparts while still being very show accurate could do a lot of them wonders. For instance, I'd love to see Armada Hotshot be given the Siege Springer treatment and make him be less bulbous compared to his TV appearance, and many of the Energon guys like Ironhide or Rodimus could use some better proportions.

Also, IMO much of the WfC guys aren't too G1 accurate, I'd say most of them look better than the chaaracters ever did. I get it, some like ER Grapple and Kingdom Warpath come real close, but to me most of Siege, a good chuck of ER and even some Kingdom guys like Cyclonus or Huffer hit that "G1 but cooler" vibe. I'd be singing a different tune if they looked like those RED figures, but to me saying someone like ER Prime is accurate to Floro Derry's design to a fault is like saying they can't see the difference between a drawing of Spider-Man by Ross Andru and one drawn by Todd McFarlane.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
  11. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

That's a fair point. I admittedly only watched Season 1, so I'd never seen that clip, and the frame rate and motion paths are definitely improved. Unfortunately it has Waspinator in it, though. Any scene with Waspinator or Rattrap was unbearable for me-- I usually fast-forwarded until they were gone.

The scene also has that typical "campiness" that I disliked about the series in general. It's not Barney-the-Dinosaur bad, but it's difficult for me to suffer through. It was moments like when Megatron was brushing his dino teeth or sitting in a hot tub (am I remembering that correctly-- did those things actually happen?) that made me want to close the video and be done with it altogether, but I had made a mental commitment to give it a chance.

Honestly, I really don't like to bash on Beast Wars because I know it has a strong following. It's just really not for me.

• Like Like x 4
  12. DerVernichter

I can respect that. Don't sweat it, I also couldn't get into Till All Are One, and many regard that as the best series in IDW after MTMTE and the Wreckers trilogy. I mostly enjoy the campiness in G1 and BW, it has a sort of charm to it you don't really find in the attempts at humor in many later Japanese TF shows. To me the lowest point of BW I can think of right now was the one where Rhinox farts the Predacons into oblivion, which is weird since usually I don't mind me some grossout humor.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Bee427

Very well put, imo. Beast Wars is admittedly pretty dated, but I'd say it still holds up very well, especially the second and third seasons.
    Listen, I could go on for hours about the hypothetical logistics of Transformer sexytimes, but... not on this website.
    ...Is it bad that I thought that episode was hilarious?

• Like Like x 4
  14. DerVernichter

Not at all, humor can be so incredibly subjective, sometimes I even can't explain why I find something funny, while something seemingly similar leaves my funny bone buried underground, abandoned and forgotten. I really don't have a place criticizing the lubrication scene from the 2007 movie when my juvenile ass enters a laughing fit just from Optimus saying "boobies".

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Cardion

Cardion A Knock Off The Old Block

News Credits:
    Cyberverse is better than Animated.

• Like Like x 5
  16. scuffed up rts bumblebee

scuffed up rts bumblebee dont reach for the stars youll burn up and die

TIL optimus said that

• Like Like x 2
  17. Bee427

582E4292-6F72-4B66-A522-4217DB941270.jpeg
    I have got to find the remix of that line...
    EDIT: FOUND IT!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Shady boi

Shady boi Banned

Ebay:
    part of me agrees

19. TheUltimateBum

TheUltimateBum Nautica Lover

MA BOI!!!

• Like Like x 4
  20. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

I'm scared yet oddly curious. Not on the logistics of cybertronian reproduction, but on how the fuck you can go on about it for hours? What dark secrets hides in your mind strange internet person?

• Like Like x 2