Unpopular transformers opinions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Smokeyoreo18, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    these are just facts.

• Like Like x 2
  2. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

News Credits:

I think G1 is remembered fondly more for the characters than the story.

That's the problem with society today, people can't discern the difference between opinion and fact.

I welcome any additions to the Head/Titan Master squad. Having a driver/pilot for a vehicle increases playability by at least 50%.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Cyberbot8460

Cyberbot8460 ACCESS FLASH

10 miles away from you and rapidly approaching
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    These aren't really unpopular, nor are they opinions.

4. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We LiVe In A sOciEtY!!1!

It's a clearly a light hearted joke.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Hail Galvatron

Hail Galvatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Season three is the best season of G1.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Cyberbot8460

Google+:
    YouTube:
    I hate lips on any Transformers character, really, including fembots, which is why I tend to lean towards more anime-esque artstyles for faces. See for example:
    upload_2021-2-24_9-52-38.png
    (This comes from Arcee fanart by @kamizono144 on Twitter. Check out the artist.)
    See, I tend to prefer faces like this. Thinner lips, and yes, even bigger eyes depending on the character.

7. Shady boi

Shady boi Banned

Ebay:
    Dinobot combiners should stay.

Long nose truck> Cabover.

Cyberverse was the best thing since animated.

• Like Like x 10
  8. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

Agreed on both
    In theory yes, problem is that’s toys for children the pilot/drivers have a tendency to get lost.And since they also serve as the robot head Playiability is almost nothing if a driver gets lost

9. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

Not trying to target you for targeting, but the juxtaposition of your posts was just too much to ignore:

You criticized someone's "I hate..." comments for not being opinions, then followed up 13 minutes later with your own "I hate..." comment. From my perspective, all of the statements were subjective and not fact, and were therefore opinion.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 You clearly don’t own a construct bot

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    D25B059A-8223-4187-9656-30777D9FE6F6.jpeg

anyways I would like to see a show where grimlock is the leader of the autobots

and I want to see more anti hero or Jason Todd type autobots because having squeaky clean heroes is just getting boring.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Rojixus

Rojixus I AM NOT YOUR ENEMY!

Animated Blackarachnia is a terrible version of the character and just a bad character in general. All her episodes had the same exact plot: Blackarachnia will pop up and try something dangerous to get her old body back. Optimus will warn her she's getting in over her head, Blackarachnia won't listen and then will proceed to get in over her head. She will then become a damsel in distress for Optimus to save, lash out at him, and then slinks into the shadows to begin the same sequence of events anew. It's as if the writers didn't really know what to do with her and just tried to make lightning strike twice.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  12. Honorbound

Honorbound Bayverse Optimus was in the right.

Ebay:
    You raise a very good point here - in the end, she didn't live up to her potential as a character. Of course, I'm still salty that she crossed the line into irredeemable given what she did to Wasp. I wanted by Blackarachnia redemption arc, dammit.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Cyberbot8460

Google+:
    YouTube:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Honorbound

Ebay:
    I don't know about that last one, but I agree with the others. Dinobot combiners aren't inherently a bad idea, even if the Dinobots themselves are boring - Volcanicus was pretty cool. And long nose trucks are always going to be better than the rolling cube that is the cabover - there's more to work with in terms of vehicle mass, and it's not the same G1 Optimus conversion that we've seen five million times and counting. That and there's the fact that you don't really see cabovers on the road in the States anymore, not since certain regulations got lifted.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hail Galvatron

News Credits:
    Redemption arcs are overrated... and there's another of my unpopular opinions. ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  16. GeoSociety

GeoSociety Lowering the Bar

Wildwheel is my least favorite character in Cyberverse. To me it seemed like they tried to copy the exact concept of Wheeljack from Armada and botched it. I kinda get that he was a bit of a late character for Cyberverse but his motivations don't make much sense to me. Whereas Armada Wheeljack was abandoned by Hot Shot and directly saved by Megatron. Reason this came to me was because they're apparently inserting Wildwheel into newer continuities like the comics.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Honorbound

Ebay:
    For the most part, you're right. That's because redemption plots are like walking a tightrope - you make the villain too monstrous and you run the risk of making them irredeemable in the audience's eyes, but if you don't make them threatening and actually villainous, the redemption arc falls flat. It's really easy to mess it up, like what TfP and IDW did with Megatron - they made his "redemption" hilariously implausible. A good example of a solid redemption arc is Zuko in Avatar the Last Airbender. If I recall correctly, not having watched the series all the way through, Zuko's arc was planned from the beginning, instead of tacked onto him at the end.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Hail Galvatron

News Credits:
    Agreed.

I thought IDW handled Megatron as well as anyone could for such a thing... I am relieved he never actually achieved it and was never forgiven. Nor should he have been. That said, Hasbro and the other powers that be, please don't do that again.

But, well, I am one of those people who thinks Darth Vader's redemption falls flat.

• Like Like x 9
  19. BattleGurijiba

BattleGurijiba One Radical Dudicus

Unpopular Opinions: IDW1 Edition

IDW1 Megatron is the worst Transformers character out of all of the Transformers characters.

Rung is annoying.

Hot Rod’s space arc (starting with defecting and taking the matrix, and ending with returning it) is the last time that the majority of characters in an IDW1 story felt realistic.

IDW1 Optimus Prime is lame.

Bumblebee should have stayed dead instead of living in Starscream’s conscience.

Galvatron was alright.

Cyclonus was extremely unlikable and edgy for the sake of being edgy. Star Saber should have beat him, in my opinion. I don’t like IDW1 Star Saber at all, aside from the design, but I don’t see how he could have lost to Cyclonus in the end.

• Like Like x 1
  20. JustAnotherCassette

JustAnotherCassette Lurker no more

Agree about Vader, he did less than Megatron to earn redemption. megatron at least spent time in an alternate universe saving countless lives. Vader saved the life of his own son, his flesh and blood, in other words the easiest person in the universe for a parent to decide to save. I get that the point was that it was his love for his son that enabled him to break free from the Dark Side, and that would have been fine as the start of a redemption arc, but he never got to see it through in my opinion.

• Like Like x 3