Unpopular transformers opinions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by mn_128875, Dec 30, 2019.

1. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    there's probably a thread about this but I wanted to do my own. Feel free to disagree I’ll edit more once I think of more

But anyways here’s mine

Prime is the most definitive version of the transformers series so far

Prime starscream is the best version of starscream

Prime is a bit better than animated( don’t @ me)

Cyberverse is a good transformers show

Billy and Fred from armada are as annoying as kicker

The bay movies aren’t that bad but there weren’t really good either

The djd are the best new characters of the franchise

Bumblebee is a bit better than the 1986 movie ( don’t @ me)

Beast machines is really good

Predacons rising is the perfect ending to prime

I don’t like animated’s version of soundwave

Wreckers are the best autobot team

Prime megatron is on par with animated megatron

Prime shockwave is the best shockwave

Prime has the best versions of smokescreen, ratchet, arcee, wheeljack, and ultra magnus

David Kaye would be a really good voice for tarn

Rid 2001 is pretty good

G1 megatron is the worst megatron

Animated has the best blitzwing

The decepticons in prime were one of the best parts of the show

The djd would be the perfect villains for an Optimus prime movie

Beast wars megatron is amazing

Optimus primal is a good step up to Optimus prime

Depth charge is the best beast wars character

Mech are the best human villains in transformers media

Agent burns from bumblebee was pretty cool

Galvatron is better than megatron

They should be no gay cybertronian characters in transformers

Armada was bad until the unicron battles

Windblade is overrated

G.i joe and transformers should not be connected

Transformers and DC should do a crossover

Armada was the best part of the unicron trilogy

Power of the primes was decent

agent Fowler ,jack,,raf , Charlie watson, and agent burns were the best human characters

Prime and bumblebee did bumblebee losing his voice properly

The human villains in animated were terrible

Siege is the best toyline ever

I hate rescue bots

The dinobots from FoC are the best versions of the characters so far

I live cyberverse grimlock

I like star saber as a villain

The g1 cartoon is overrated

Rid 2015 is trash

I like idw prowl

Idw megatron is the best fictional character in existence

So is prime soundwave and starscream

I like wheeljack as a wrecker more than a scientist

Jeremy levy is the best bumblebee voice actor

Hugo weaving did great job as megatron

Dotm and 2007 are good

Tlk is the worst TF movie

FoC is the best transformers game

I don’t like armada starscream

I don’t like it when transformers doesn’t focus on the Great War with the exceptions of mmte ,beast wars/machines and animated

I like the idea of bumblebee losing his voice

The idw origin of Optimus prime is the best origin for Optimus

The g1 origin for Optimus is horrible

I love the primus/unicron story

Starscream should always be treacherous cowardly and evil and never be good

The 13 primes should have their own spin off

Megatron should also have his own spin off

Rotf is not that bad

I don’t like megatron and galvatron being separate characters

Garry chalk would make a great star saber

Corey burton would make a great kup

Liam neeson would make a great dai atlas

Bw megatron is the closest thing to tarn on tv ( nevermind)

John cena would make a good ultra magnus (don’t @ me)

I prefer Optimus prime to be more stoic

And I prefer megatron to be sympathetic

I hate bw megatron’s first design

I hate Optimus primal’s transmetal form

FoC had the best designs for the transformers

I like transformers when it’s dark and gritty

Siege is going to be amazing

Steve Blum is the best voice actor for starscream

But mark hamill would make a great starscream

Cyberverse s3 is one of the best things to come out of transformers in recent years

Ben affleck would make a good idw impactor

Clancy brown would make a great overlord

James Roberts should write the new transformers movies

I hate the pretenders concept

As well as the headmasters

I like the siege designs

I don’t mind the siege battle paint

Prime wars megatron is the 3rd best megatron

Jason marnocha is the second best voice for megatron

Jake foushee was great as Optimus

Transformers shouldn’t have political statements stuffed down in your throat

The new movies should be more darker but not edgier

Sari was a bit annoying

Ik I might be alone in thinking this but I feel satisfied every time cliffjumper dies

I hate Chris latta’s voice for starscream

I like megatron’s gun mode

Beast wars s1 is overrated

Animated s1 is overrated

I liked mark hamill’s and Ron pearlman’s performances in potp

Rattrap is so annoying

BW silverbolt sucks

I liked Sam witwicky in the first movie

I liked starscream’s bayverse design

The ww2 scene in TLK is the only good scene in the movie

I love cheetor’s and Optimus primal’s design from beast machines

prime starscream’s design is one of the best starscream design

I love megatron’s first movie design

prime arcee is my favorite arcee

siege megatron is the best megatron

siege optimus reminds me of earth 1 batman

the voice acting in siege is decent

siege optimus is alright

siege jetfire is the best version of jetfire

siege impactor is a bit better than idw impactor

siege elita 1 is the best elita 1

siege is a good TF show

Tankor is freaking amazing

Armada has the design for Optimus and the worst design for megatron

David Kaye’s voice for megatron ( the leader of the decepticons) doesn’t work imo his voice would work better for shockwave or tarn

I want to see a morally gray grimlock again

I want a wreckers show or at least have them appear in another show

I also want to see a marvel style galvatron

I also want to see devastator and bruticus in a show again

I want the DJD to appear in a show or at least have a cameo or something

and I to see a video or fan art of the DJD brutally murdering the bee team, everyone from energon, rattrap, billy and Fred from armada, and all the human villains from animated

I also want to see a black Optimus prime that isn’t nemesis prime

FoC starscream’s design is the best starscream design

Garry chalk would make a great rodimus prime

strongarm from rid15 is really annoying

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 14
  2. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Bumblebee is by far the worst, most bland and boring Transformers movie made thus far, although Charlie on her own was a great character.

• Like Like x 29
  3. mn_128875

News Credits:
    I disagree I thought it was really good but its your opinion and I respect that

• Like Like x 21
  4. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I rewatched the first Bay movie and Bumblebee made me like it more than I used to. There were no stakes in Bumblebee! If the heroes fail in the first Bay movie, the human race will be extinguished. High stakes. If the heroes fail in Bumblebee, what happens? The measly 2 bad guys make a phone call and bring more Transformers to Earth. Those are awful stakes because as a viewer, I want that to happen!

Also, Charlie can kiss the guy on the cheek without asking, but then when he innocently tries to hold her hand later, she shuts him down like he's trying to date rape her. What the fuck kind of bullshit double standard boundaries are that?

And the use of source music was awful. Incessant. OKAY, WE KNOW IT'S THE '80s. PLEASE STOP PLAYING BADLY EDITED CLIPS OF MISMATCHED '80s SONGS EVERY 5 MINUTES. Not to mention, being about the age of the characters during the year the movie was set, I can tell you there was no one who simultaneously was a fan of both the Smiths and Bon Jovi. It was one or the other, and the two groups of fans hated each other. Pick a tone, ffs.

The story was a dumb cliche from beginning to end with zero twists in the story. Five minutes in and you could accurately predict the entire plot beat-by-beat. Not once were my expectations of where the story was going subverted. Not even momentarily. It had all the sophistication and nuance of a creative writing project from a fifth grade girl. The directing was uninspired, and the musical score was AWFUL. Did someone actually compose that, or did the movie producers just download some kind of public domain sample nothing to use as a placeholder score and then forget to replace it?

When the high point of the entire movie for me was seeing Hot Dog On A Stick again, you know you are in trouble. There's no wonder this made even less money than Last Knight. They tried to make something to appease the critics, but produced a 2-hour yawn for viewers. I salute them for trying to address the MANY problems of the Bay movies, but they overcorrected to an outlandish degree, and created something that is offensive to no one but comes off as cinematic dishwater. I'm in no rush to ever watch Last Knight again, but I'd choose it over Bumblebee in a heartbeat. A heartbeat.

1/10

• Like Like x 15
  5. RKStrikerJK5

RKStrikerJK5 number one Bangles fan on the boards

News Credits:
    1. I dislike the old Marvel comics and find the Sunbow cartoon to be superior.

2. I loathe the Unicron/Primus origin story and vastly prefer the FFOD origin of them being slave labor rebelling against the Quintessons. It's underused and can be quite tragic. I also hate whenever it's tied into Unicron/Primus, either by fanon or officially.

3. I think Armada is overall a good series. It started out shaky but managed to improve and had probably my favorite version of Unicron.

4. I hate the 1986 animated movie and find the 2007 live-action movie to be quite a lot better than it.

• Like Like x 9
  6. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I don't know how unpopular these two opinions are.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mn_128875

News Credits:
    I’ve never read the sunbow comics but from what I’ve read from the marvel comics I actually really liked

I really like the primus and unicron story and If u don’t mind me asking what’s FFOD

I thought armada was was boring till the unicron battles

I loved the 2007 movie but it had a lot of problems

8. WDTProductions

WDTProductions Lost Light Crew Member

Alright, this right here, this is a new hill I'm gonna die on

• Like Like x 19
  9. RKStrikerJK5

News Credits:
    Five faces of Darkness, the season-three premiere for G1 Animated.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dark Starscream

Dark Starscream w/Powermaster Cobra Cmdr.

The 1986 TF:TM was magical. I'm 42. If you grew up with G1, watching the cartoon in an era with no internet or cell phones, waiting for the program to come on in the afternoon, Transformers was awesome. And then when the movie came out, which was extremely radical and mind-blowing and changed everything, it was completely unforgettable. The movie works better if you have the background of Transformers season 1 and season 2. It works if you already care about the characters that are in the movie.

To me, nothing will ever beat the 1986 Transformers: the movie.

That being said, the way Michael Bay and current movie makers have abused Bumblebee, Megatron, and the entire TF Mythos... it shows that they don't understand what made Transformers unforgettable in the first place, and they don't understand the characters at all.

• Like Like x 11
  11. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    I vastly prefer the Quintesson origin story to Primus. I've always found Primus silly. Transformers lore doesn't need equivalents to every aspect of human culture. They don't need a robot god or a mystical creation myth. Their origins don't need to be overblown or epic. They're robots, just let them be built by some alien race.

I don't mind Unicron. In the '86 movie, Unicron was essentially just a (larger than average) villain of the week. A Death Star-type baddie that the heroes had to blow up. Somewhere along the way he became this god-like being who was tied to the Transformers origins. I find that kind of dumb. Unicron is more interesting as a big baddie that the "everyday" heroes have to take down, not someone who needs to be taken down by another god-like being. It would be like if instead of Luke blowing up the Death Star, the Rebels just summoned their own superweapon. It would be so lame and impersonal.

And I somewhat agree about the '86 movie. I don't hate it by any means (I would actually put it in the category of a movie I like), but I do feel like it's overrated within the fanbase. A lot of people treat it like the gold standard for TF media. People constantly demand it be remade and homaged in every medium. At it's core, it's really just a big episode of the cartoon with more death. And a really cool soundtrack, which might account for a large percent of people's enjoyment. I think people mistake Optimus' death (which was done purely for commercial reasons) as some big mature leap in children's entertainment. But the movie doesn't handle the issue of death with Lion King-level maturity and tact. I think it's fine to love the movie, but a lot of people try to twist it into something it's not.

• Like Like x 14
  12. mn_128875

News Credits:
    Ok thanks

13. elburrito

elburrito Well-Known Member

Nah you're all wrong. Lol, just kidding.

G1 Megatron is the best Megatron

Transformers Animated was the best Transformers story (especially with the 60p. comic wrap up that was given away free this Christmas)

The best parts about Transformers Prime were Miko kicking rear end with the armor and the movie

Didn't like beast wars. Thought the animation and the toys were shite

• Like Like x 1
  14. RKStrikerJK5

News Credits:
    You know, I honestly think I'd like the movie more, or at least be able to acknowledge its strengths, if I haven't been told multiple times over many years that I'm not a 'true fan' for not worshiping the ground it walks on.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

While I didn't hate it and thought it was cute at times, I also happen to agree with a lot of this. I have rewatched all of the Bay movies multiple times, but I have yet to rewatch this once.

Bumblebee is not only the most predictable Transformer movie by a long shot; it's one of the most predictable movies I have ever seen, period. It's so safe, so fan-pleasing, that it's like walking across Kansas, a flat plain that just goes on and on. The Bay movies are like hiking through the Himalayas. They have some pretty deep valleys...but they also have some very high peaks, and those peaks are sometimes higher and more numerous than given credit. And unlike Kansas, where you might walk past some wheat and cows and prairie dogs, in the Himalayas you will likely encounter some pretty crazy and exciting stuff. Bumblebee is a film made by a committee half consisting of 80s kids and half made of kids who grew up on the 2007 movie, all who just want to see their favorite things from both regurgitated ad nauseum.

And I'd much rather have a Transformers movie or series of movies that his its peaks its valleys, like the Bay movies, than a flat plateau, like Bumblebee.

I guess my unpopular opinion would be that I actually greatly prefer the first three Bay sequels (RotF-DotM-AoE) over Bumblebee AND the 2007 movie, even though the latter are more liked by fans and critics.

And even though there were plenty of creative decisions in The Last Knight I didn't agree with or care for, I would still much rather have a sequel to The Last Knight that wraps up the Bayverse than a sequel or series of sequels to Bumblebee. At least that would almost certainly be interesting.

Plus, all of those robot cameos on Cybertron may be cool for fans, but what did any of those one or two line roles have to them as characters that makes general audiences have any interest in them? Nothing.

Now a non-live action unpopular opinion (although it includes Bayverse as well). I think Sideswipe is the most boring, generic Autobot in existence in almost every iteration he appears in, and I have no idea how he has such a following. I don't care if he's a 1984 character. So is Reflector, but you don't see nearly as many fans of him (them?). And most of the 1984 cast is overrated anyway.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 10
  16. K2flygurl

K2flygurl Banned

I like the Bumble Bee movie, but you are right. It could’ve been better. It still don’t Michael Transformers expect for the first one.

• Like Like x 2
  17. mn_128875

News Credits:
    Well I got to disagree with megatron in g1 he would just call for a retreat every five minutes he wasn’t threatening or scary until the movie but unlike g1 megatron prime and animated megatron were scary the first time we saw them I remember getting scared every time they were on screen also they were complete badasses well that’s just my opinion

That’s true those geewhiners would attack anyone who says they like anything other than g1

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

Well, the Bay movies also could be better, and I like them a lot, but it's water under the bridge at this point. In the end, you have to like or dislike Transformers media for what it is and not for what it could be.

• Like Like x 7
  19. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    I know hating on Furman is more and more prevalent but I really enjoy his dialogue and characterization. It doesn't always work but I enjoy the often quasi-Shakespearean speeches the characters give and the epic scope of his stories. Sets Transformers apart from other franchises when sci-fi is increasingly becoming overly humorous and quippy. Plus it highlights the fact that these beings have been fighting for millions of years. With that much under your belt you deserve a few long-winded speeches.

• Like Like x 13
  20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Cybertron is genuinely one of the best Transformers series.

I enjoyed AOE and TLK more than ROTF and DOTM.

Cyberverse is one of the most fun Transformers shows to watch.

Garry Chalk >>>> Peter Cullen as Optimus

• Like Like x 16