Unpopular toy opinions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NotRamjet97, Mar 28, 2015.

1. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

*Apexbomber
    though I don't think he ever got a release outside of the boxset with PMOP so still doesn't count but close enough if you ignore the name on the box

• Like Like x 1
  2. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can get on-board with the idea, but I don't know how willing they'd be to sell a Transformers toy that is just a grey box with a little rolling car. Maybe spice it up with a Cog-like robot made from transforming versions of the Combat Drone and Roller? Could have Roller turn into a pair of legs, the Combat drone forms a, uses its little arm & "satellite" as arms, and a head flips up to show in the cockpit? Could also go the other way and model it after the ED-209 from Robocop.

3. WreckAndRoam

WreckAndRoam Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I want Optimus’ entire trailer, not just the drone, to be named “Roller”, and for it to be released separately as a weaponizer that has a full bot mode to himself / an official method to attach to its associated Prime.

I may have already posted that here. It’s not a new viewpoint for me. I like weaponizers.

• Like Like x 4
  4. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would love an approach where they standardized all Optimus figures for the hitch and make it possible to create a line of various trailers...
    Nope and that why I wish that every Optimus would have one so to have it and have the option of setting it aside if you don't use it. Even third parties are very limited in numbers and most are for particular figures, mostly for 3rd parties Optimus anyways.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

Every Seeker repaint is a good thing.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Revan1307

Revan1307 Well-Known Member

Easy money for sure

• Like Like x 1
  7. BethCyra

BethCyra I NEED MP BiG CONVOY (Rumored)

Im that bitch that is over here legit wanting more.

Those Siege, EarthRise, and Armada molds would look sooooo good on a box with the name Slipstream on the front :) 

• Like Like x 7
  8. EvilLobsterKing

EvilLobsterKing Joe Mama

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    It all went wrong when they made ROTF Elita-1 a Chromia repaint and cancelled the combiner

• Like Like x 4
  9. Hunter11937

Hunter11937 Well-Known Member

Every seeker repaint would be a good thing. I don't collect them all, but of the many Earthrise F-15 repaints we have gotten, some of the best candidates & my personal favorites have been skipped. We got uggo Cloudcover, meh Nacel and a clone who looks negligibly different from Thundercracker is due shortly, but where are G2 Starscream, G1 Sunstorm, G1 Acid Storm, G2 Blackout? Heck, even Action Master/Shattered glass Thundercracker would be welcome.

I don't agree with their priorities for that mold, and it isn't getting any fresher.

• Like Like x 1
  10. GitGudGabe

GitGudGabe v e h i c o n

News Credits:
    Man, I miss the early 3p upgrade kits that actually did shit, like give us chug ultra Magnus, Bruticus, and rodimus prime. Hell, I'd argue the last time they weren't complete wastes of space was combiner wars- what with the combiner hands, ankles, and scrapper's elbows. Now they're either stuff missing from the original release, pointless filler product, but most often both. And don't even get me started on the gap fillers and the height booters.
    I'm still salty no 3p fixed tr galvatron, and that DNA did nothing for star saber's shoulders

• Like Like x 3
  11. Revan1307

Revan1307 Well-Known Member

TR powermaster optimus prime>>>>>>>>> Takara legends ginrai

• Like Like x 1
  12. Xmaster99

Xmaster99 Well-Known Member

I miss the gimmicks :( 

• Like Like x 4
  13. RodimusMaximus

RodimusMaximus The Edgecrusher

News Credits:
    Only recently did I realize the big homie here wasn't well received.

Though he's received well here in this household...

IMG_20230817_133742908.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  14. BethCyra

Honestly I haven’t gotten Fort, I keep hoping they would do a Redeco into Brave Maximus because overall I thought they looked good.

Was slightly shocked by some of the negativity about him, but then it seemed like it was really because he was to similar to Metroxplex, so it was more that they just wanted a to have Fort be just Fort and less that he was bad?

I still think he looks awesome, and if I ever get a chance at them in a Brave deco I’m preordering it if I can lol.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  15. RodimusMaximus

RodimusMaximus The Edgecrusher

News Credits:
    Oh I'm all over a Brave Max deco if one comes out, even though I technically don't have much more room.

And yeah, the Metroplex take doesn't bother me in the least bit. I have both and each has its different appeal to me.

• Like Like x 1
  16. heltskelt

heltskelt Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I wasn’t able to get Metroplex, but I did get Fortress Maximus. I like him, but the unused features from the Metroplex mold make it seem unfinished. He also lacks weaponry. Circles on his belly don’t make up for the lack of cannons. The legs are wasted despite retaining their ability to open. Same with swinging shoulder. No ankle articulation. Shoulder ramps are way too short.
    I’ll repeat just in case someone retorts: I like him.

• Like Like x 2
  17. BethCyra

Critiques often come from a place or liking or loving something.

good to know about a bit of why that feeling is there but I don’t mind. Even with all that if they show me Brave I’ll give them my credit card lol.

• Like Like x 3
  18. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The biggest annoyances are the lack of ankle tilt, but mostly by using the Metroplex legs, he ends up with a limited transformation and the loss of the usage of the internal molded details.

The ankle tilt is fixed by the DNA kit that gives him slippers that mimics the articulation.

Another annoyance was the lack of weapons, again fixed with kits and such.

I really like mine and no regret in having it. A new version would have to be crazy amazing to outdo it in this day and age of cut backs.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  19. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

I bought him on sale for I think around $90. Even at a discounted price, I still couldn't bring myself to like him. I still have my childhood G1 Fort Max and didn't think the Titans Return version came anywhere close to the level of sheer awesomeness of the vintage Fort Max. I ended up selling it off. But I'm glad you are happy with yours.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Prime77

Prime77 Until next time…

I’m playing Devil’s advocate for Max. Some old photos of mine, but I think they portray the potential of Max quite well.
    IMG_9018.jpeg IMG_9020.jpeg IMG_9021.jpeg IMG_9023.jpeg IMG_9022.jpeg IMG_9017.jpeg IMG_9016.jpeg IMG_9026.jpeg IMG_9027.jpeg IMG_9024.jpeg IMG_9028.jpeg IMG_9029.jpeg

• Like Like x 7