Unpopular toy opinions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NotRamjet97, Mar 28, 2015.

1. MetalHeroX

MetalHeroX Well-Known Member

agreed. RID is why I’m a fan of TF to this day.

2. loof

loof hungry AND thirsty for plastic

Do you even know what “condescending” means? Because being inconsistent is not the same thing as being condescending.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FYI you're 100% right but you're wasting your breath and time.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Sauerteig

Sauerteig Well-Known Member

I wrote " I will not condescend to." Different than condescending.

5. Cool Hand Lube

News Credits:
    I don't know that I have many opinions that would be unpopular or controversial. I'm generally pleased with the Transformers design and direction HasTak has adopted (although that in and of itself could be unpopular these days LOL). I'd be super keen for some Legacy Armada redux figures beyond Starscream (whatever he looks like), but I'm sure the UT is still plenty popular enough.

I am DEFINITELY not a fan of the new Laser Prime figure, and he seems to be pretty widely appreciated by most. And I was personally let down by that Wreckers subline, it seemed pretty mediocre across the board.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. loof

loof hungry AND thirsty for plastic

I personally am not interested in updated Unicron Trilogy toys. The UT to me is all about the fun play gimmicks, and since HasTak has clearly no interest in recreating these features, anything without them would be inferior to me. The gimmicks are too integral for me to give up. Without it, my interest wanes. It’s why my expectations for Legacy Armada Starscream are at rock bottom, as well as the rumour that it’s apparently an inaccurate retool of something else. While I never expected it to be for me to begin with, if it turns out poorly, I will feel very sorry for my fellow UT fans who didn’t get what they wanted.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  7. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    seen megatron on an elevator, talk about 'con descending!

• Like Like x 11
  8. Cool Hand Lube

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm not expecting much from Armada Starscream, either.

Reading through the "What was your favorite childhood TF toy" thread, I can certainly sympathize with UT fans (or any other later iteration besides G1) for their never getting much of anything from their childhood TF lines because it's pretty much all G1 all the time. And then when those fans do get some scraps tossed their way their favorites are G1-ified and they still kind of lose.

I mean, I'm a G1 guy through and through so the last several years have been great for me personally, but I definitely feel for those folks who just want SOME representation of their childhood figures.

Dammit... :lol 

Last edited: May 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Thatsjustkreo67

Thatsjustkreo67 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I miss wacky boxset ideas like this. 8AF7952C-0B28-4407-9A0E-71CFE48D6F00.jpeg

• Like Like x 23
  10. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So does that mean you'd be the most receptive to Energon updates, cause that gimmick was just slapping everyone into each other.

• Like Like x 1
  11. UltraViolet

UltraViolet professional dummy

It is sad because I so love figures like armada Cyclonus and demolishor and all I would want them to do for an update is give them a little more articulation… and maybe give demolishor his minicon activated launcher in both shoulders :cry 

they just aren’t the same without the play gimmicks. And no, letting me manually flip up Cyclonus’s leg cannons is NOT the same as them popping up on a spring…

• Like Like x 2
  12. Aleydarogue

Aleydarogue Oh Hi!

I feel this. Override/metroplex not having the spring loaded weapons doesn't happer the transformation. I wish they kept the cyber planet keys. I miss gimmicks.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Rojixus

Rojixus Celebrating 40 Years of Transformers!

And now for my unpopular opinion, I never liked the gimmicks. Transformation and articulation are the only gimmicks I care about, I can even take-or-leave combination. Keep your missile launchers and give me ankle tilts!

• Like Like x 11
  14. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Putting the ‘Bi’ in Bionicle.

News Credits:
    That's why I didn't care for Armada. Having grown up on BW, seeing toys that eschewed basic articulation for clunky gimmicks just seemed like a step backwards. Megatron didn't even have knees.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Sure he did. Just irish heel clicking knees rather than something like running but that's what the tank mode is for

• Like Like x 2
  16. maloney4playz

maloney4playz God's Strongest Broadside hater

News Credits:
    why wasnt the unicron accesory pack+galvatron set like this?

• Like Like x 2
  17. Aleydarogue

Aleydarogue Oh Hi!

How is yours the unpopular opinion if thats how the majority here feel? In my example the gimmick is in the weapons. Does not hinder anything and I do believe both figures have great articulation. I don't see why it has to be one way or the other with you people why can't we have both? Ankle tilts and flip out weapons for the UT trilogy people?

• Like Like x 3
  18. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    I've always felt that Megatron not having knees was to allow for a more stable combination with Tidal Wave, to allow Megatron to properly support the weight of the combination. Omega Prime from the year prior had had trouble standing because Optimus Prime's knees couldn't handle the additional weight of Ultra Magnus. Megatron's combined form didn't have that issue.

Although the best solution would have been to have regular knees, and slide out supports to lock them straight for the combo. But I guess that wasn't in the budget. I still find Armada Megatron a far better package than anything we're getting these days below Commander class.

• Like Like x 1
  19. MetalHeroX

MetalHeroX Well-Known Member

Are those figures still holding together? :p 

Unpopular opinion I guess? But Transclearant plastic doesn’t bother me until it snaps. Like I really enjoy the look it provides.

Now to totally back peddle on that… transclearant insert pieces into the mold made of regular plastic is the way to go to get the best of both worlds. Hasbro knows this. Surely. And yet they don’t act on it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Because thats expensive as hell for how tight the budgets run these days

• Like Like x 1