Unpopular toy opinions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NotRamjet97, Mar 28, 2015.

1. ArcanielRE3

ArcanielRE3 Honorary Autobot

I'm definitely late to the party on this one, but I honestly don't think Kingdom Tracks is an awful figure. I got him about a month or two ago, and have really enjoyed it!
    WFCKtracksphoto.jpg
    Could it have been engineered better? Absolutely, but is it the unstable and fragile QC disaster that many claim it to be? From my experience at least, no.

• Like Like x 17
  2. DashCourageous

DashCourageous Greetings Programs!

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Blasphemy! Soundwave's tape deck mode is perfection itself. Heathen.

• Like Like x 5
  3. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, from comments, it does sound that the later batches have either had a bit of an adjustment, or possibly just the wear of the mold plates has "corrected" the tabbing. So it's not "not as bad as others claim", because it is bad, it's more that you got a better one.

That said, no insult meant with the following..but this sort of post irks me.

I really don't get the "need to prove" something comments... lots of people have had issues, (it's not in people heads like this sort of comment makes it sound like) and lately many report that their copy (purchased later) appears to be better. So instead, just be glad you got a good one instead of play the "denial" card.

If I see LOTS of posts about a figure having a flaw, if I decide to get it and take the chance anyways and get lucky, I will never post about "mine is fine, you must be doing something wrong" type of comment, I'll be freaky ecstatic to be lucky and get a good one. Hell, I'll post pictures and discuss with someone that has issues and see if we can figure out the differences to help.. I did that very thing with Warpath (I had a bad one, he didn't) and it was a great exchange with the other member and we did see the small changes/differences between our copies.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Rojixus

Rojixus Celebrating 40 Years of Transformers!

It is a brick that spits out slabs, it was bad in 1984 and it's even worse now. It's time to join the 21st century!

5. DashCourageous

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    **ck yo 21th century! (Soundwave was my fav as a kid and I repurchased it when Ebay first became a thing so LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG ago). There has not been a better SW, and until there is, he is perfection! And '84 was a good year for entertainment. :D 

• Like Like x 2
  6. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits:
    Even without the somewhat clunky Powerlinx armor, Energon Bulkhead is one awesome figure and it's such a shame that thanks to the Energon/Superlink anime, barely anyone ever remembers this figure existed nowadays.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 14
  7. loof

loof hungry AND thirsty for plastic

I’d really like to get this guy, as well as Mirage, Downshift, and Sharkticon. All look like solid and fun figures. Oh, and Megatron, just like everyone else ever. :p 

8. Rojixus

Rojixus Celebrating 40 Years of Transformers!

As far as I'm concerned, if it doesn't transform into a vehicle or beast, it's not a good Transformer.

• Like Like x 2
  9. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 #1 Starscream Fanboy

News Credits:
    Nah, Soundwave and Blaster are two of the best designs of G1. Still hold up today. I don’t mind Soundwave being other things, I just hate when they go so far into it being clearly G1 inspired (Animated, Cybertron, WFC Games) without it being straight G1. If you’re going to have Soundwave be something different make it like the Bayverse or Prime where they are distinct, amazing designs that bear little to know resemblance with the original design.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Barring a few clunkers (Ironhide in particular comes to mind), the Energon toys are great. They just got saddled with a terrible anime.

• Like Like x 1
  11. YellowCorvette

News Credits:
    Heck, I would even go as far as to say that Energon Ironhide was actually a pretty good toy, with solid build quality, as well as having one of the most well-executed Powerlinx gimmick implementation of the toyline (That, unfortunately, got quite a lot of unfair bad rap, due the toy been associated with a pretty ridiculous character and the god-awful Energon/Superlink anime)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  12. Pillowman7

Pillowman7 This gonna be bananas

He’s probably my favorite Kingdom carbot

13. Pillowman7

Pillowman7 This gonna be bananas

Energon Ironhide is a great powerlink partner in toy form

14. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Other than needing a way to hide his head better, he's actually not that terrible. Nicely solid and powerful feeling.

• Like Like x 2
  15. YellowCorvette

News Credits:
    Man, looking back on Energon Ironhide... TF fans back then can be kinda out-of-touch to just look at one case of the slightly visible head (Without examining the greater picture) and went all like "That's a terrible toy with no redeeming qualities! BURN IT WITH FIRE!!!"

Nowadays, we live in a world where figures such as PRID Airachnid, and almost all of the Cyberverse "Scouts" were a thing that exists. For better or worse, this kind of puts things into perspective, doesn't it?

• Like Like x 2
  16. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

News Credits:
    WRONG!

800px-Rotf-ejector-toy-scout.jpg

:D 
    I do understand your point though. Walkmans are outdated, and I tend to enjoy the reinterpretations Soundwave has received over the years that capture his essence in fun, new ways. Animated and TFP are probably my standouts.

• Like Like x 7
  17. DashCourageous

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :jawdropper: :sly2: :peoples: 

• Like Like x 2
  18. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    QC and design issues don’t evaporate because someone gets lucky on their copy, or when they are tolerant of them. That simply indicates inadequate sampling and bias. The figure has problems that are well-established. Whether a person likes the toy despite that fact are a separate thing altogether. It’s okay to enjoy this figure and at the same time acknowledge its problems.

My big issue with Tracks is the faux-forming chest and the toddler-like proportions. I recently picked up Runamuck for a custom project, and he has the same issue. They’re not alone— many of the WFC figures look like chunky preschoolers to me. Longer legs would go a long way to improving the visual impression of the robot mode.

Sometimes designers get in their own way by over-complicating transformations. Tracks’s legs are a good example, and it suffers because of it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. sikkusushotto

sikkusushotto Well-Known Member

Yeah even with discounts it's really pushing the limits. Maybe they think it's a good deal when compared to MP52.

• Like Like x 2
  20. heltskelt

heltskelt Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This was me until a week ago… until I found hairline cracks on both fenders, caused by the pin heads. I noticed on the second transformation.

• Like Like x 1