Unpopular toy opinions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NotRamjet97, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Movie Convoy

Movie Convoy Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I prefer the more unique and alien Cybertronian robot designs like those seen in the Witwicky Trilogy Transformers movies over the usual absurdly buff metal humans with parts of the exterior of vehicles and animals glued to them. I also prefer having the vehicle mode exterior parts end up segmented, angled, and positioned on the robot modes in various biomechanically natural shapes like the designs from the Witwicky Trilogy complete with visible joints and internal components from the vehicles they copied to get their disguises.

Last edited: May 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  2. IronPrime2169

IronPrime2169 Supreme Leader of the Bluepremacy

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    SS 2007 Starscream is better than Earthrise Starscream by a lot. In fact:

SS 2007 Starscream >= Siege Starscream > SS ROTF/DOTM Starscream >>> Earthrise Starscream

• Like Like x 7
  3. wreckgar39

wreckgar39 I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way.

News Credits:
    Incredibly based answer. I know not everyone likes the Dorito look, but his mainline and masterpiece figures are so beautifully engineered. I would dare to say MPM-10 is the best official MP we have gotten yet. That's including BW, G1, and the other MPMs. His attention to detail is second to none.

• Like Like x 11
  4. zark225

zark225 The Day Fukr

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Watch out. It seems like anytime someone praises MPM-10 someone has to come in complaining about the jet kibble.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

Yeah, I figure many feel that a blue visor would be appropriate. That's honestly more of a G1 cartoon thing, though, and I like a G1 toy look. On the original toy, the visor was silver. If I colored it at all, I would probably paint it black.

6. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

It's not the jet kibble that bothers me-- it's the design aesthetic. Honestly, it reminds me of the underside of some crustacean I might find hiding under a large creek rock. I don't like my Cybertronians to be as gratuitously humanoid as G1 Arcee, but I prefer them much more humanoid than that.

MPM-10 may be fantastically engineered, but I've never had the interest to find out. That design is horrific, to my eyes.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Movie Convoy

Movie Convoy Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    The idea behind the Witwicky Trilogy Decepticon designs was to make them look far more threatening, intimidating, creepy, and seriously scary than how they were portrayed in cartoons, comics, and even the toy bios, going as far as basing a significant percentage of them on various insects, arachnids, and animals.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Gir

Gir I want to be a mongoose

I don't disagree with this. Always thought that while some movie designs I didn't care for much like Starscream, I did think that 'yeah if Transformers were real, they'd probably look real weird being alien'. I'm sure if they were real they'd all look very similar to humans aside from broad differences like color or size and we generally might have trouble telling them apart. They wouldn't have random parts hanging off as they'd get in the way of movement. Yes I love the G1 designs because that's what I grew up with. But they are just dudes with car parts hanging off. It's not realistic at all. Makes for some good toys though.

• Like Like x 3
  9. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I've always found Starscream's design to be, appropriately, avian-looking.

• Like Like x 4
  10. zark225

zark225 The Day Fukr

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ehh, the movie designs and aesthetic is what I prefer. I can understand someone's faults with them, but it isn't something that I share.

Plus, not to sound snarky, but I'm not really sure what this has to do with me talking about the people that complain about the kibble in jet mode lmao. Usually, anytime I see someone saying something good about MPM-10 someone always has to come in with something along the lines of "bUt ThAt JeT kIbBlE" which is what I was referring to.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

I just wanted to point out that some people (well, I, at least) don’t see jet kibble as a problem. For what it aspires to represent, it looks like a well-executed and nicely engineered figure.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Revan1307

Revan1307 Well-Known Member

ER Cone head seekers look better then the reg seekers

• Like Like x 1
  13. rexemuwu

rexemuwu the Golden Sorcerer

speaking of the cone head
    dirge has the best seeker color scheme

14. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    My vote goes to Skywarp. I rarely buy repaints, but I got classics and MP Skywarp even though I already had the Starscream versions in each case. And I preferred the Skywarps.

• Like Like x 1
  15. zark225

zark225 The Day Fukr

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think that Kingdom Dinobot is fairly overrated. The Raptor mode has already been discussed enough, but yeah it isn't great. The robot mode though, it's... fine? I don't really like the proportions and it seems awkward to me. The articulation is good and the engineering involved in the transformation is good but I feel like either mode isn't too worth it. I've seen some people saying this is as good or even better than the MP and I just don't get it.

• Like Like x 3
  16. JSpaced10

JSpaced10 Not Predacon: PREDAKING!

Twitter:
    I don't know if this has already been said but: people need to stop selling their broken rubbish on eBay.

"Great condition! RARE! Only missing his head, three wheels, two arms and a leg!"

• Like Like x 8
  17. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

My thought went to Skywarp as well. He’s not my favorite Seeker as a character, but it’s hard to argue against his deco. Second place for me goes to Ramjet.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dremen_Solo

Dremen_Solo Well-Known Member

I actually love Optimus and Megatron both being voyager sized guys. I dont think thats an unpopular opinion, but its a lead into my actual unpopular opinion of: I prefer Megatron to be slightly smaller then Optimus. I think the stocky powerful build works really well for him. Now I'm not saying I think Megatron should be way shorter, but half a head is good if he's suitably powerful and broad looking.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Evil Warrior of Talking

News Credits:
    I'll probably be lynched for this but I don't care, the world needs to know...

SS Devestator > Supreme Boxset Devestator > CW Devestator > SDCC CW Devestator

• Like Like x 7
  20. Dachande

Dachande Janitor. Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You forgot to put UW Devastator first.
    Just sayin'.

• Like Like x 3