Unpopular toy opinions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NotRamjet97, Mar 28, 2015.

1. DriftsEdge

DriftsEdge The keyboard samurai

I honestly don’t mind if I never have Starscream from BB Movie. I didn’t even noticed his existence when I was watching the movie first time, because he didn’t even have a line.

2. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The engineering is neat and that's the kost important part of a tf to me

• Like Like x 1
  3. dinobot1

dinobot1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think AOE Voyager class Galvatron was a solid figure for its time. Having a Backpack is a common design trait for most of the movie characters, so I don’t mind that Galvatron has his entire truck cab on his back. I actually think it’s impressive how his cab is able to collapse into his back the way it does. It’s especially impressive since the movie design did the Hasbro designers no favors by having the robot mode have virtually no discernible vehicle bits. The only thing holding the figure back was its gross lack of paint. It came out during the time when all silver characters were defaulted to bland gray and the figure suffered for it. Overall though, it wasn’t a bad figure and I wouldn’t be opposed to a Studio Series rendition of the character adopting some of the original Voyager’s techniques.

• Like Like x 7
  4. sikkusushotto

sikkusushotto Well-Known Member

I think on the whole I prefer Classics seekers to Earthrise seakers.

Earthrise: better articulation, head no longer connected to cone, weapons aren't oversized, voyager size

Classics: better proportioned jet mode, better silhouette in robot mode, no overly-done greebling, proper nozzles for the jets, transformation doesn't involve those chest tabs, a whole range of paint choices to choose from for all the main ones.

• Like Like x 5
  5. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
  6. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

I've had one in-hand several times at Target, thinking I could customize it to make it better. I'm pretty sure I could even fix the face. It's the ridiculously stupid alt mode that I can't tolerate. What the hell is all of that garbage hanging below the jet? There's no way to correct that much of a design flaw.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It's meant to be the low hanging gun of their in-movie model but not as razor thin given.. it's a budget toy and not ILM model or 3PMP

• Like Like x 3
  8. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

Ah, ok. I didn't recall seeing the tetrajets on the movie. Damn, they missed the mark on that one-- half of the mass hangs below the wings. I realize it's a "budget" toy, but the WFC figures have proven that a $30 figure can have far higher standards. I think if they couldn't do better than this, they shouldn't have issued it. It's no wonder my local store shelves are bare except for this figure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  9. sikkusushotto

sikkusushotto Well-Known Member

I especailly like the thrusters pointing upwards in jetmode.

• Like Like x 2
  10. zark225

zark225 The Day Fukr

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That SS Starscream isn’t bad at all. He is quite a fun figure and I feel that, for the most part, it’s as good as it’s gonna get at that scale and price point. I love the tetrajet!

• Like Like x 4
  11. SlagNotSlug

SlagNotSlug Well-Known Member

That Starscream looks like a grumpy old man.

"Damn Autobots! Get off my lawn!"

• Like Like x 2
  12. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    Honestly, it's the feet sticking out the back (as usual) that bothers me. I rather like the placement of the arms - it looks like a weapon armature to me, rather than a third wing/stabilizer, and for me it works. Of course, since this is an alien design, it gets a bit more leeway than a terrestrial jet would.

• Like Like x 1
  13. DriftsEdge

DriftsEdge The keyboard samurai

The Tetra jet mode is ok for me. I would much rather use SS72 mold as seeker drones than Starscream. I hope Studio Series Thrust have a better head sculpt.

• Like Like x 1
  14. BlueSilver

BlueSilver Well-Known Member

I posted this in the Studio-86 thread as well, but after getting Hot Rod in hand, I realized I will gladly pay the extra price for upgraded deluxes at a voyager price point like him. Same with Rodimus. Hot Rod feels like a collector-focused figure with the budget and engineering to make sure he is clean and without gaps. The actual MP line is a bit less accessible in cost as of late and is doing more polarizing stylistic choices, so I’m very happy to have figures in the mainline with upgraded budgets and display features that are still relatively affordable. This opinion does not include the tolerance issues that people have been having with Hot Rod, just the concept of paying for a size class up to get upgraded engineering and display features. It seems like a middle ground with MP that I think I will enjoy.

• Like Like x 9
  15. Dremen_Solo

Dremen_Solo Well-Known Member

Agree entirely. I know one guy in my local group who just screams about how Hot Rod isn't a voyager and he's a bad toy because of it, and I just dont get it. I more than got my money's worth out of that box. The extra engineering alone made a huge difference.

• Like Like x 3
  16. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I too love SS 86 Hot Rod. He feels like an MP at retail price. Plus I’m a sucker for Sunbow accuracy.

• Like Like x 3
  17. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    The figure isn't that bad in hand, and I absolutely hated it when it was first revealed. However, it's a safe bet that the designs are going to be much more refined in the next movie. If that happens, I really hope they change the tetra jet mode. It looks more like a military fighter jet in a sci-fi movie that takes place in 2050 than it does a Cybertronian jet.

18. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I have found my people.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Nemesis Baser

Nemesis Baser Rei III is so my mood

News Credits:
    Kingdom rodimus prime justifies the commander class price point

• Like Like x 9
  20. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    I said the exact same thing about Studio Series Lockdown a few weeks ago. I watched some of his scenes on YouTube, and the dude has a plethora of weapons at his disposal. I would have gladly paid $30 for the figure if that meant getting every weapon and accessory he used in Age of Extinction.

• Like Like x 5