Unpopular toy opinions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NotRamjet97, Mar 28, 2015.

1. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When you have a mixed bag of scale... Jazz, and other cars, etc. are almost the exact same scale as WFC, I don't see the issue and why they'd be discarded.

It's no worse than several figures in WFC that really do not scale at all with the rest. Grapple for example, and all of the jets/seekers, etc.

Everything that's outside "cars" tends to be completely wrong in every line.

At least in the Prime trilogy, we did end up with the headmasters that forced a sort of universal scale for those.

But looking at Apeface and Snapdragon in the WFC line and those are very bad level of scale... they should have been much larger.

• Like Like x 1
  2. oturan

oturan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    20210113_001604.jpg
    He is NOT worthy of my price point!

• Like Like x 1
  3. TonyStink

TonyStink AKA Deinotron the Terrible

YouTube (Legacy):
  4. oturan

oturan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Optimus implying Hot Rod.

5. TonyStink

TonyStink AKA Deinotron the Terrible

YouTube (Legacy):
    Ah... damned Hasbro accessories, then.

6. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    Meanwhile I just use whatever figures for my comic fit my intent with only mild concessions to scale. :p  Like using Cyberverse Prime Arcee to represent her motorcycle mode.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

I like artful kibble.

• Like Like x 9
  8. imfallenangel

News Credits:
    I look at it from the point of view that since we do NOT have an official scale that is coherent throughout the figures, then it becomes about mass and what a Cybertronian CAN be made into according to his body type, his function and other parameter.

Who's to say that if you place a figure like Brawn/Outback next to Hound, it's more a case of the small ones being similar to a small individual 4x4 instead of a full size jeep-type vehicle.

Same with lots of the planes, in the real world, you CAN buy plane kits that are mini non-military versions for single pilots/hobbyist, that are easily half the size if not smaller.

Some things will stand out as "just doesn't work no matter what", but heck.. you're playing with robots that turn into vehicles and tape decks... anything can "go" if you work a certain angle for it.

I've been mix and matching figures from EVERY line in my graphic story, from movie stuff to Cyberverse, to lines from 10-20 years ago... and I have no issue whatsoever.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  9. LRJ2007

LRJ2007 ...

News Credits:
    I prefer earthrise starscream over siege starscream.
    Kingdom Ultra Magnus looks better than Siege Magnus.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Driskull98

Driskull98 Evil is as evil do.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Tumblr:
    Same, I really don't understand the complaints.

• Like Like x 3
  11. MasterScale

MasterScale Loose, comes with baggage...

I have... seven of the Super7 ReAction Transformers (so far), and I think they are great!

• Like Like x 1
  12. OptimisticOptimus

OptimisticOptimus Member

Hasbro could just reissue the entire G1 line over and over again and produce them in a manner that would meet consumer demand ad infinitum. Modern toys are honestly terrible, and a lot of the Transformers line, save for the Masterpiece and Movie line, have been atrocious for decades. I had absolutely no interest in purchasing any Transformers until the new Siege, Earthrise, and Kingdom line.

13. KFGatri

Ebay:
    Meanwhile, WFC has drastically reduced my interest in buying. I have no interest in buying yet another set of Seekers, for instance.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Pillowman7

Pillowman7 This gonna be bananas

I don’t either Kingdom Magnus looks really good

• Like Like x 2
  15. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

Another set of Seekers, you say? :D 

16. KFGatri

Ebay:
    Yeah, after G1 reissues, Armada and Classics, I decided I had enough. Didn't even look at the WFC Seekers, apart from getting Siege Thundercracker on clearance.

17. scottboy15

scottboy15 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Fossilizers... no. Terrible idea.

• Like Like x 1
  18. imfallenangel

News Credits:
    Fossilizers reminds me of Inhumanoids and similar lines... robots transforming into bones just makes zero sense unless the ark crashed into a museum and that's where they're hiding.

I have zero interest in them, BUT I am enjoying what members are doing with them, and the fun they are having, so it's all good in that way, but they just feel like they were another line of toys that were piggy-backed onto Transformers by giving then the 5mm standard type holes and pegs.

But it's interesting to see how far Hasbro can go with the line and still get people on board.

They just seem more from a "magical" type series than robots.

• Like Like x 1
  19. skwonderfactory

skwonderfactory Me Scott like Transformers!

News Credits:
    Besides the face sculpt, size and paint applications, I actually think the voyager class Revenge of the Fallen Demolisher/Scavenger mold is better then the Studio Series one..

20. imfallenangel

News Credits:
    The funny part for my collection is that I love planes, tanks and spaceships due to my love for the Macross/Robotech and such, and yet the "G1 type" seekers have never appealed much to me. I never bought the "character" thing until Siege, so I've never cared about any figure on that criteria, but on the merits of the actual figure/mold. Oddly enough, I didn't end up with a hundred Starscream, just maybe 4..? :p 

I have a lot of planes from all of the lines, but the only actual G1 F15 type I even did get was a classic Acid Rain. (did found a conehead at a flea market a year or two ago, and did get a G1 re-issue on liquidation for the heck of it around the same time)

But with Siege, I found the Tetrajets to be just freaking great to have a very science-fiction-type, and the robot mode turned out simply amazing. As far as I'm concerned, it would take a miracle to get me to consider any other seeker.

And seriously, after a thousand pictures, seeing them in person a good hundred times, trying to like them, I just can't... the ER versions are just so full of issues and faults that my unpopular opinion would be that I continue to believe that Hasbro is going to pull one over everyone that bought into them, and release a new and much better version soon enough and everyone that have stated that these are the greatest ever and will never buy another version are going to feel cheated. Every time I see them I wince to see that chest that doesn't tab, the lack of articulation, the boxiness of them, etc.

• Like Like x 1