Unpopular toy opinions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NotRamjet97, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Wrist swivel > ankle tilt > ab-crunch

Waist swivel > ankle tilt > ab-crunch

Double-hinged elbows> ankle tilt > ab-crunch

Double-hinged knees > ankle tilt > ab-crunch

Long upper legs and shorter lower legs > ankle tilt > ab-crunch

• Like Like x 4
  2. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Strongly agree. I haven't been interested in the main MP line since they started going to such ridiculous lengths to achieve excessive levels of cartoon accuracy, and the regular Studio Series line just can't do the live action designs justice with the simpler engineering and paint apps. I hope a ROTF Sideswipe (not DOTM, never liked the convertible look for him) is next.

• Like Like x 3
  3. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    That's not unpopular on these boards in the least.

• Like Like x 2
  4. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Probably not unpopular- I don't like seemingly half of a toyline being exclusive to a particular retailer.

• Like Like x 13
  5. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    I feel the opposite way, the Dinobots get a pass because we don't know with absolute certainty what dinosaurs looked like. But the G1 Predacons and their brethren all look awkward and unappealing. Organic is the way to go.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    I have found my people.

7. TheDude810

TheDude810 I have an unhealthy obsession with the RotF Game

Is it unpopular to say that I really don’t give a fuck if a Transformer is unlicensed? I liked Dino because he was a cool bot design, not because he was a Ferarri.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Grand Admiral Brawn

Grand Admiral Brawn New Member

You must have a bad one, nothing floppy about mine. :bay 

• Like Like x 3
  9. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Unpopular? Probably. But you're right, better to have a made up alt modenthan no toy at all. I LOVED ROTF Sideways

• Like Like x 5
  10. rikaldomario

rikaldomario Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I kinda want that rifle for the Deluxe Elita as a sniper .

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mardroid

Mardroid Well-Known Member

I love my Siege Ultra Magnus and accept that his trailer isn’t a car carrier as this is his Cybertronian mode, and it makes a decent looking alien battle-wagon. And the robot mode is suitably G1. However when I saw that the Kingdom version was pretty much more of the same, except with an Earth style cab (and minor trailer remoulding to be fair) I decided to look elsewhere.

A good deal on EBay later and I was able to purchase a new CW Ultra Magnus. A rather different design to Seige and G1, but I really like it. Can sort of see why people complain about the smaller size of the new Leader class figures. I thought they were being a bit precious, as Siege Magnus (with armour) is a decent size. He is only a bit taller than the voyager sized Siege and ER Optimus Primes but he has a lot more width, and his height in comparison to Optimus fits the movie better than the original G1 toys used to do.

On seeing CW Magnus, however, I get what they were complaining about. This is a big boy. Even bigger when you consider that he manages to be taller than the Siege version despite appearing to be scaled smaller. This seems evident when you transform it into it’s truck mode. The cab is smaller than the Siege equivalent, despite the truck with trailer being larger overall. I understand that truck cabs do differ in size, but I get the impression CW Magnus truck is meant to be a monster.

I had been warned that CW Magnus doesn’t hold his guns properly. While they are a bit loose, I found that as long as I closed the hands tightly, they will hold the weapons just fine. And you get a combo weapons hammer mode too!

Of the two, Siege has more poseability and as a more G1 guy, I think I prefer his robot mode a bit more, but CW is a nice figure in his rangy way, and he provides that decent car carrier trailer. His truck is a bit smaller than I’d have liked, but short of forking out for an MP (or compromising for one of the great looking KOs, something I’m uncomfortable with) he seems the best out there. And an Earth cab with a different style to Optimus’s is nice.

12. rikaldomario

rikaldomario Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know if this opinion is popular or not, but I think HasTak made the right call by making Bug Bite out of the CJ mold, instead of the BB. I prefer the CJ one because to me, BB's rounded chest makes him look like a chubby little boy. My perfect version of ER BB would have only changed CJ's feet to be rounder, even if that would have made the VW Beetle a little flat.

13. TonyStink

TonyStink AKA Deinotron the Terrible

Not sure if this is unpopular, but I don't like the CW Megatron mould.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Patrickab7

Patrickab7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My headcanon is that Bug Bite decided the VW Beetle altmode was too "dorky" and scanned a different car. :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  15. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I actually prefer SS Cliffjumper to Earthrise CJ in both modes.

I don't like the Earthrise Seeker mold. I think it's too small and we're not likely to get more repaints of the Siege Seeker mold because of it.

I don't like Earthrise Runamuck. I think he's too big and beefy for the character.

I wish the Battlecharger, Sunstreaker, Wheeljack and Sideswipe molds were all narrower in car mode.

I don't like Hotlink's colour scheme. I wish he was closer to his TFCC colour scheme so I could armybuild him as Seeker drones.

I hate Rodimus Unicronus' shades and goatee.

I think CW Superion, POTP Abomibus and Volcanicus are too small and Predaking is too big.

16. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

People who trash Action Masters for “ruining Transformers” but praise and scarf up the new non-transforming figures are low-key hypocrites. :p 

• Like Like x 4
  17. Ninjanicktf

Ninjanicktf Mushroom Samba

I think the backlash towards those was becuase they replaced the actual transforming bots and maybe they're still bitter about that. Do people really still go on about them?

And maybe it's just the circles I tend to go to but I've seen quite a bit of complain about the Red series existing and I just think "why?" It's not like they said "Kingdom Studio Series and MP are all cancelled and this is all you're getting for now screw you bye" when they were unveiled. Like I said I think the action Masters getting all the flack back then made more sense.

at worst I wish they weren't exclusive to Walmart and that it wasn't the only recent Prime Arcee figure becuase I would have preferred one that transformed, but what are ya gonna do?

• Like Like x 2
  18. TickTockGoesTheClock

TickTockGoesTheClock Dōmo arigatō, Mr Roboto.

News Credits:
    I personally love the G1 Red Characters and hope they do more in thay 20$ Cartoon style.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

An easier explanation is that it's a Bayverse movie.

20. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

I don't like beast modes in general, but if they must be, then in my opinion they must be mechanical. I don't like the organic theme at all.

My biggest problem with the G1 Predacons is that 2/5 of the team members aren't even predators. Tantrum and Headstrong have herbivorous alt modes.

• Like Like x 1