Unpopular toy opinions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NotRamjet97, Mar 28, 2015.

1. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    Honestly, that’s what we call being an elitist. It’s easy to disregard people’s requests and hopes for something different when almost (I say almost because Studio Series is pretty much the only part of the brand that isn’t rehashing G1) an entire brand is catering to you.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kaynowa

Kaynowa Will defend even Armada Side Swipe

I don't like throwing titles around. I'm upset with the ideas, not the people. Studio Series is great for every movie but Bumblebee. I think they could've waited another wave to refine those figures.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dragga

Dragga Well-Known Member

To jump in again, I don't...think this one is that unpopular, but

I hate that Ultra Magnus is typically only done as a white and blue Optimus. Siege is the first time in a while to work that design plus his actual armor. I wish if they must repaint Prime and don't want the Nemesis Prime/Scourge colors, they'd choose the Delta Magnus/Magna Convoy colors. Those colors look leagues better as a standalone Prime redeco than Magnus's white and blue. Magnus, being more iconically seen in his armored up mode, should get toys that just cut out the standalone cab transformation, like his MP and CW versions do.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Kaynowa

I think having the core bot with the armor helps sell the play pattern, give the individual figure more to do if you can't fully utilize the car carrier function. Though it is unfortunate that Siege sacrificed the carrier aspect, I think that would be rather benefitial in the wartime setting; have a whole squad roll up in one go instead of trickling in

• Like Like x 1
  5. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    Thank you. It's ludicrously unfunny.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Dragga

Dragga Well-Known Member

I agree it would add to the play pattern, but it's one of those things I'm also willing to sacrifice for the sake of the whole package being as solid in execution as it is.

7. Fenrir Zero

Fenrir Zero AFA/VGA/TRPG Collector

*walks out wearing a UTO referee uniform*

Upon further review! This is a good example of liking something enough to overlook its flaws! First down!

Here is the thing. Better yet, here is a list of every Hasbro and Takara/TakaraTomy series that also deserve focus: Soundwaves Oblivion: The Toy Archive

The point I am making is that if you do this for one toyline others will want it done for theirs as well. And while the rest make similar arguments like yours, those who see what they are offered will be split into three categories: "I like/love it!", "It's good enough...", and "I hate it so much that I am going to troll those who do not share my views." You know, the usual issues here. So while it would be great to see more of other lines, the other issue is that they will need to make enough money to justify the decision.

Which is another issue that ends up justifying what they are doing now.

Which is all I can say, I'm afraid. There's no more from your comment here, that's the last I've got. I don't know what stopped you from continuing your argument, but I can guess. They're coming. The trolls are coming for you. But listen, your sanity could depend on this. Don't reply. Don't even reply. Reply and you'll regret it. They are very self-entitled. Far more than you can ever believe. Don't read what they say, don't care why they are there, and don't reply. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kaynowa

I agree. There are a lot of designs from the 35 years that.would be great to see given proper form. I focused on BW-UT as those are the most relevant to the earlier discussion and the series after I'd argue defined the standards I want applied to the series before them. It isn't even series that I like (not a beast era fan). My point was Hasbro.has been dead set on focusing on... Generously 5 years of toyline history while mostly ignoring the 30 that followed. Honestly, if they want to keep with G1, at least venture into the Japanese.stuff more. I think Star Saber shouldn't have even been a vote charavter and just been in the line. Maybe throw Rodimus in the vote in his place. Combiner Wars Raiden and Road Ceasar to pair against Liokaiser and maybe a Dinoking. Literally anything else would ve nice. And more than one retool every fifth wave, please

• Like Like x 1
  9. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    My hope is that they can find better ways of doing some of the shellformers from the BW/BM/RID lines or to do better than "cheetah stands on back legs, done" sort of transformations. My immediate thought, though, is would the BW fans accept something that changes the transformation to make a better figure, especially if the dreaded faux parts are used.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kaynowa

With open arms if the MP receptions are anything to go by. I've even heard a number of people saying they'd rather see some partsforming on the likes of Blackarachnia

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yaujta

Yaujta Split second of divinity... Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I know I would be fine with that.
    The downside is that some of the original BW figures are perfectly fine as is and I don't think that many need updating.
    For example, the T30 Rattrap may have a nicer backpack, but isn't as articated as the old shell-former.
    I also don't have a lot of faith in what would be called "improved" for both Beast Wars and the AEC stuff, as many were ahead of their time and a modern take would just make them smaller or somehow compromised.

NoNoNoNoNoNo...

• Like Like x 4
  12. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Well-Known Member

I'd love to see some Micromasters bases in the resto if the WfC trilogy, especially if hey implement the whole C.O.M.B.A.T. play pattern and have the bases split into different weapons and armor for the bigger figures to use. A few Voyager\Leader class Battle Masters would be cool as well, like a Wing Saber that could split into all sorts of gear. I'd be a cool way to expand on the partformerish combiner aspect of the original figures' play pattern.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Saberclaw84

Saberclaw84 Defensor’s Servant

Siege is what got me into loving Micromasters. I love the little guys to the point where I may or may not have impulse bought the ten-pack just because.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dragga

Dragga Well-Known Member

I just thought of one that kid me loved and to this day I still think was so fun:

I 100% adored the mutant heads on early Beast Wars figures. It seems they weren't well received at all, but I loved them for often giving kid me a way to make my figures look like they went into a battle mode or something. I can't imagine how they'd ever be brought back as a toyline element, but honestly if money weren't an object, that alone would have been the reason for me to purchase the MP Supreme Commander Optimus Primal.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

I don't think this is unpopular but I love the Scout/Basic figures quite a lot they tend to experiment more with alt modes at that scale giving us a much larger range and their size is quite nice.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Canbot

Canbot Well-Known Member

People should remember that this is not the rant thread, lol.

We have already have a Rant Thread.

In fact I'm headed there Right Now!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Fenrir Zero

Fenrir Zero AFA/VGA/TRPG Collector

The Unpopular-ish Opinion Returns: When it comes to current toylines, I think the 2014-2016 Q Transformers line is one of those overlooked lines people should look into. The downside is that some figures (examples below) go for prices that some collectors are not willing to spend. But if you do not care about having a G1 Bluestreak that resembles his Binatech's timeline form, or even have a version of G1 Jazz (Autobot Meister) that transforms into a Toyota Sprinter Trueno AE85, then you have a few movie and G1 choices that might be well within your price range!

Then again I wonder why people would not want to start a tofu delivery service with Meister if that was his standard alt-mode.

The current downside is the price for some of these figures. Characters like "QT-11" Jazz (Autobot Meister) has Japan retailer prices ranging from $63.71 to $399.98. The lone Hong Kong seller has his retail value being at $83.88. I got the last one @ToyDojo had for sale on eBay for below said lowest asking price. His original price in 2015 was around $9.77 ($7.82 on sites like HLJ). Others like "QT-16" Bluestreak are often sold above what the Hong Kong seller (they have it at $33.88, while others range closer to the $50-$60 range). So this is not a (frugal) completest friendly line.

All I can say is that I am fine with the one I got. My current endgame is to create an AFA graded "top 10" of my favorite versions of my favorite Transformers toys. And currently, both figure and packaging-wise, he is the smallest. But despite that everything ranging from the packaging to the toy just oozes fun. So much that while he is the third figure I have gotten he is currently my favorite. :cool:  Then again... It is going to be hard not picturing him sounding like Scatman Crothers when this version's VA was Kōji Yusa. Who was also Gin Ichimaru's Japanese VA. :rock 

• Like Like x 1
  18. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Exactly. State your opinion and move on, lol. Not the place for an argument or a debate. My unpopular opinion is not that we need more redos, but more original content. I miss the days of UT where we had new designs and new characters, even if the names are the same as previous characters.

• Like Like x 2
  19. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi / living off the wall /

News Credits:
    You sure about that?
    upload_2019-9-8_10-51-15.jpeg
    upload_2019-9-8_10-51-29.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  20. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    Yes because Studio Series’ main focus is the first five (well, I guess first four with some minor repaints of the TLK figures thrown in here and there) Bay films. The moment Hasbro decides to do the Cybertronian designs from the Bee movie in Studio Series (which I don’t think they will because, if you want those designs, you can literally go out and buy Siege figures. There’s almost no difference which is kinda sad tbh.) is when I stop collecting Studio Series.

• Like Like x 1