Unpopular toy opinions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NotRamjet97, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Deltron Magnus

Deltron Magnus TFW's Prettiest Princess

I'm just not that into Combiners. It's not that I dislike the concept, or even any of individual Combiner teams. But a lot of people have an enthusiasm for them that I just don't share.

I really, really love Devastator, but I'm not big on any of the others. Bruticus in particular is one that people seem to love, but to me he's no more interesting than the rest.

And yet, I enjoy the Weaponizer gimmick from Siege. I'm weird that way. :) 

I definitely share your opinion on this. Including an effect or two with every figure would be most welcome. However, from what I gather, our opinion isn't an unpopular one. In fact, I think the only ones who it would be unpopular with are the people at Hasbro because they'd sell a lot less Battle Masters that way. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  2. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude...everyone says that. Not unpopular. He I will say the mold sucks and I love the character

3. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    Some of the TR and POTP figures look (and probably feel) like upscaled legion class figures because they do that silly fold-up shtick with their hollow legs, or a variant of it. The dislike for hollowness comes from the figure feeling light, because all it’s plastic budget is kinda “stretched” to make a bigger figure on store shelves.

4. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    I actually like that all transformers are smaller now they look better and they have more paint

• Like Like x 2
  5. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Well then, my unpopular opinion is that I actually quite like her. Granted, my first one didn't stay together in either mode for shit, but my second one is damn near perfect.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

It really sucks that the only new mold G1 Unicron after a long time is going to be so unaffordable to the average CHUG collector. Hasbro absolutely could have released the character in a more attainable capacity. It bums me out a bit, even though I personally favor his opponents the Primes way more.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Deltron Magnus

While I think the upcoming Earth Rise Optimus Prime does look good, and I can see why people are excited over it, I actually prefer the Siege one.

• Like Like x 3
  8. TheLastBlade

TheLastBlade Well-Known Member

The new siege stuff looks cool, but a side of me is pretty disappointed that they just straight went Cartoon g1 on me. It feels like a downgrade to the design risks that cybertron siege took, and I was hoping for them to surprise us with obscure things like armada prime or ginrai when they announced a trailer prime.

Hopefully, this is their intention and they get to other generations.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

Optimus prime < his trailer
    His trailer < a trailer that can fit figures inside of it
    This is how my brain works. I’d rather buy a trailer off of someone else who has an Optimus with a trailer than get both the trailer and the Optimus

10. Deltron Magnus

So when I've seen people complain about Siege since I've been active here, aside from the battle damage (which I mostly like), so much of it comes down to something not being G1 enough.
    A figure should be such and such a way because that's how it was back in Ye Golden Days of Olde. WfC is about cashing in on nostalgia, so I get it, and I have a healthy amount of nostalgia for G1 myself. But the deviations from the G1 designs that bother people are things I'm cool with. In fact, I would welcome even more deviations from those designs.

• Like Like x 1
  11. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    Sorry, but, if this first wave is an indicator of what we can expect, I am not looking forward to Earth Rise (honestly Armageddon would have been a much better name). I had held out a sliver of hope that they were going to do something different, but I had a feeling since they completely half assed the “Cybertronian design” concept for Siege they were going to abandon it at some point and just go back to straight up G1. I didn’t think it would be this soon though.

I’m hoping the War for Cybertron trilogy is the swan song (I use that loosely because I know they won’t actually retire G1) for G1 and Hasbro moves on to other generations for awhile.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    I was hoping they would keep the “alien” designs throughout the trilogy, not going back to Uber-G1.

Aren’t people sick of religious adherence to G1?

• Like Like x 3
  13. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm not, but I do appreciate a good reimagining.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Saberclaw84

Saberclaw84 Defensor’s Servant

Once again, despite some dislike for the upcoming figures, I actually like them.

The Leader Class Optimus definitely looks to be accurate to his original toy, which is awesome because we haven't seen a yellow-eyed toy/Marvel-styled Optimus in many years.

Grapple is awesome, and I know he'll make an even better Inferno.

Ironworks looks badass. He's on my want list already.

Hot Rod Patrol, once again, I love those little guys. I'm glad they ditched the weapon gimmick.

Now if only we'd see what Runamuck looks like.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Covered in Scorpions, all covered in Scorpions

I did feel T30 leader Jetfire was too lattice like, , he was only part finished in my mind fictionally and in product. So cases like that annoy me. Biggest gripe is the lack of appropriate weapons though. No one wants seat guns for the Titans figures really they looked like someone was stuck inside the world's least hydrodynamic canoes.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

I don’t know if this either unpopular or a “toy opinion” but I never understood the people who say “this website is a dumpster fire” or “the fandoms cancer” I’ve meet nothing but decent people here wanting to discus toys and figures with the few weirdos I should probably avoid maybe that’s because I only go in certain threads or because I haven’t been around here that long

• Like Like x 3
  17. Saberclaw84

Saberclaw84 Defensor’s Servant

I've seen some toxicity here and there, but this is really the only large website dedicated to Transformers alone. Seibertron is nice, but its forums are buried and are honestly kind of hard to get to.

18. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits:
    I think the new Earthrise Starscream looks kinda ugly in robot mode. Maybe the figure would grow on me when I saw actual photos of the toy itself, but so far Earthrise Starscream in robot mode looks very blocky with its blocky and long torso.

The jet mode looks nice, however.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Kotori Sonoda

Kotori Sonoda Mihono Bourbon's hero

News Credits:
    Instagram:

Yeah something with how the bot mode looks doesn't sit right with me. The robot mode of the Siege Starscream looks better IMO.

• Like Like x 2
  20. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits:
    Same with me. The new Earthrise Starscream may have a better alt mode, but it's one of those TF toys that makes for a better jet fighter toy than a TF toy. The jet mode looks really nice, but the robot mode just looks blocky and oddly proportioned in the same way as the poorly aged Classics Seeker mold.