Unpopular toy opinions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NotRamjet97, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Droppin' Space Colonies

How exactly would you do small details like the badge and police logos on Prowl? Stickers that would erode over time?

2. Revan1307

Revan1307 Well-Known Member

the same thing they do on the main line transformers cause they don't chip paint

• Like Like x 3
  3. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    What he's talking about is all the paint on joints and panels that should have been cast in a different color plastic in the first place.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Droppin' Space Colonies

The nose on my CW Breakdown and the faceplate on my CW Viper beg to differ...though granted, both are the exact same shade of red paint on dark navy plastic, hmmm...

Ah ok, thanks. That makes more sense.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Slagwave

Slagwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just dropped by to say this post sold me on Crazybolt, who's currently available for a great price on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Transformers...560528979&s=gateway&sprefix=crazybolt+&sr=8-2

I neutered his gimmick and love both him and his little dragon minicon (I'm a huge fan of dragon beastformers). Thanks for the recommendation!

6. Razzy

Razzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hahah, welcome. Always happy to point out good toys people overlook.

Hmm, might get another one to also remove the gimmick. And yeah, never too much dragon transformers.

Cya
    Raziel-chan

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dachande

Dachande Pleasure Toast Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I dislike that the movie Constructicons combine. Devastator's alt mode was multiple construction vehicles, not bots. I bought Scrapmetal because I like the design and it's a good toy, but have no desire to buy the rest to build a Devastator I don't see as screen accurate.

8. DanC

DanC Delightful person

News Credits:
    Legit hilarious that there's going to be a Masterpiece Lio Convoy before, like, Jazz or Galvatron

9. Leopold Xerovsky

Leopold Xerovsky A well meaning Decepticon

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    And to salt the wound there's a movie Jazz coming out before either. Much as I respect the Porsche brand's right to do what they will with licensing, there will now be that many more Pontiac branded figures in people's houses and collections.

10. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Good luck selling your stuff in Japan

11. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Likes Alpha Bravo

Similarly, I wish the Studio Series Constructicons didn't combine into Devastator, but not for the same reason. The only reason Devastator and the Constructicons were both walking around separately in the movie was because ROTF was such a mismanaged mess and they couldn't even put two and two together and see that all the individual construction vehicle robots and the bigass gorilla robot made of the same damn vehicles were one and the same. I just think Devastator's design was trash but I like the Constructicon designs and I wish the toys weren't hampered by having to combine.

• Like Like x 2
  12. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Is this fact or speculation? Because I heard the reason the Devastator components were made separate from the other Constructicons is because they could not design such complex bots that could form individual robots AND a giant combiner. Mind you, this is also back when there was some form of coherence to the movie transformations...

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  13. smf2045

smf2045 Aficionado of Combiners

News Credits:
    I like Metroplex better than Fortress Maximus. Why? For starters, Metro has an integrated head.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  14. skywarpD26

skywarpD26 Well-Known Member

Magmatron is the best Beast Era leader and his figure is was well engineered for the time. I hope now that Lio Convoy has been given the Masterpiece treatment that Magmatron won't be far behind.

• Like Like x 5
  15. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

I genuinely would not have bought any of the Studio Series Constructicons if they hadn't been both individual robots and a Combiner. Otherwise, aside from a few extra Constructicons, what would be the point? What would make them new enough and interesting enough to justify a purchase? Okay, the designs are kind of interesting on their own, but not doing the whole Combiner thing would just have been only going halfway. Anyway, the two I have are pretty great despite being Combiner components.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    I'm in a similar boat. I don't think I would have bought new Mixmaster, Long Haul, Scavenger and Rampage without a combining gimmick, but I'd still have been interested in Hightower, Scrapmetal, etc who had not received a (non-legends) toy before. Hell, for the longest time I was hoping they'd just make a Scrapper - I was overjoyed that odd boys like Hightower and Overload are getting toys - AND they combine!

• Like Like x 3
  17. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Bite your face

Base mode I think 'plex is more successful as a city base (wish a third party had built a better chest ramp than he has as stock.) Robot wise with Sword/ blaster and giant Easter Island head, Max is the Victor _20161013_230230.JPG
    This is what they are watching on TV

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  18. Saberclaw84

Saberclaw84 Defensor’s Servant

Bay rushed ROTF into development to avoid the writers' guild strike happening at the time. It honestly takes the cake of being the low point for the first three films.
    I have a Deluxe Mudflap left over from the ROTF era, and he was just a hot mess. I have him half transformed in a bin of others stuff somewhere, and I'm never touching him again.

19. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Yeah I wouldn’t buy any of the constructicons unless they combined. I’m just a sucker for combiners...even if I’m not a big fan of the Bay Designs, something about them combining is just SO cool.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dachande

Dachande Pleasure Toast Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Opposite here. If they didn't combine I'd be all over them since I love the designs for the most part, though I think Hightower looks awful.

• Like Like x 1