Unpopular Opinions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by mrdecepticon, Feb 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Early Armada Scavanger like back when he was a "Decepticon mecernary"...was the absolute best incarnation of the character. I loved how he talked shit to all the Decepticons and got away with it all. Ward Perry's voice for him was epic.

It's a shame that it turned out that he was an Autobot mole all along, because hew was really dull and boring afterwards. They should have created Landmine in Armada if they wanted a good guy tough guy construction vehicle.

2. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like DOTM Optimus' design better than his design in TF1 and ROTF. Mainly because it makes no sense for there to be a weird red panel inside the nose of the truck. Would have preferred it if the DOTM design had a grille instead of random ab things, though.

3. Sideways77

Sideways77 useless lesbian

News Credits:
    What competition does he have? A boring guy who looked the same as the others, or the guy who never transformed into a robot?

Unpopular opinions:
    Windblade is better than Arcee.

The whole 'rule' that all Third Party has to be G1 needs to go away. Transformers is more than that bore-fest.

4. Honorbound

Honorbound Bayverse Optimus was in the right.

Ebay:
    I don't mind Age of Extinction's Transformium at all. The flying-through-the-air part might be over the top, but other than that, it works fine as an explanation for how Transformers transform, at least in my opinion. The name's a bit stupid, but I think we were intended to think that. I prefer to call it protomatter, like what TFs are made of in Transformers Animated.

I could see a future series blending transformium/protomatter transformations with traditional transformations. The big parts, like wheels, Optimus's chest windows, and various outer panels would remain relatively the same to save the Transformer energy when transforming, while the perfectly-replicated vehicular internal parts (like engine bits or seats) while use a protomatter-style transformation to create the parts that don't have a vehicle form analogue, like the hands, the head, and the robot mode internal mechanics. The protomatter wouldn't fly or separate, instead remaining connected for the entire transformation. Certain Transformers could pull off the "fly and/or separate" trick, but they would be few and far between.

5. Dragonzzilla

Dragonzzilla Well-Known Member

Sounds reasonable enough. Why not.

6. Honorbound

Ebay:
    Thanks, man.

7. Shinobitron

Shinobitron Cybertronian Ninja

Ebay:
    Movies are pure trash. A franchise that could have moving well thought out stories is reduced to juvenile humor and 2hrs of explosions. The name of the movie is transformers but we focus almost entirely on people. The plot is the same in all the movies as well: Get item, run away, go to city, fight in city, get to high place for final showdown.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2014
  8. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

I don't think this is an unpopular opinion.

9. Honorbound

Ebay:
    What Master Zero said. It's probably only an unpopular opinion among the non-TFfan, casual moviegoer demographic.

10. Megatron276

Megatron276 destroyer

Although I love the movies ....... Atleast you didn't insult anyone.

11. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's been a while since I've been in this thread, might as well update my unpopular opinions on Transformers as a whole.

-Beast Machines is an okay sequel to Beast Wars. In fairness, it's better than Energon and Prime.
    -Transformers Prime could have been the best show since Animated, had Hasbro not squandered the potential by forcing the Beast Hunters/Predacons storyline into season 3. Many story arcs and plot threads were either abandoned, abruptly cut out, or were rewritten because of this, since Beast Hunters was originally supposed to be season 4 of the show.
    -Characterization in Prime is non-existent; many of the characters suffer from Aesop Amnesia.
    -I still hate the movies and everyone involved with them. The movies have forever divided our fandom in two; damned if you like them, and damned if you don't.
    -Transformers toys in general have been pathetic since Aaron Archer left. There are a few gems out there, but I've lost interest in collecting since then.
    -Seasons 1 and 3 of the G1 cartoon actually had overarching plots and good characterization. Season 2 was just Hasbro whoring out as many new characters as possible.
    -I liked the human villains in Animated.
    -Fangirls really need to recheck G1 Starscream. I understand some women like bad boys, but Starscream's a whiner with delusions of grandeur. Plain and simple.
    -Human Alliance needs to make a comeback, preferably in Generations.
    -G1 Megatron's alternate mode as a gun is a dumb idea. Him being a tank fits so much better.
    -While I understand that Generation 1 is where the franchise started, it's really not all that great. If you want to make a new series based on Transformers, use your own ideas instead of trying to rehash G1 over and over again. Do something different.

12. Dragonzzilla

Dragonzzilla Well-Known Member

Hello. I'm part of Megatronus Anonymous. My name's Dragonzzilla.

13. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

The best alt mode for Megatron is a helicopter.

14. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    The characterization in Prime while sometimes flawed as overall pretty good.

As much as I like Lockdown's Animated design I think I dig his look in AOE more. I like how despite being more humanoid then the Movie Decepticons he still gives out a creepy and intense presence. Sometimes it's the sublte details on things that pop out the most.

The whole idea of the movies forever divided the TF fandom to me is just stupid. Even if the movies never happened there were already die hard splits that occured when shows like Beast Machines came to be and the franchise is likely going to have more shows that like that one way or another.

15. Matrix1981

Matrix1981 It's Hot Rod's fault...

After a glance at a side angle shot of Lambor/Sideswipe I've decided I don't like the mold. Hole in the calves, shoulders that don't look attached to the torso. Kinda stood out to me as just......ugly...

16. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

I partially agree with you on the first point.

As for Lockdown my favorite look for him is his ROTF toy and IDW Design, I think his movie design worked really well for him.

I definitely agree with the last point because there is no singularity that causes a difference in opinions among fandom.

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Touche but how he was depicted early on was the best thing that ever happened to Scavanger.

18. MelficeCyrum

MelficeCyrum Well-Known Member

Unpopular Opinion?

Transformers Universe (the online game) isn't really all that bad. It's plagued by the issue of a deluge of players who don't have any idea what they're doing, but it's not un-fun, and there's definitely potential there (especially since the game is basically a TFP AU where the 'Cons declare open war instead of trying to stay hidden). The game is just very new still and definitely needs tweaking, but I could definitely see myself liking it more.

19. Sideways77

Sideways77 useless lesbian

News Credits:
    Well, I forgot about the insane ant Scavenger.

HE WINZ.

20. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I don't really think Hercules looks great...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.