Unpopular Opinions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by mrdecepticon, Feb 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Indeed, I've certainly had a ton of fun these past years :D 

2. Escargon

Escargon Meh.

News Credits:
    Lord Chumley is a badass. He, Doctor Mocorro, and Angry Archer are the best human villains.

3. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    I really wish the comics would stop with the G1 rehashing and focus on a broader range of franchises. I feel that G1 was a product of the 80s and all the attempts at recapturing the magic, even the ones written by Furman, miss the mark. IDW should focus on the current franchise and some of the more forgotten ones, especially RiD. But no more not-quite-G1, please.

Basically, all of the comics from Dreamwave on, since they're actually supposed to be G1, but to me just don't work as G1. I'm more offended by them than anything in the Bayverse. At least they're not meant to be the originals. I might even like the current comics if IDW didn't market them as G1.

4. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    I'm really sick and tired of impossible transformations and designs.

It's all evident in the movies, the WFC/FOC games and Prime character designs.

There is little to no though of how the charater are supposed to go from one form to another. Don't give me the "but the toys managed to do it" shit. That's their job. And half the time the toy isn't screen acurate enought because there is no way to make those deisgns in toy form screeen acurate.

The designers are basically just creating a seperate design for the bot mode and the altmode that look kinda similar if you look in the distance but when the transfomation sequence starts they just EXPLODE into parts and then rearange themself into another form like they're made of legos.

When I see a character (unless it's a cybertronian design) I want to be able to tell what's he supposed to turn into without knowing it. I couldn't tell you for the life of me what any of the Prime designs are supposed to be until they transform.

And in case of cybertronian designs I want to be able to figure out the transfomation sequence by looking at the bot mode and then the alt mode. But then we get shit like FOC Megatron where his two modes look NOTING alike and FOC Optimus Prime where parts move in impossible directions.

I don't mind cheating when it comes to toys because toys are different and I don't mind cheating in transfomation when it comes to some part shrinking or becoming bigger during transfomation. I have a problem with part movin in IMPOSSIBLE ways and dissappearing and re-appearing at random.

5. Arsenic

Arsenic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Reading RID is more comfortable than reading MTMTE. MTMTE has better plot, but it's sometimes too dark and heartbreaking.

And that's why I don't like LSOTW that much. Roberts makes me care for general nobodies whom I even didn't know to exist, and mourn for their death. It makes my heart hurt.

6. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    In a future series, Thundercracker should be rebuilt into Jetfire.

7. bacon4e

bacon4e Resident Cheesehead

I have the same type of issues, especially because that's why I like transformers. As in, how it could work as far as engineering goes. Prime just kinda, like you said, explodes and reforms. I prefer something not too simple, but not shuffling parts this way and that. Like I said earlier, with the exception of good cybertronian modes, you need to make a robot out of a vehicle, not vice versa. There needs to be appealing kibble in order to make it even just slightly believable. As much as I love the games, some of the design choices really bugged me.

8. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I prefer the Prime designs over the Animated designs even though I don't hate the Animated designs at all.

TFA Starscream is highly overrated. His character's not all that special.

I like the transformation schemes in TFP,Movies and WFC/FOC.

I didn't find the Drift Miniseries to be all that bad.

Airachnid's not that horrible a character. There I said it. *Prepares to be attacked by an angry mob.*

I like the optics having pupils over ones that don't. It gives the character more soul in them. Though I do like the use of pupiless optics if used on the right characters.

I fail to see how we get the same type of casts that's been criticezed towards TFP when in truth we only had Optimus,Bumblebee and Ratchet appear in the franchise since the movies then in TFA,WFC then TFP. Everyone else just varies like Ironhide and Jazz in Movie 1,Bulkhead and Prowl in Animated and Arcee and Bulkhead in Prime. So it's actually changing from time to time except for Optimus,Bumblebee and Ratchet.

9. Teletran 2

Teletran 2 I'm cyber and you know it

Bumblebee need his voice again, or just trash him and replace him with Goldbug.

10. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    Goldbug ftw

11. Teletran 2

Teletran 2 I'm cyber and you know it

Thats right, we can not get enouth of Goldbug.

12. LordGigaIce

LordGigaIce A Chair!

Yeah, but that's kind of like being the hottest waitress at Denny's.

13. bacon4e

HA!

I hate it when MP's have "articulated" hands that have three or four fingers curled and molded together and one finger still gnarled but on its own joint. Like MP grimlock, or most of the alternators.

14. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I LOVE the Movie transformations :D 

15. Jamocha101

Jamocha101 Well-Known Member

Autobot deaths are not crucial.

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Neither are Decepticons deaths.

We need to go back to Cybertron and Animated's design the toys and show models at the same time instead of making it up on the fly.

17. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    Kurtwood Smith would've been a Good Ratchet in Prime. There making Jeffrey Combs Extremly Overratted.

18. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    You are dead to me.

19. LordPrime

LordPrime Dark Lord

How dare you, sir, Jeffrey Combs is awesome. :wink: 

20. bacon4e

Jeffery combs has had a lot of work all over the place recently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.