Unpopular opinions (Non Transformers only)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ironhide1706, Feb 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Totally agree. I personally have no interest in watching the Snyder Cut (I have yet to even see the Whedon version), but I think it's cool that it exists since Zack Snyder never got to finish the project he started. As an artist myself, I know how upsetting it would be to have a project taken away from you that you spent months (or even years) working on.

But a lot of the time "I want an extended cut" just means "I want more footage". Which is fine, but...I'd prefer they just release the best deleted scenes as features on a DVD or on YouTube. Not every movie needs an extended cut. I think having multiple cuts of movies just tends to make things more confusing. You end up with the Blade Runner problem of not knowing which is the right one to watch. Aside from a few exceptions like the Snyder Cut, I think most movies should just be left the way they were released.

I think what needs to be normalized is not rushing movies and ending up with a half-baked product. Like, I don't really want a Rise of Skywalker extended cut that attempts to make a bit more sense of the story. The damage has been done. That movie needed more time in the script stage, and they blew it by insisting the ST movies be released every two years instead of three. No extended cut would change that. At most you might end up with something slightly more coherent. At this point I'd prefer they just devote their effort to making sure whatever comes next doesn't have the same problem.

I intended to change mine once or twice a year, but I've had the same one since early 2019, lol. I was going to keep it set for as long as it took me to watch all the Disney Zorro episodes, but then I got busy and forgot to finish. I keep meaning to change it, I just need to find something good to replace it with.

2. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Golf and bowling are both elitist faux-sports that actually do you more harm than good. Golfing causes sprains in the ankles, tendinitis in the ankle and foot bones, and inflammation while bowling takes a toll on your fingers lifting and bending to grip those heavy-ass bowling balls. The horror stories I've heard about both from my dad far outnumber those I hear about football, badminton, basketball, or swimming.

I've been to both golf courses and bowling alleys with my dad. He used to play them both when I wasn't born yet. The cost just one game takes is absurd.

Sports should be affordable and accessible for anyone who wants to play it.

I could go to a badminton course and play badminton with friends if I wanted to for free. Renting the place for the day, if I recall correctly, was around $20 - again, *whole day*. I could also go to my neighbourhood swimming pool to swim with a ticket that cost something like $1. There was also no limit as to how long I could stay there - it also had free WiFi and a cafe.

On the other hand, one game of golf cost around $50 (with all the balls you had to buy) and the bowling game cost around $70.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Bee427

Bee427 Still here and queer

Wow, I had no idea about bowling :0 I play it for fun sometimes (pretty rarely) but I can definitely see how it could mess up someone's body if they play it very often.
    ...There are horror stories about badminton?

4. RevengeOfTheFallenIsGood

RevengeOfTheFallenIsGood Ironman? Sounds like a domestic product to me.

Age of Ultron and Iron Man 3 were good.

• Like Like x 12
  5. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just hope that the success of the Snyder Cut couple with the failure of Rise of Skywalker starts hammering it into studio execs' thick skulls that they can't write a movie (or in SW's case, trilogy) by committee and expect it to be good or comprehensible. You need an actual filmmaker with some kind of artistic vision making the creative decisions.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Noble1skull

Noble1skull currently living

Every first person shooter should do what Metro Exodus does: either remove hud elements or turn them into real world items. I started playing it a bit because I've heard it be described as immersive and realistic, but I didn't expect it to be this good. I always thought games were better with next to no hud, and this game proves that. So basically, my unpopular opinion is: remove huds and get creative with how maps, health, and crafting are implemented into your games. Don't just slap em on a pause menu, make em a part of the world your playing in.

• Like Like x 2
  7. JamieBGood

JamieBGood Member

Batman is the least interesting character in almost every Batman story.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    I love Age of Ultron.

• Like Like x 1
  9. CannonBlaster

CannonBlaster Well-Known Member

The 90s Night of the Living Dead remake is better than the original

• Like Like x 3
  10. Hail Galvatron

Hail Galvatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hate Star Wars. Not just one era. Not just the prequels. Not just the sequels. Not just the Expanded Universe. All of Star Wars. I find it bland, boring, soulless... I think Harlan Ellison, Harrison Ford, and Alec Guinness were right about it. Had George Lucas not also co-created Indiana Jones (which I love), I'd consider him the biggest blight in the history of cinema.

There's far, far better space operas out there.

• Like Like x 1
  11. RevengeOfTheFallenIsGood

I, as a fan, start to reciprocate that too; not because of the sequel trilogy, but because of the fan-base. GotG is much better and it’s not even space war-fare.
    I think fans get a little too emotional with Star Wars, I’m becoming a little tired of it. And it’s falling out of relevance; the kids are more interested in Marvel and DC.

• Like Like x 7
  12. Noble1skull

Noble1skull currently living

Joker is kinda overrated. Seriously, he is so overused at this point. Please, DC, choose literally any other villain to focus on that isn't the clown prince of crime. I do generally like his character, but I'd also like to see more of people like Scarecrow, The Riddler, Clay face, Bane, and most other Batman villains.

• Like Like x 7
  13. RevengeOfTheFallenIsGood

Who?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

I always think it would be really cool to be a kid and teenager again but then I realize that I don't want to learn all those painful lessons all over again. Growing up is hard and challenging. There's really good times but there's also a great deal of pain involved in it.

I wouldn't want to go through those bad times and struggles again just to experience the goods things once more.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Deadpool1287

Deadpool1287 Renegade

That's why I like Arkham Knight so much. Yeah, they shoehorned Joker into it somehow, but Scarecrow being the main bad guy was a nice breath of fresh air.

• Like Like x 4
  16. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

That's an unpopular opinion?

That movie is hella scary!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    It is, but the original is put on a pedestal, and for some good reasons too being the first for a lot of things. Hell, I even own the Criterion Collection version.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Bee427

Bee427 Still here and queer

Princess Mononoke might be Studio Ghibli's most perfect movie. I literally can't think of anything wrong with it.

19. CannonBlaster

CannonBlaster Well-Known Member

I’ve seen people give it a lot of hate online

• Like Like x 1
  20. lil society vert

lil society vert luv is rage 2/chainsaw man supremacist

AoT’s ending isn’t that bad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.