Unpopular opinions (Non Transformers only)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ironhide1706, Feb 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Reddit mod rank achieved

News Credits:
    You sicken me.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Pudglor Shmormuff

Pudglor Shmormuff Well-Known Member

I find Little Women: Atlanta to be one of the funniest f-ing shows I've ever seen.

I know it's not nice to laugh at deformities, but come on....I think it's safe to say that anyone who's seen it has laughed for at LEAST 1 minute.

"What's so funny about it?"- Have you seen these little women twerk? It's HYSTERICAL.

Left Cheek, Right Cheek, and the Tiny Twins- watching them twerk, to me, is absolutely hilarious.

I watched 3 episodes last night, and I was brought to tears 3 times- from laughing so hard. I'm sure my neighbors heard me. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  3. WEEGEE

News Credits:
    You're not alone. Little people are hilarious. I respect them as legitimate human beings but they are f*#kin funny.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Koei Tecmo still knows how to keep the basement market happy, they had a DOA6 stream earlier in the year that ended up getting cut off by the event as it largely consisted of two over enthusiastic underwear models and a very in-depth look at photo mode zooming.

5. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    I never want to have kids.

And don’t say to me “that will change when you get older” or “when you get married, you’ll change your mind” Because it won’t. It really won’t. I don’t say this out of a hatred for kids, because I don’t hate them. I just don’t want any.

• Like Like x 1
  6. grindcore138

grindcore138 桐生会は不滅なり!

News Credits:
    Samesies, and becoming an uncle has only further solidified that decision. It's mindbottling that there are people who genuinely think being childfree is a selfish choice, I don't even understand the logic there.
    I'm not in a relationship, nor am I in any kind of rush to be in one, but I'm planning on getting a vasectomy at some point soon just so kids aren't even a remote possibility, I'm just hoping I don't get any of that "but you're only 29, what if you change your mind?/What if your future partner wants children? Come back in X years, etc." bullshit. Yeah, no, my mind has been made up for years, just snip them vas deferens and get it over with, bro.

• Like Like x 3
  7. WEEGEE

News Credits:
    Don't you know it's a crime to live for yourself.

• Like Like x 3
  8. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

I'm an uncle of a 6, 3 and soon to be 1 year old nephews And I babysit them when my sister and her husband work.

I feed them, the older ones are potty trained (thank goodness) and I try to convince my dad to change the baby's diaper. I puke when I see poop and I'm a bit of a germaphobe. Must wash hands every 20 minutes.

The two older ones are into superheroes so my Batman, Spider-Man, Superman, Hulk, Justice League Unlimited, X-MEN DVD collection keeps them entertained.

If this is Parenthood, I'm ready. Though the changing of poopy diapers requires me to wear a hazmat suit.

9. WEEGEE

News Credits:
    I sympathize with you bruh.

• Like Like x 1
  10. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    In my opinion if someone is absolutely convinced that they don't want children they should have access to cheap or free sterilization procedures.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 What to type here?

News Credits:
    While I don’t want any tiny humans myself, I also want to keep myself “intact” as it were.

Unpopular Opinion: sushi is one of the most disgusting foods known to man.

• Like Like x 2
  12. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    Which is why I said access, not forced sterilization. My thought, though, is that people who DO know they never want kids that only practice fallible birth control only add to issues we shouldn't be having.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

My spawn would be the Antichrist. For the sake of you all I dare not have any children.

• Like Like x 7
  14. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    I know. I wasn’t trying to be antagonistic or anything. I know getting snipped/clipped is common for people who don’t want kids. I was just expressing my unpopular opinion that I don’t want to do that to myself. :)  And I don’t think I have to worry about accidentally making any lil’ BWF95s, as I have never even kissed anyone before! Oh, I have another unpopular opinion: kissing is gross. I mean who knows where that person’s mouth has been!?

• Like Like x 2
  15. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    I agree. I don't get why some people view not having kids or even not getting married as 'selfish'. It's bizarre to me. Having kids is a huge time and money consuming commitment, and I don't blame someone for not wanting kids. If the human race were in danger of going extinct from lack of reproduction, I might agree with the idea that it's selfish. But if anything, overpopulation seems to be a more likely issue. In the not-so-distant future, having kids could very well be more selfish than not having kids.

I personally go back and forth on whether I want to get married and have kids or not. I've never fallen in love, or met someone who I could imagine spending my life with. I'm very picky about people. At the same time though, I also don't want to regret not having a family when I'm 50 or 60 years old. It's kind of a question I've been struggling with recently.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    So, here's a Star Wars related unpopular opinion of mine; While I enjoy Star Wars' characters and some of the plot ideas... the overall stories (even the "untouchable" OT) I find either underwhelming, come off as poorly written, or simply don't line up with the rest of their intended trilogy well IMPO even if they're a decent stand alone film.

• Like Like x 4
  17. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    Mad Stan is the best Batman Beyond villain.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    Star Wars is one of those franchises where the expanded lore is more interesting than the core fiction. Shame it all got trashed by Disney for more “Heroic Rebels vs. Evil Empire” stories.

• Like Like x 8
  19. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

The original trilogy is mostly an amalgamation of different things, Flash Gordon and the Kurosawa films being the most notable. I don't hate on things that do that per say, if they're done well. Halo and Mortal Kombat are good examples of that also being done well imo.

I think the biggest things the original SW had going for it were the brilliant designs of Ralph McQuarrie and the world building by Lucas. From the very first scene you get a sense of that universe having a long and interesting history that you want to know more about. It's not so much the main story but everything that's going on around that main story that draws you in.

No, they aren't great movies, they're really just B movies that became more popular than those that worked on it ever anticipated. It's the complete immersion in that universe that makes them so fun though. And the interesting characters that occupy it.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  20. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    Star Trek > Star Wars. Always has been, always will be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.