Unpopular opinions (Non Transformers only)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ironhide1706, Feb 27, 2012.

1. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    Is it bad that I'm curious of why that is? Is it because the redditor is looking for easy likes, or is it rooted in anime itself? Has it become too mainstream that it simply suffers the "Deadpool" effect? Or even perhaps that anime memes are just not up to par with the olden "Y U" memes of yesteryear? Could it even be the art itself? Focusing on the eyes, the thighs and the "plot"? Only you know these answers....

.....I'm overthinking this...Why am I like this anymore?!?!

• Like Like x 4
  2. Drangleic

Drangleic Insult to injury

Just not a fan of anime. I like Mega Man, Street Fighter and Zelda but not much more. The art style doesn't appeal to me. Everyone looks like they are 10 years old which becomes especially disturbing when they try to make it sexy or erotic.

• Like Like x 5
  3. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    *Nods in acceptance*

• Like Like x 2
  4. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    You’ve clearly never seen JoJo.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Drangleic

Can't say I have. But like everything there is always exceptions, right?

• Like Like x 2
  6. FrozenFishLurker

FrozenFishLurker Watching & Waiting

YouTube:
    id advise you to to stay away from 4chan then buddy you'll die of anime overdose desu
    Im already dead inside
    KBqCPanq.jpg +_b2bb2e01986e935f9d5cc0b69d464ce6.gif 1560745626405.gif
    I could show you all my anime girls folder but that would be overkill
    and i would be banned so no
    but what am i saying with how the site is you'll stay away anyway right ?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  7. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    No, he probably won't. However, I have seen people mute weebs before because of their lack of self control when spamming useless things that they think everyone else cares about as much as them.

• Like Like x 5
  8. FrozenFishLurker

YouTube:
    ah yes the spammers they are an interesting bunch but fear not good sir I am a /m/an of culture,dignity and fanciness
    I will not stoop to those troglodytes level of shitposting you have my anons oath if that means anything at all
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

New Coke is pretty good.

10. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave The Fox

News Credits:
    Related to anime, I find it weird how obsessive some anime fans get over their shows. When I talk with people about Star Wars, or Marvel, or other 'nerdy' topics, the conversation tends to be somewhat measured and mature. Obviously we don't have super intellectual conversations, but we talk about accessible stuff like character development, storytelling, filmmaking, etc. But a lot of anime people I've talked to tend to ramble about minute and surface-level stuff, like how awesome a character's super power is or something. It would be like me spending 15 minutes talking about the technicalities of how the Transformers scan vehicle modes. I generally understand that other people don't care about that sort of thing, so I take it to a forum (like this) where people do like to discuss it. If I had a dollar for every time I've heard someone go on a loooong tangent about something insignificant in an anime they watched, I'd be rich. A lot of these people also talk like I'm familiar with the show, even though I'm not.

I've also noticed this with some gamers. I've had people explain in-depth why certain controls are bad, and exactly why they're bad. When talking to someone who hasn't played the game, all you really need to say is "that game has bad controls". I won't be able to relate to anything much more in-depth than that, because I've never played the game.

Obviously this is a generalization, I have talked to some very mature anime fans and gamers. But I do find it a bit weird how fans of these two things seem to be a bit more obsessive than the average 'nerd'.

• Like Like x 3
  11. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

post made on February 27, 2012.

4 months later, I ate a Krispy Kreme donut and enjoyed it.

I guess that's how I got fat. Lulz.

Besides the glazed donut, I like jelly donuts, powered donuts, oatmeal donuts (have a tough time finding them) and many others.

It is not that I won't eat them (because I don't like to waste food) but some kinds I don't like that much, like sprinkles, pure chocolate donuts (the bread part is not as soft as other donuts) and I don't like that donut burger.

Donut, 2 inch thick meat Patty with cheese inside, tomato, lettuce, a fried egg, BACON! Everyone loves bacon, another slice of cheese, chocolate syrup, peanut butter, more bacon and finish it with another donut.

(Raps) "this is why yo' fat
    This is why yo' fat
    This is why
    This is why
    This is why yo' fat"

• Like Like x 5
  12. FrozenFishLurker

YouTube:
    eh I think every fanbase has those sort of people and frankly I dont have any opinion or really mind on those people who go of on tangents mostly cause im so damn used to it
    happening im desensitized and its kinda funny to read but I can see how it can get annoying like "oh this is the 34265'th tangent this month wow time to abandon thread"

• Like Like x 2
  13. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

Ok, the girl swinging her arms and the dancing girl are the cutest thing I've seen today.

The close up of the girl reads

"See my face? This is my scheming face. I squint my eyes a bit and-BACKOFF!!!"

• Like Like x 2
  14. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    JoJo is some weird sh!t.....but it's surprising good. I finally started watching golden wind after I saw some clips on youtube and realized the ending song was freekin you by Jodeci.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Drangleic

Jodeci? They were the kings of the 90s middle school dance. :lol 

16. Sixwing

Sixwing What did you mean by "in Tribble"?

I love donuts and baked goods in general. Cream/pudding filled are my favorites.

• Like Like x 1
  17. grindcore138

grindcore138 Handsome like an F-22

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Gamers need to shut the fuck up.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Pudglor Shmormuff

Pudglor Shmormuff Well-Known Member

I don't think Seth Rogan's a good enough actor to star in his own films.

I've noticed that Seth Rogan always stars in his own films, and I've walked away thinking: It was funny, but it would've been WAY funnier if he had chosen another actor for the lead role VS himself.

Seth Rogan clearly wants all the credit- he wants to produce, direct, and act in all his films- but it's tough to do that if you aren't 10/10 in all those areas- and I feel his acting isn't that great.

He's got good ideas for movies, he can write and create somewhat decent comedy- but a film's ideas are only as good as the actors chosen to portray and execute them- otherwise you get audience members like me feeling the way we do: Good idea, but it would've been way funnier if somebody else had acted it out.

Another problem with being the star of his own movies: He doesn't have to audition or prove himself to anyone.

When you're funding and backing the film, you're completely in charge- so he doesn't have to audition or prove his acting skills at all- he just decides "Yep, I'm playing that guy."- and bingo. Done.

That's why I feel his movies have gotten the reviews they have- at least the negative ones- because if you don't have to audition for anything, then you never have to face criticism, and if you never have to face criticism, then you never have to improve- so he's just gonna keep starring in his own movies, but never getting better- because he never has to EARN his role- he just does it.

That's why every time I see a new Seth Rogan film come out, these days I'm like: I'm sure it's funny, but it just won't be as funny as it COULD be- because HE'S the star. Let somebody else take a shot at it.

This is one of those situations where clearly his mentality is "They're my movies. It's my money, my work, and if I want to be the star, then I will. Piss off."

And he'd be right: They ARE his movies, and it IS his choice- but don't expect blockbuster numbers from your movies if your acting skills aren't good enough to push the ideas to their full comedic potential. They'll fall short.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Likes Alpha Bravo

...what did they say?

• Like Like x 2
  20. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    I bet it's a good amount of people watching Jojo that got made in part to freekin you.

• Like Like x 1