Unpopular opinions (Non Transformers only)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ironhide1706, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Pudglor Shmormuff

Pudglor Shmormuff Well-Known Member

Perhaps you should test your theory and drink some piss- because I used to hate beer too, but we eventually became great pals- and now, every time I order a tall glass of Blue Moon: It feels like Christmas. ^_^

2. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    No, I just really like that franchise's pizza.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pudglor Shmormuff

What annoys me is when people get tattoos all over, but then they complain about not being able to find a decent paying job.

One of my exes was an amateur tattoo artist, she had them all over, but then she'd complain about wanting to "better herself," and I was like: THEN STOP COVERING YOURSELF IN TATTOOS, TAKE YOUR PIERCINGS OUT, QUIT THE RAINBOW HAIR, AND CLEAN YOURSELF UP- LOOK PRESENTABLE. NO EMPLOYER WANTS A CARTOON CHARACTER-LOOKING PUNK IN THEIR OFFICE- IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY.

She would apply for office jobs, but then complain when she got rejected or no calls back- and I was like: You have a cupcake tattoo on your ankle, stars on your hands and forearms, rainbow hair, facial piercings, and you honestly expect to walk into an office interview and be taken seriously? I'm sorry hun, but that's not gonna happen- at least not around here.

"That shouldn't matter"- AH TAH TAH TAH....you have much to learn honey: It's not what you want, it's what the COMPANY wants. Understand? That's how the fucking business world works. It's NEVER about you, it's all about the company's wants, the company's needs, the company's expectations, the company's plans- it's the company's way or GTFO.

You want to join the company? Then you have to walk, talk, and dress like the company- because the business world is very sensitive and a stickler for office etiquette, corporate image, and things like that- you can't work in an office wearing a damn clown suit or looking like Tekashi 69- it doesn't work that way.

She never got it.....I'd tell her over and over and over, but she'd just make it all about her, "I deserve the same chances everyone else gets!"- NOT IF YOU LOOK LIKE A DAMN RODEO CLOWN OR BISEXUAL GANG MEMBER!

You can't cover yourself in tattoos, piercings, dye your hair like a rainbow, and then get shocked/offended when you have trouble finding a decent job- because you KNOW what an office employee looks like, you KNOW what a business man/woman looks like, so you should know what's expected of you before applying to a place like that- it's common sense.

And when these rough-looking people talk about "bettering themselves," my first response is: Well, if you want to make more money then you have to look like somebody who does exactly that, and the last time I checked: Clowns and hippies aren't exactly what high-paying companies are looking for. You need to clean yourself up. You have to look the part too.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Nope. That's not what I get out of Nihilism at all. Recognizing and believing that nothing we do, say, etc. truly matters is different from "not having any fight". Existence is meaningless and any meaning applied is based on personal perception and learned/taught perception, but that doesn't mean I don't want to enjoy muself while I'm here or that I won't stand up for things "that actually matter". Frankly, the fact that I believe it's all meaning applied to life is existential nonsense has made me more confrontational/open a person than I once was, but I'm also just as likely to quietly laugh at ignorant buffoonery because I simply don't see it as important enough to bother with.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

Ok, have fun with that.

Clearly you can't see the end of your supposedly embraced philosophy. Run it all the way through and see how it works out for you.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  6. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    Couldn’t have said this better myself, literally. Glad to see I’m not the only person who is a nihilist in this way.
    Your clearly don’t understand what Nihilism is then, because it’s not really a philosphy, it’s an understanding. We don’t look at the universe and go “oh, boo hoo, theres no point in anything I’ll just give up!” It’s understanding that there is no actual value/that the values we humans have placed onto things are not real, and that they have no bearing onto the universe itself. There is no point to anything, but... that doesn’t mean that I can’t understand that, and try to enjoy my life while I am still here.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

My understanding of Nihilism is meaningless so it's ultimately unimportant if I truly understand it or not. I can call nihilism whatever I want and attach any meaning to it I wish to. It doesn't matter. Nothing is concrete.

Holy shit, I think I just demonstrated Nihilism.

Neither of you 2 are actually nihilists btw. A creature of needs and wants cannot ever truly be one.

Philosophy is my jam. You guys don't want to tango with me in this subject.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  8. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Join communist pack?

News Credits:
    I know you probably took this post/rant seriously but this part just made me laugh.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Pudglor Shmormuff

You laughed reading it, and I laughed writing it. Today- we're brothers. LOL

Plus, I know I can't be the only person who looks at Tekashi 69 and goes: Yeah there's no damn way that guy's 100% straight- no way...

"I don't f with old hoes, only new hoes!!"- Dude come on...remove the S from Scum gang and that's what he really wants- and if not: He definitely had me fooled...

JOKER POINTING.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    People like to “skip” over thanksgiving and go straight to Christmas because thanksgiving dosent involve then getting anything.

11. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Then your parents must be the worst cooks ever. I get at least a week of leftovers on top of the most full I've ever been in my life every Thanksgiving.

• Like Like x 2
  12. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    You're never too old to go trick-or-treating!

• Like Like x 4
  13. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    Ugh i like thanks giving and the food that is made. Totally misread what i said.

14. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I ship Elsa + Anna

15. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    Zach Galifianakis sucked as the Joker in the Lego Batman movie. It should have been Steve Carell.

16. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

Inflatable mattresses always suck.There are no good ones. Better off sleeping on the floor than on one of those.

I just wish we'd have chicken instead of turkey. Turkey isn't as great as people make it out to be.

17. grindcore138

grindcore138 a

News Credits:
    Ah, but I already know what piss tastes like because I've drank beer ;) . For serious though, I've tried various different beers over the years and all that comes through to me is the bitterness, it just seems like something you have to "acquire a taste for", which isn't something I'm inclined to do when I rarely drink anymore as it is.
    There's a reason hand, throat and facial tattoos are known as Job-Stoppers, some tattoo artists even refuse to do them, either entirely or at their discretion (is the client already extensively tattooed, age, career etc.). It's a good gauge of whether someone's really considered their tattoos that they then go on to complain that they can't find a decent job because of them. Unless they're planning on going into a field where visible body art isn't an issue, or can just cover them up if needed, then they've got no one else to blame if their poorly thought out knuckle tats come back to bite them in the ass.

18. Pudglor Shmormuff

Have you tried hard cider? I'm a fan of that too.

Hornesbees, Angry Orchard, Reds, Woodchuck, Strongbow- All delicious hard ciders.

When it comes to people riddled with tattoos, I met people like that at my college, and it blew me away because at college age your life has barely begun- you know? Especially your professional life.

So I'd meet people riddled head to toe with tats and my first thought would be: You don't really expect them to call you back- do you? It doesn't matter where you go after graduation, you're gonna have a considerably tough time finding a decent paying job once you're out of here.

It's like shooting yourself in the foot before a marathon- I don't understand what they expect to find while looking like that.

• Like Like x 1
  19. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    Linkin Park is really good, and they only improved with time.

• Like Like x 6
  20. Dachande

Dachande Pleasure Toast Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    One of the few bands that did.
    Unlike Disturbed and Five Finger Death Punch.