Unpopular opinions (Non Transformers only)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ironhide1706, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    If you get a pizza who's crust is just a tad too dense, dipping that in ranch is a nice way of finishing it off.

• Like Like x 1
  2. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Garlic butter or Alfredo sauce is better, honestly, and doesn't conflict as much with the flavor palate.

• Like Like x 3
  3. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Bug Drone

Agreed!
    Many years ago when I was a lowly security guard, I was sent to a post at Grand Central Terminal. There was a designated break room downstairs for the porters, security guards etc. Along the rear wall of the room was about 4 toilet stalls. They had doors but that's all, no wall or partition. My first day when break time comes around I go downstairs and I'm sitting at the table with a soda and my magazine. I'm not even using the bathrooms mind you but I'm sitting right there like a couple feet from these stalls. There were a couple other guys at the table eating their baloney sandwiches or what have you. One of them gets up and goes into a stall. A monsoon complete with thunder erupted from this man. If I may quote Professor Farnsworth "he was lucky he had any bones left". Every noise imaginable was coming out of both ends of him.. he was grunting and heaving and making sounds like bombs going off. In between huffs and puffs he's telling the other fellas who are sitting there eating their baloney sandwiches like it's nothing, that he's on some sort of all liquid diet and it's doing a real number on his innards. By that point I had gotten the hell outta there.. the sounds and the smell were enough to kill a small army. Next time I worked that building when break time came around.. I took a walk.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Depends on the crust; on some cheaper pizza the crust is still like half an inch thick with absolutely no cheese or tomato on it. Just pure baked dough. So at that stage what you dip it in is rather academic.

5. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I gotta get this out of the way but...

I generally don't like using the like button all too much on any social media platform. I just like living by my own words.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    hahaha

• Like Like x 1
  7. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

On the pizza topic, I detest Chicago style. The sauce is really bad. Like if someone who doesn't know what they're doing made tomato sauce.

New York style is the best. Sicilian runner up.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    Gotta second this. It’s New York or nothing.

• Like Like x 2
  9. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Join communist pack?

News Credits:
    Third seriously good stuff.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:

11. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    There's a pizza chain in Indiana called Pizza King, and I have yet to find a pizza in the WORLD that can compare to it.

12. grindcore138

grindcore138 I'm tryin' to get a Sprite sponsorship

News Credits:
    All beer tastes exactly the same and the flavour is piss. Also I don't think anyone actually likes Guinness because it literally tastes of mud.

13. CyberBlade507

CyberBlade507 Well-Known Member

Ever tried Arni's? If I remember right one split from the other at some point. At the least they have the same style. At any rate I've always preferred Arni's to Pizza King. But my one true pizza love is Mother Bear's in Bloomington, IN.

Shame I can only eat any of them when visiting family these days.

14. Pudglor Shmormuff

Pudglor Shmormuff Well-Known Member

Sounds super-brutal, I'm sorry you had to witness that. (hugs)

Whenever Phantom of the Opera is in St. Louis, my family and I will go to the Fox Theater to see it - and the bathrooms are located beneath theater-level, you have to take stairs down to access them, and it's pretty cool actually: You go down the stairs, and it opens up to a lounge-like area- with comfy sofas and furniture for you to wait if necessary- then you walk through a corridor, and there's a GIANT bathroom, split up into 2 sides: urinals on 1 side, and stalls on the other. Black and white tiles all over the walls, fancy sinks- it's a pretty nice bathroom.

We had about 15 minutes before it started, and I had to go- so I ran down there real quick, but I made a mistake: I didn't consider that every other guy would ALSO be trying to do the same thing.
    (Of course they would! But I'm out of it sometimes, so it just slipped my mind...)

I walk in there, I walk to the stall side, and what I heard.....it was like an orchestra of asses- every sound you could hear from a stall was being made, and the smells were horrid.

And to make things worse: There were so many guys in line that it was almost like an assembly line pace- you hop in, do your business, hop out, the next guy hops in, and so on- 1234, 1234- let's go soldiers!

I can't use the bathroom that way. I can't just hop in, take an instant BLEH, and hop out- I don't work that way. I need time, I need to relax, get comfortable, and let my body do it's thing.

So I picked my stall, and I stayed in there for probably a good 10 minutes- and I honestly felt like I got hit by a barrage of dumps left and right- because the rest of the men kept up the assembly line pace and kept going quickly- so I just got HAMMERED with sounds and smells left and right- I felt like I was a soldier taking artillery fire, only it was dumps.

(Looks left and right) Are these men crazy? You can't push yourself like that, you'll pull or damage something! Relax!

Luckily, I got out of there and back to my seat JUST as the lights went out and the production started- but man, that was insane. 0_0

• Like Like x 2
  15. Dachande

Dachande Formerly Yaujta... Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Back when I drank soda I would dip the crust in Mountain Dew. Just like dipping fries in a milkshake, the sweet and salty flavor was really tasty. Used to dip pretzel sticks in MtD as well.

• Like Like x 1
  16. King Glurch

King Glurch You're a fool, Starscream!

YouTube:
    That might actually be good.

I like dipping those tiny chocolate donuts in Pepsi.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

I'll give it a try if I'm ever out there but I doubt it will touch some Brooklyn spots.

18. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    It's a thin crust pizza where the toppings are chopped/fixed fine enough to coat the entire face of the pizza. EVERY bite of a sausage pepperoni pizza is a bite of cheese, sauce, full toppings, and crust.

• Like Like x 1
  19. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Join communist pack?

News Credits:
    Well thanks @G1Prowl now I'm so hungry I need to hunt down some quality pizza.

• Like Like x 1
  20. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Waluigi is ludicrously overrated.

• Like Like x 1