Unpopular opinions (Non Transformers only)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ironhide1706, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    All public restrooms should be single stall-sized rooms, completely closed with a full door and real walls. Good ventilation. White noise generators.

As a guy, has anyone else noticed how “splashy” most urinals are? Some designs seem to ricochet almost as much tinkle back out as stays in.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Dachande

Dachande Pleasure Toast Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm a "stall-staller". I'll wait until the room is empty before utilizing the facilities.

What's almost as bad are the toilets that apparently have superchargers in the pipes and gift you with a very cold, very shocking "Poseidon's Kiss" upon flushing.

• Like Like x 4
  3. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    I agree with the above, which also satiates some... arguing over restrooms these past few years.

And as far as splashy urinals: there is a newish brand of urinal splash guard that looks like a Bristle Block, and those things diffuse the splash completely.

4. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave The Fox

News Credits:
    I disagree with the common notion that storytelling is the ultimate factor in determining whether or not a piece of entertainment is good.

Don't get me wrong, storytelling is important, but for me stuff like visual design, premise, and even humor can equally make or break a movie/show/etc.

For instance, take Solo...the story is arguably the blandest and most predictable of the new Star Wars movies, yet I'd probably rank Solo above TFA and TLJ simply because the settings, spaceship designs, costumes, situations, etc. are more interesting to me.

While typing in a different thread I realized that 'good stories' aren't even in my top three reasons for loving the Transformers brand (those are premise, design work, and characters), yet Transformers is still one of my favorite franchises ever.

I agree that public restrooms are pretty gross. I don't mind going 'number 1' if someone is in the next stall (I absolutely refuse to use urinals, lol), but I generally go to a different restroom if I need to go 'number 2'. I spend a good amount of time on campus, and thankfully they have a couple single-person/gender-neutral restrooms, so I often go to those.

On a related note, I personally feel like multi-stall restrooms should be banned by law in public places. In other words, only single-person restrooms allowed. I get that it would be kind of expensive for businesses to completely remodel their restrooms, but...tough. It would be a lot more sanitary/less gross, plus it would eliminate the, er...social bathroom issues that have popped up in recent years.

• Like Like x 1
  5. xolta

xolta Well-Known Member

1.Kingdom of the crystal skull isnt as bad as people say. 2.Titan Ae is good. 3.beast wars is the best tf show 4. Pixar hasn't relay made a good movie scene toy story 3 5. sonic adventure 2 is fine 6. I love the dune movie 7. Shin Gojia bores me 8. horse raddish is tasty 9.dipping pizza into rach dressing is gross
    10. Kethup on eggs is tasty.

• Like Like x 2
  6. King Glurch

King Glurch You're a fool, Starscream!

YouTube:
    Wait, is that a thing people do? That sounds disgusting.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Pudglor Shmormuff

Pudglor Shmormuff Well-Known Member

I went through a period in college where I put ranch on everything, and my fraternity liked to eat together every day, so we'd grab several tables and make a 20-30 person luncheon in our corner of the cafeteria- and they started to notice what I'd been doing for several weeks, and one of them dared me, "Put ranch on top of your ice cream and take a bite."

They didn't know that I was basically brought up to eat just about anything- my parents did their absolute best to make sure I had a well-rounded upbringing and flexible pallet- so no matter where I went, or who I met: I'd be able to adjust accordingly, and not offend anyone- especially when it came to food.

And I CAN eat just about anything- except: fish and other sea food. I find it to be the most disgusting thing ever served. The meat's too soft, it tastes horrible, it smells horrible, and the aftertaste lasts way too long- it won't go away. Bleh...

I also won't eat giant insects on a stick- which they offer on the street in China (my uncle went there- he told me all about it- it's disgusting what they offer in certain places over there).

ANYWAY- I took the dare: Poured ranch all over my ice cream, mixed it in (so it was nice and evenly blended), took a bite, and.....it wasn't bad at all. I actually enjoyed it. I finished the whole bowl. ^_^

What did everyone else do? They gagged and cringed like a bunch of fairies, and I laughed my ass off while enjoying every scoop. XD

Heck, just the other night I made a peanut butter, jelly, and MUSTARD sandwich- and it was good. I'm thinking of adding lettuce to it next time. ^_^

8. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

You haven't yet learned the artistry of peeing into the lower corner quadrant of the urinal to prevent splashback? Much to learn, you still have... ;) 

UNPOPULAR: I'll never understand how most former students proudly flaunt and show blind loyalty to the educational institution that's bending them over with no Vaseline for the next 12-30 years.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

I can't stand the Back to the Future movies. All 3 of them. I don't know why. I even hated them as a kid though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fallout

Fallout you finally met your nemesis

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    yeah, a lot of urinals are different and you gotta find the sweet spot to piss in it for no splashback.

fuck, i was literally thinking this today too. homecoming's tomorrow and i see people singing pride songs and shit like... i'm giving this school $10,000 a semester. they should be singing songs about ME, not vice-versa.

• Like Like x 4
  11. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Join communist pack?

News Credits:
    Are you even human bruh?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Fallout

Fallout you finally met your nemesis

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    i've never seen the original star wars movies, just solo and the two before it. and man, i really have no interest in seeing any more star wars. outside of adam driver, everything looks stupid as shit. darth vader looks like a bad transformer cosplay and it all just... doesn't look appealing.

also, it seems like it has the most toxic fandom on earth, which makes it even less appealing.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  13. xolta

xolta Well-Known Member

Please give the first two a try if you have the time. Vader is a good villain I swear. If not then I always recommend Star trek 2: wrath of khan to any one.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

I enjoy fantasy flicks, but don't like Harry Potter. I tried watching the first movie a few times and kept dozing off. Just couldn't get into it.

15. King Glurch

King Glurch You're a fool, Starscream!

YouTube:
    I always thought the earlier Harry Potter movies were better than the newer ones. I liked the fantasy and joy of it all.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Pudglor Shmormuff

What always amazes me is how things go from being super light to super dark- every film things get darker and darker.

It goes from "Let's eat cookies and candy on a train to this holly jolly magical school where we can ride brooms and laugh around fires with pet owls and mice" to "HOLY SHIT, THERE'S GIANT SPIDERS, DRAGONS, DEATH EATERS, AND CREATURES MADE OUT OF FIRE TRYING TO KILL EVERYBODY- THIS KID LOSES THEIR PARENTS, THAT KID LOSES THEIR PARENTS, THOSE KIDS LOSE THEIR SIBLINGS, THOSE KIDS JUST DIED, THESE KIDS JUST DIED, DON'T DO THAT YOU'LL DI- YEP THEY'RE DEAD! EVERYBODY'S DYING!!! GOD DAMN!!"

Every time I binge watch them, I feel like things rev up really fast, and the darker side spreads faster than I initially expected it to- but that's why I love it. It's a total mood shift.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Growing up I loved the prequels but fell out of Star Wars in the middle of the Clone Wars but the new trilogy and the Anthology films have gotten me back into the franchise once again. I love characters like Rey & Kylo Ren much more then any of the OG characters and find them to be much more interesting. I just feel like they're more entertaining I guess, the original trilogy bores me and the prequels have cool special effects but these new ones have both... being entertaining and with cool special effects.

But yeah Star Wars fans are the WORSE I mean all fandoms can be toxic. But I feel like in most fandoms the toxicity they get known for come from the very vocal minority. I consider myself a casual Star Wars fan, I go see the movies and I collect the 6" Black Series figures thats it. It annoys me to no end the amount of videos I've seen on YouTube of people throwing shit at The Last Jedi like dudes shut the f*ck up!

18. Pudglor Shmormuff

I once watched 2 Star Trek fans argue for over 2 hours, on an early Saturday afternoon- one of my frat brothers got into an argument with an outsider about Star Trek.

I just drank beer and watched them go....

As I watched them, all I could think was: This isn't average aggression I'm seeing, this is pent-up aggression being released here- this is sexual frustration- because nobody wants to bang EITHER of you- because this is the shit you care about. Star F-ing Trek. LOL

• Like Like x 2
  19. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    If you get a pizza who's crust is just a tad too dense, dipping that in ranch is a nice way of finishing it off.

• Like Like x 1
  20. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Garlic butter or Alfredo sauce is better, honestly, and doesn't conflict as much with the flavor palate.

• Like Like x 3