Unpopular opinions (Non Transformers only)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ironhide1706, Feb 27, 2012.

1. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Look a doggo! How c00t! He thinks he's an avatar!

News Credits:
    It seems stupidity runs hand in hand with everything nowadays.

2. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    Everything is dangerous if you're stupid enough. That doesn't mean the thing itself, such as a video game, is bad.

• Like Like x 5
  3. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    Wise and hilarious at the same time!!...and can apply to soooooooooooo many.

Love it! :lolol 

4. grindcore138

grindcore138 Strong children! Childlike fish! Seaconsuuu!!!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Participation trophies aren't for kids to not feel bad about losing, they know they're worthless, they're really for parents who can't accept that their kid isn't as talented as the other kids.

• Like Like x 10
  5. WEEGEE

News Credits:
    That's actually.....a good point. Huh. Never really thought of it that way.

6. ParaChomp

ParaChomp I am what I am

I can't bring myself to give a damn as of late, I find it's a waste of time and energy to complain.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Weezie

Weezie Taking a break, back soon TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Creepypastas are a waste of time and not scary.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    This!

Though I would have to disagree to an extent, by teaching every child that their always a winner and get an award it only further makes them feel entitled when they grow up. They think the world owes them everything, including respect.

• Like Like x 1
  9. WEEGEE

News Credits:
    I could go on a rant about the current generation but then id be just as pointless that trophy is.

10. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

Rants about the "current generation" always seem to lack any real awareness of self. The demonizing of new things and young people dates at least back to Socrates — and the projected doom has not yet come. People should focus more on social issues perpetuated through the generations instead of damning fidget spinners because kids use them.

• Like Like x 4
  11. WEEGEE

News Credits:
    My unpopular opinion is i really wish I was articulate enough to say my point like this.

12. Spartan0996

Spartan0996 Well-Known Member

It all depends on if the child in question is a glass half empty or half full kinda person :p 

• Like Like x 2
  13. grindcore138

grindcore138 Strong children! Childlike fish! Seaconsuuu!!!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Do they really make kids grow up to be entitled teenagers and adults though? I didn't even know participation trophies/medals were a thing until this seemingly endless wave of "Millenials are entitled brats/killing the [X] industry/I'm old and salty that young people are young" stinkpieces (you'd think more Millenials would be hired to commit corporate espionage if we're so good at destroying businesses), but if you look at any discussion about participation trophies you won't find a single person who thought they were special for getting one, and any that did quickly realised they meant nothing. Some people even quietly threw them away because, while they meant nothing to them, they seemed to mean a lot to their parents.
    Someone growing up to be an entitled shithead is going to owe much more to their general upbringing, not getting a couple shitty dollar store trophies when they were 10.
    Let's not forget it's not actually up to the kids whether they get them either, you wanna blame someone for participation trophies then it lies at the feet of the adults who think kids can't handle losing, who funnily enough generally belong to the generation that complains about them so much.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Slingshot

Slingshot Arise, Blultra Magnus the Grand

News Credits:
    Not necessarily so. My younger brother is an avid fan of video games, but he doesn't spend all day in front of video games. I think most video gamers are responsible with their hobby, just like a majority of any respectable hobby. I view video games, even in the smallest amount of time spent, as worthless and adding nothing to one's life. But, that's just my perspective. I'd rather be creating my own story than be stuck in another person's creative world.
    Unpopular opinion of the day: Funky Forest: The First Contact is one of the greatest comedy movies ever made. Casting Hideaki Anno as a high school student was probably one of the greatest casting choices ever made.

15. AutobotAvalanche

News Credits:
    I'm sorry that you've never read a book. Or watched a movie. Or a TV show. Or...

• Like Like x 4
  16. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    I just got a few Recently.

Hynden Walch is a Overrated VA, Same with Daran Norris but the likes of him are now burnt out
    Harley Quinn nowadays should have a voice based after Dartz from Yu-gi-oh Abridged
    I liked the Keanu movie
    The Star Wars Prequel Trilogy is'nt that Bad
    I approve of Disney's acquisition of Lucasfilm & they are doing a bang up job
    Steven Universe overstayed its Welcome
    More DBZ memes is a good thing
    ATHF is the Greatest thing Adult swim made
    Even though I'm not into Berserk, I just wish the 2016 Anime was dubbed by Christopher Sabat's Studio, Okratron5000.
    Attack on Titan abridged shouldn't end
    I hate It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
    TeamFourStar should be in more Official stuff outside of their Hells dub & the DBZ Kai reenactment (Seriously, they deserve to be Official)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  17. AutobotAvalanche

News Credits:
    Fast food is a perfectly legitimate way to eat.

Of course, it's not very healthy for the most part (I try to avoid it for that very reason) but I will never understand people who make a big deal about regretting having to stop for a quick meal once in a while. Food is food.

18. Veleno

Veleno um

I can't be the only one that feels the term "methinks" sounds really damn stupid.

• Like Like x 1
  19. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This'll be massively unpopular, but ya know a really nice thing about video games over toys? I can buy a friggin' video game I want. By that I mean, if I want Forza Motorsport 7, I have a variety of options to ensure I can purchase Forza Motorsport 7. I don't have to worry about Forza Horizon 3's shelfwarming preventing it's release or selling out. If it does sell out, and I'm truly impatient, I can get a digital copy. Better yet, if I don't want it right now, I can wait for the price to come down, rather than worry it'll be scalped to heck.

Compare this to Hasbro, who can't even release the major fan-favorite character from a summer blockbuster because they didn't think things through. Even though it's been ten years of movie toylines. There's another line (albiet models) that I was beginning to get into...and it's really friggin' hard to get into because it's simultaneously niche but sells out a whole friggin' lot and, again, gets scalped to heck.

I just find myself incredibly frustrated with toys/models these days, and finding I spend a lot more time with video games that are, a lot of times, cheaper. I know it's not really a fair comparison, and I'm mostly just irritated, but I'm just sick of how hard it is to buy friggin' toys.

Someone might come in trying to argue it... I don't really want to argue. I can't find Wave 2 or 3 of TLK deluxes, I can't find wave whatever of Titans Return, I can't find non-scalped Frame Arms Girl models... But I can easily find Shadow of War, or Destiny 2, or Forza 7, or friggin' Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash, easier than I'll ever find a doggone TLK Bumblebee.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Sausage puns are the wurst

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Tumblr:
    Pork is nasty. It's so dry and flavorless.

Chicken is where it's at!

• Like Like x 1