Unpopular opinions (Non Transformers only)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ironhide1706, Feb 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM Banned

- Without g1 the rest of you would have nothing to say "it's better than G1"

-The bitch who got knocked out for wrecking someone's personal property got what she deserved

-If I could go out and bang a different girl every nite of the week I would in a heartbeat

-I don't care what color or race the girl is, if she looks good and has a nice rack, I'm there :) 

-I like guns and I like to carry guns, they are every bit as dangerous as the cheeseburger that jumped up and forced itself down your throat.

-America is best goddamned country in the world, the rest of the world does owe us a large debt and we get shit on for it(that does not make it perfect)

-I love my Uncle Sam "I want u to speak English, comprende? and I wear it proudly

-If u are an illegally in this country, you have no rights, maybe target practice, but I can't think of any others.(notice illegal part)

-When I was younger Aspergers this and Aspergers that wasn't an excuse for everything

-ADHD didn't exist when I was younger either and people got their ass whupped until they sat still

- All illegal drugs should be legalized and when it happens, you get a choice, get clean or free drugs. Then feed them drugs until they burn out and die, thereby solving the problem.

- Whatever product you desire, the company makes for a profit, not because you wish it so.

-Yes Fun Pub sucks and they handled everything wrong, but the now 300 page thread bashing them is getting rather pathetic.(my cc's got hit too)

-I like Family Guy and American Dad too

-Quintessons created the Transformers period

-I cannot stand reading books on kindle's or movies on a 2 inch phone screens(see my TV thread).

-Book stores aren't for coffee swilling wanna be's to sit in and read books of the shelf, they are to buy books in

-Most trade paperbacks suck, I don't want to wait that long for them, rather get my monthly fix

I'm sure I got lots more of this left in me, so this is it for now

2. ironjazz

ironjazz Tie Fighter pilot

News Credits:
    I love Family Guy and Simpsons

3. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hhaha, I read all of this in George Carlin's voice, most of it jived, and fuck the stuff that didn't.

4. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    So basically you're a redneck?

5. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM Banned

Least someone can appreciate it. Now u got me thinking about 7 opinions u cannot voice on TV :)  hmmmmmmmm........

What part makes me a redneck?

English is the language of my country and I wish to speak it?

I like guns?

I think illegal immigrants are actually the illegals that they are?

In all honesty I'm a relatively law abiding citizen. I don't go around forcing my views on anyone, I just happen to like some of my inalienable rights.

6. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Yeah, I didn't get the redneck thing either, but it came from a dude named bumblebot with a shitty meme avatar, so I wouldn't put much thought into it.

Also, another unpopular opinion of mine is that using words likr "******" in or out of context 500 times a day doesn't make you cool, especially once you've graduated or dropped out of highschool.

7. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    I only used the meme thingy because that was my initial reaction to the TFP FE toys, I generally dislike rage comics and memes.

And I live in the UK so I like to joke about Americans.

No need to be a dick about it.

8. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    - As a legal immigrant who is putting in the effort, working, paying the fees and following all of the complete pain-in-the-ass steps to gain US citizenship properly, I have zero sympathy for illegals.
    - As a legal resident alien for tax purposes, who pays income/medicare/SSI taxes and thus contributes to the funding and operations of this country, I should be legally allowed to vote.
    - I prefer to own DVDs and/or Blu-Rays of the shows/movies I like and have zero interest in 'streaming' anything.

Worse than "Heil, Honey, I'm Home!"? Not disputing that Seinfeld sucks, of course.

Agreed on the first part. However, based on all the scientists I've met in my career thusfar, it's probably for the best that they live in relative obscurity. There are a lot of massive douchebags in the higher levels of the scientific community and I think if they had a higher profile, people would be just as sick of them as the professional athletes.

9. ironjazz

News Credits:
    Really he's a dick? sorry but you are a dick not truenomadskies so just back off ok And just cos your British doesn't mean you can talk shit and insult americans so just go away

10. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Oh really? Americans make fun of british people all the time, yet its not ok for me to crack a redneck joke at an american?

Now can we please get off this fucking subject and get back to the main point of the thread.

11. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Honestly, I don't think anyone's being a dick here, especially given that we're in a thread that's pretty much designed for silly banter. I only said what I did about Bumblebot's avatar because it was the 1st thing I noticed & because I thought it was funny (aka, not to put much thought into it as in not to take the redneck comment too seriously), not because I was trying to insult him. I'm sorry if that's how it came out, but it really wasn't my intent.

Like, if I wanted to be a jerk, I'd probably just say nothing & leave because forums are a stupid place to play that game to begin with.

12. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Ok dude, glad this is cleared up :) .

13. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Its all good, hah.

14. ironjazz

News Credits:
    So do us Irish all the time.now have some tea and crumpets play soccor and come back happy okay

15. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime IDW2019 Stan

News Credits:
    Patriotism sucks

Think.

Being proud of your country is about the same as being proud of having two legs, or being proud of the need to breathe oxygen. You had no personal choice in the matter, so where you are from has nothing to do with you.

Unfortunately, many people don't seem to understand this. They go through life saying they are "proud" to be British, or American, or Chinese, quite convinced that their country of origin is the best on earth. But you didn't choose where you are from: being proud of it marks you out as an imbecile.

Patriotism gives those with no abilities or achievements of their own something to shout about. It gives succour to villains, cowards and the ignorant. It promotes bitter rivalries, and war.

It's time to put the fallacy of "my country above all others" to rest.

Here are some thoughts on patriotism, from some great thinkers (and Herman Goering).

"I am a citizen of the world first, and of this country at a later and more convenient hour." - Henry Thoreau

"...the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger." - Herman Goering, at the Nuremburg Trials

“Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious.” - Oscar Wilde

"To me, it seems a dreadful indignity to have a soul controlled by geography." - George Santayana

“Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel.” - Dr. Johnson

"I hate patriotism. I can't fucking stand it. It was a round world last time I checked." - Bill Hicks

“Patriotism is a pernicious, psychopathic form of idiocy” - George Bernard Shaw

"Patriotism is the willingness to kill and be killed for trivial reasons." - Bertrand Russell

"Patriotism is a religion, the egg from which wars are hatched." - Guy de Maupassant

"This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism on command, senseless violence and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism." - Albert Einstein
    I like to think of myself as being a law abiding citizen but I always remember one thing: what is necessary is legal. If someone wants to escape their country to a better one they can be my guest. They are risking their lives order to make their quality of life which is something I admire. Also people should be able to speak whatever language they want and if they want to learn English they can go right ahead.

16. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    America sucks

Canadian Beer sucks

... and lastly to quote a friend of mine, "there's nothing fresh about a Tim Hortons Donut"

17. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    I hear that. If you ask me, only people who are too weak to live through the pain of life drink. It really does more harm then good.

I should also note I don't mind people drinking wine or anything like that as long as it dosen't lead them towards a bad lifestyle.

18. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

beer sucks. it just does.

19. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    There's nothing wrong with liking your own posts on Facebook

20. grindcore138

grindcore138 ARF ARF!!!

News Credits:
    This, a thousand times this. For every reason you listed I have never understood patriotism, I like the part of the U.K I live in, but am I proud to be Cornish? No, what is there to be proud about? I'm proud of my achievements not where I happened to be born.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.