Unofficial Beast Wars Scale Chart

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GALVATOM, Jul 11, 2016.

1. No Silly Business

No Silly Business Well-Known Member

who knew i had so much in common with the best of the traitorous preds

• Like Like x 1
  2. Inferno

Inferno Kidult

News Credits:
    From this month's Figure King:
    upload_2023-4-26_7-47-38.png

[​IMG]
    That's insane :cry 

• Like Like x 8
  3. TRANZ4MR

TRANZ4MR General Thud

News Credits:

WTF is that?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

• Like Like x 1
  4. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All the more reason for us to get it right.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Inferno

Inferno Kidult

News Credits:
    It's the internal Legacy Inferno Design Plan by TakaraTomy, and they used the scale chart for reference!

I wonder when/how did Takara ever noticed the unofficial chart. Was it handed to them as reference by Hasbro just for Legacy Inferno? Or has it been in use internally at Takara for a while? One thing, if they used a cropped section of the chart for Dragon Megatron, then that explains why it scales relative to POTP Optimus but not with the rest of the Kingdom figures. Things to think about :D 

Also @GALVATOM when you have a chance, could you update the first post with these new charts? They all have the cleaner S1 character pics I posted a while back along with the beast scale, thank you in advance!

Beast Wars Scale Chart:
    [​IMG]

Season 1:
    [​IMG]

Seasons 2 & 3:
    [​IMG]

Complete Chart + Bonus characters:

[​IMG]

Beast Scale Charts:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  6. TRANZ4MR

TRANZ4MR General Thud

News Credits:

Gotcha.

At 1st, I thought it was a 3rd Party MP Design. :drool: 

• Like Like x 1
  7. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

Done @Avispanator, thanks for all your hard work. Those look incredible!

• Like Like x 1
  8. martin entero shoro

martin entero shoro ES Twitch enthusiast

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    So this scale chart is oficial now huh

• Like Like x 2
  9. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    @Avispanator Where did those super clean screenshots come from? I must have missed that discovery. They're gorgeous!

10. Inferno

Inferno Kidult

News Credits:
    Thank you! The S1 screenshots are photoshopped versions of the AI generated 4K ones that Prime'06 got from that scene in "Before The Storm" found by you. I went over how they were made in the quoted post below :D 
    Here's also a longer breakdown of the sources of all screenshots:
    I've also just realized that I didn't put TM2 Cheetor in this list. I have no clue where his pic comes from :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  11. Verno

News Credits:
    Even with the AI versions, you've still done a power of work to improve them. You even made Waspy's wings transparent.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Verno

News Credits:
    Also, we can probably change the name of the thread now ;) 

• Like Like x 3
  13. FUprime

FUprime Active Member

Awesome.

14. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    ‘The Officially Referenced Unofficial Beast Wars Scale Chart’

• Like Like x 9
  15. beelze888

beelze888 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    That inferno does look good. I'm wondering how much more, the chart will be referenced lol

• Like Like x 2
  16. brenton

brenton Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I feel like this should get more attention!
    Congrats all you who contributed to this!

• Like Like x 2
  17. bryan_too

bryan_too go home

With the new Tigerhawk in, guess it scales with Legacy TM2 Megs? Unfortunately it don't scale well with JX TM2 Megs I think

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    Not even close.
    It would also be so monumentally outclassed in every aspect by Winged Dragon, you wouldn’t want to display them in the same room as each other anyways.

• Like Like x 4
  19. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

Best guess is that Legacy United Tigerhawk will be 20cm/8inches tall roughly to the top of the robot mode head, that's TM2 Legacy Megatrons height and close to other recent leader class figs. That's only slightly past Jiang Xing Megatrons waist unfortunately. But hey if you wanna do a display with the upcoming main line figure of Tigerhawk and JX Megs you probably could as they fought most iconcally I thought in the sky in beast mode, so you could use a bit of visual trickery perhaps.

I'm not sure what the status of JXs Tigerhawk is, the same company that made "MB 01 Metal Beast Winged Dragon" Megatron had plans to do Tigerhawk MB-02. This was years ago though, looking it up i found a 4 month old video wondering what happened to it, JiangXing still seem to be producing as theres quite a bit of activity in their thread on the boards here for MB-01 having recently put out runs of that figure. There's also Trans Art who are putting out MP scaled Beast Wars Transmetals and TM2's at an impressive pace. If you must have an MP scaled Tigerhawk I think those are your best options but even at Trans Arts pace it'll be a bit of a wait as they've only shown cad files of Tigerhawks wings and have quite a few other figures further in development promised, like TM Tarantulas and TM2 Dinobot. Jiang Xing I cant be sure about, it'd be worth reaching to them if you're serious. I recall JX being really responsive on social media to reasonable questions when they where building up to their TM2 Megs release.

If you want some Megatron vs Tigerhawk action soon though I can vouch for the Legacy Dragon Megs.

Beast fans on the boards seemed hard.on this figure, it certainly has a few aesthetic weaknesses (dragon mode neck gap at the base, slight look of lankiness in dragon mode cause of the arms.amd neck) but I actually really like Legacy TM2 Megs. Sure I felt compelled to do some minor painting and swapping around of parts (the swapping of parts refers to the wing tips, I believe this has been fixed on later runs or repacks of the figure, can ad pics if interested) to get the figure to a point that I really liked. There's even third party upgrade kits to fix things like the face if you don't like the original figures and painting yourself though simply painting over the jaged teeth with a strip of white is a decent enough fix I reckon. Really liking Megatrons Dragon form, the Legacy figure is actually my favourite version of a figure of it that I have and I own both the mighty 95% show accurate Metail Beast 01 JX Winged Dragon and the original Beast Wars figure and I feel safe excluding though I can't claim to have ever owned the Beast Machines version.

Legacy TM2 Megatron is fun to transform and handle. Looks wise you may want to modify it though either yourself or with a third part upgrade like the DNA kit (purely so he doesn't have the sharp teeth in robot mode). It's proportions can be criticised sure, the wings could be larger and the dragons neck and arms might seem a bit skinny to you but I think it looks better than the original figure in dragon mode as well as the obvious massive improvement to robot mode. He doesn't match show scale well with any other beast wars Kingdom or Legacy figures either, TM2 Megatron is only a couple of mm's taller than the Season one figure of his form Kingdom Megatron but I'd wager he'll be lots of fun with United Tigerhawk.

• Like Like x 1
  20. bryan_too

bryan_too go home

Nice post dude appreciate the elaborate and details of your experience. Currently am looking at MP scales and trying not to overbuy a particular figure if possible. I custom painted Kingdom Dinobot and Cheetor despite owning the MP figures too. Part of me kinda regrets getting the Kingdom stuff because of scale issues but I gotta deal with it. Plus, am kinda attached to them as I put work into it too haha.

I guess I can wait for TA or another shell company made my JX for that elusive Tigerhawk!