Unofficial Beast Wars Scale Chart

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GALVATOM, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Bezuul

Bezuul Well-Known Member

For MP BW collectors, is the official Tigatron too big or is Transart Ravage too small?

2. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Transart Cheetor is far too small, even for Cheetor, let alone Ravage. Ravage is the exact same height as Tigatron.

upload_2022-6-9_9-39-31.png
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Banannixx

Banannixx The Banana Man

Perhaps she's 8 ft tall as a Transmetal 2?

4. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Or Japan was wrong 30 years ago and no one bothered to check at the time. We've pretty definitively proven you can throw those numbers out.

• Like Like x 2
  5. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, I took a big step today. I hired a programmer to help we work on a custom scale site. My main focus is going to be TFs, mainly nailing down the BW in a quasi-official way, but I fully intend to expand to other things, like Disney films.

It's going to run me somewhere between $1000-2000 between the programing and the assets and the site hosting. Is that something I should open an IndieGoGo for? Solicit donations? Or just eat it and try to make it up in Patreon?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    What would the site do exactly? Host scale charts from different properties? Can people request charts from properties they're interested in? Tell me more.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay. So it would be divided into two sections: a UI an a developer side. The developer side would have tools to upload several images at a time, compare them against one another, and measure height/width against a preset ruler. The developer would them be able to upload a Vector or .png image, lock in the height, and save it to the site.
    On the User Interface side, a visitor to the site would be able to open a series of drop down menus and load a selected character into a play space. They could do this multiple times with multiple assets, including real-world locations and objects. If you ever wanted to know how Herbie compared against Mario, Robin Hood, Optimus Prime, and the Washington Monument, this would be able to do that. The goal of the site is accuracy above all else. If the canon listed heights of characters is not correct, then something is wrong. Either the measurements, or the canon. But most of the properties being dealt with do not have canon heights or weights.

The guy I have will build the site for $1000, and it could be polished and securely hosted for another $1000. It is my believe that several artists could be retained on commission for $25-50 an image. If I launched a Kickstarter/IndieGoGo aiming for that amount, and then peddled it especially to rabid Disney and Nintendo fans, I am fairly confident that the goal could be easily reached. The site could be supported and further expanded through donations and Patreon. The reward system would be simple: You get to sign up for a dollar every update. In return, you get access to clean, high quality images that are not available anywhere else on the internet. If I get 25 patrons, I'm going to need to do an update every image, just so I can pay the artist. 50 patrons, and I can update every 2 images. So on and so forth.

There's no intention to make money here. This is simply a for-fun project that has outgrown the bounds of the tools I am currently using. The issue is this isn't for profit, and I don't want to have to pay taxes on all this junk, so I need to figure out how to deal with that.

If anyone has any advice, or especially any ideas of tools you would want to see implemented on the site, either as a Dev or in the UI please let me know. Not a single part of this has been a one-man-job, and I don't intend to start now.

robin hood.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  8. Verno

News Credits:
    Best of luck with it mate.

9. QuintusTheExaltedOne

QuintusTheExaltedOne Creator of the Quintessons and ex-Prime

News Credits:
    I just rewatched the show and now I’m unreasonably going insane over the fact that no official or unofficial Rattrap scales right asdfghjk all too short or too tall 4D380027-73DE-4995-8CB6-3F30AA3E7741.jpeg 4C0F79FF-03C1-40EE-B313-7632AE54BDD2.jpeg 2383223B-00A4-4940-9A88-A314A645D48D.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  10. Vicegrip

Vicegrip Well-Known Member

I just got TransArt Rattrap, and he is certainly a fun toy. However, the huge backpack in robot mode bothers me more than I thought it would. What’s worse is that the huge back results in a rather oversized beast mode.

Picture1.png
    TransArt Metal Mouse with MP Dinobot

Picture2.png
    Original Transmetal Rattrap with MP Dinobot

Dinobot on Rattrap.PNG
    Screen capture from "Maximal, No More"

Comparing the size of the hubcaps in each of the images, it would seem that an MP-scaled TM Rattrap should have a beast mode that is closer to the size of the original TM Rattrap. I would like to see another company take a crack at this design to reduce the size of the backpack a bit and hopefully result in a more accurately scaled beast mode.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Verno

News Credits:
    How's the bot-mode scale?

12. Vicegrip

Vicegrip Well-Known Member

He looks about right to me, though I do not recall what our estimates were. I measured his height at 14.9 cm. Here he is next to MP Dinobot.
    Rattrap and Dinobot.jpg

Here is his beast mode next to TA Cheetor. TA Rattrap's beast mode looks way too big to me (though TA Cheetor himself may be too small according to our estimates).
    Rattrap and Cheetor.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. Verno

News Credits:
    Scale.jpg

It looks bang-on.

• Like Like x 8
  14. KveTar

KveTar Well-Known Member

15. Sixshot the six changer

Sixshot the six changer Aka Three Erasers

This has got to be one of if not the most useful thread on TFW not saying ever thread is useless, this one can be more useful then others

• Like Like x 3
  16. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looking at Mangamotion's newest video...

Is BM Rattrap MP scale as-is?

upload_2023-4-15_18-8-44.png

upload_2023-4-15_18-7-49.png

(Obviously MP Rattrap never stood up like that in the show. And Transart Rattrap isn't exactly MP scale. But it's something to think about.)

• Like Like x 4
  17. setsuna

setsuna Well-Known Member

I never liked how rattrap became a coward in BM.

I preferred the crafty complaining badass from BW.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Verno

News Credits:
    I try not to think about BM :p 

• Like Like x 1
  19. No Silly Business

No Silly Business Well-Known Member

Sadly my original Dinobot and TM Rattrap toys from the nineties will not pose in the same way as the show

PXL_20230416_114400937.MP.jpg

20. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    Dinobot looks uncomfortable and humiliated- so I’d say you nailed it!

• Like Like x 2