Unofficial Beast Wars Scale Chart

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GALVATOM, Jul 11, 2016.

1. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 32
  2. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    About how i always saw it. I only imagined Terrorsaur, Waspinator and even Dinobot a little smaller.

3. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    cool, u should do another one including all the transmetals and S2 and 3 characters

4. CaptainSlayer

CaptainSlayer "Soundwave just sent out Randal"

Hmm... I always pictured Waspinator much bigger in my head.

5. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    Rattrap and Blackarachnia too short.

6. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 1
  7. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

Thanks for the suggestions. I've made a few characters slightly larger. Rattrap, Waspinator & BA included.

I am aware of those awesome mainframe pics, and did use them to a degree for the characters that are in a good position. I just found them hard to use for the chart for some characters because everyone isn't stood on the same level and some are quite far in the background or even flying.

As for the characters from season 2 and 3 that one is a work in progress and I'm finding the scale was a little more inconsistent in the later seasons, I think it stems from some characters having two set heights due to their upgraded bodies. For example Rattraps Transmetal body is taller than his original form but some scenes they seem to revert back to using his height from the season one model despite him being a Transmetal now.

This is how it looks at the moment. This one needs major tweaking, so it's really just for show until I feel confident that it's close enough.

Verno deserves credit for the season one characters on this chart below, it used the trading card stats mostly with some tweaking where those stats seemed odd.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I pictured S1 Megatron shorter and INferno taller

9. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

Just bumping this to say great job. It's a shame fans don't give recognition to this kind of work and dedication but instead focus on making the same polls week after week. Keep up the good work man.

• Like Like x 1
  10. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

Thanks Cobalt Agent that's high praise coming from someone who has made many a fine chart and started interesting discussions.

Hopefully with each Masterpiece Beast Wars release, praying to all the Gods and Demons that there will be more, I'll be able to verify my chart. I suspect someone or someones at Takara really know their Beast Wars, scale included, with all the good work we've been seeing on Primal and Cheetor.

When they come out, hopefully they will look like this compared to each other.
    [​IMG]

11. Olivus Prime

Olivus Prime Space Ranger

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fantastic work, though it makes me wonder how Takara are going to do MP Rampage and especially Optimal Optimus if they ever make them!

12. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here, this might help. Beast Wars Stats We know from various confirmed sources that S1 Primal is confirmed at 2.8m, and TM Primal is 3 meters on the nose. Their OpOp and Dragon Megs are wildly, vastly off. I think yours are much closer, at a little more than double size.

However, in the illustrations above, your calculations are still on the small side. You have Primal at 2.4 meters, not 2.8, while TM Primal is at 2.8, not 3.

13. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    The problem is that list has both Season 1 Primal and Megatron at 2.8m tall. We know this can' be right, as Megs towers over Primal in Season 1.

14. Darker

Darker The Lord of the Dark

News Credits:
    Are those official?

15. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They came off the Transmetals video game and the cards that come with the figures, as well as the trading card game. Linked from here. Not sure where they came from outside that. I don't read Kanji. Optimus Primal/Beast Wars cartoon continuity - Transformers Wiki The game lists TM Primal at 3.2M while his trading card lists him at 3. So the cards are a little off, but we;ve got 2 sources that list S1 Primal at 2.8, so that seems a safe starting point to me. Interestingly, Rattrap is 5' 11", as is Airrazor, but Blackarachnia is listed at 8'. This is wrong, she should be 5' 11" as well. Equally, Rhinox is listed as shorter than Primal and Dinobot is 2cm taller. We know both of those are wrong as well.

The numbers still need some massaging, but it's a start of an official number list.

16. Verno

News Credits:
    We might be able to do some "reverse calculations" (for lack of a better term) as more MP BWs are released. MP Primal is 19cm and Cheetor is 17.5cm. TT either have their hands on the Mainframe models or are basing the designs (and thus their heights) on observations from the show, thus giving us something of a scale guide for the show via the toys.

17. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's not a terrible idea actually. And since we have a starting point for Primal, we can extrapolate from there

18. Verno

News Credits:
    It'll be a slow process, but a bit of fun nonetheless.

19. Verno

News Credits:
    Masterpiece Primal comes with a bio card:

[​IMG]

It lists his height as 2.8m so we'll need to keep an eye on what they list Cheetor as when he's released and how the two figures scale.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Verno

News Credits:
    If we take Primal's listed height of 280cm (which is 30cm taller than we thought he was) and divide it by the height of his toy (19cm), we get 14.74. Multiplying that by the rumored height of the MP Cheetor toy which is 17.5cm, we get 258cm. That's 30cm taller than the 230cm we'd speculated Cheetor to be in the show.

Are TT adding 30cm to everyone to bolster their stats? Or are the characters just taller than we thought?

Working backwards and adding the contentious 30cm to the heights of the characters we thought we knew, potential MP figures of the Season 1 characters would be as follows:

Rattrap - 15.5cm (2.3m)
    Blackarachnia - 15.5cm (2.3m)
    Scorponok - 16cm [plus tail] (2.4m)
    Waspinator - 17cm (2.5m)
    Airazor - 17.5cm (2.6m)
    Tarantulas - 17.5cm (2.6m)
    Tigatron - 19cm (2.8m)
    Terrorsaur - 19cm (2.8m)
    Rhinox - 21cm (3.1m)
    Inferno - 21cm (3.1m)
    Dinobot - 22cm (3.2m)
    Megatron - 23cm (3.4m)