Heavy/Scratch: Unnamed evil "Titan" as a steel-mill (W.I.P.)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by KINGBOTZ, Nov 7, 2013.

1. KINGBOTZ

KINGBOTZ www.KINGBOTZ.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Crazy, huh? Sometimes I'll sit and stare at some of the stuff on this thing and think of all the time and work that went into it so far, & it almost rivals some of the bigger stuff that I've done.

Thanks! Hopefully it won't be long before I get the alt-mode wrapped up and start showing the robot-mode in all it's horrific-glory :ev: 

Thanks, I hope to keep evolving it along the way and continue to live up to that!

The journey is half the thrill! I agree though, I eagerly anticipate the finished product, the anticipation is intense....

Good choice of words. :cool: 

I've got one last major detail I'm adding to the mill-mode before I move on....it's a feature that is also a major-factor in robot-mode, so stay-tuned!

Thanks for the compliments, and you hit the nail on the head about the original toy, I made it a point to hide most of the recognizable features to look more earthly and industrial, and less Cybertronian. I really didn't want to leave anything untouched, most everything gets the treatment. This figure has so much potential, it would be tragic to NOT take advantage of it's endless working-space and generously-accommodating design. And you're right, I agree, the final paint-job will really turn this thing around and bring out the sinister undertone in both modes for sure. I'm very eager to experiment with the weathering, decay & deterioration-effects for it.

It really is a beautiful thing, to have the freedom to throw endless detail at it and make it look like a mill, it's gratifying!

Well hopefully in the next week or two I can be working on the robot-mode & custom head and be in that home-stretch....gonna try some things to make the blast-furnace smoke & light-up, so there won't be any dull-moments with future updates! :cool: 

Glad I could help motivate ya man, because I know how overwhelming the big figures can be to work on. Just remember, don't look at the project as a whole, look at it as a bunch of smaller projects that add up at the end. Chip away at it little by little if you have to, small victories.

I gotta admit I get pretty excited to think of it painted up looking just like an old rusty mill, I love that look, it's definitely art. Most of my reference-pics are of the old Bethlehem Steel Mill, and it looks magnificent from all angles both color and black & white.

I couldn't have made it that way without ya man! :rock  That set was worth every single penny, the goodies that came with it were truly a blessing & made it so much easier. Don't know where else I would've found that kind of diversity all in one set! As for those little grey pipes conjoining the pieces on the legs, those are actually 1/8" aluminum chain-link "fence-ties" you get at the hardware store, that you use to tie the fence to the post. I cut & bent them to perfect length to connect those little cylindrical pieces. I absolutely LOVE working with aluminum! :D 

2. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    So is this a parts-former, or does every single piece swivel and slide in some way to become the actual robot mode? I'm kinda anxious to see the final bot mode.

also are you planning on repainting the entire toy or are the colors final as they are now?

it's turning out really nice. can't say I care much for all the odd pieces of sharp metal sticking out (the "Claws" they seem like just scraps of really sharp metal, I'd actually be afraid I'd cut my fingers on while transforming it into the various modes), they just don't seem to fit into either mode IMO.

I hope you plan on adding more detail to them to make them blend better with each mode. I'd make them fold somehow so they are more flush with the alt modes. and make them so they can do the same in bot mode. so there's a standard bot mode and a more battle-ready bot mode. :) 

Keep up the good work.

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  3. KINGBOTZ

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Thanks for the input & feedback! :cool:  About the transformation, every single piece will either pivot or fold into place for robot mode, NO parts-forming. A single, solid figure was my absolute main-objective throughout this project even if it meant an aesthetic-sacrifice or compromise. To prove this, I plan a transformation demo-video as the grand-finale in addition to a video of the full gallery and moving 360-degree views of it in both modes.

As for the paint, this is not the final look, it's getting painted for sure. He will indeed get the full treatment of basecoat, silver, grey & rusty/weathering effects all over, maybe even a little growing vines or shrubbery here and there. ;) 

About the claws, I have to agree they look kinda out of place in mill-mode, but I assure you they will look MUCH more fitting in robot-mode. The strips on the sides of the upper-thighs, claws on the cod-piece & feet were all meant to compliment each other and act as a more supplemental-type of intimidating-armor in robot-mode and add a slight twist to the appearance to keep you guessing. I'm confident they'll blend in better and look much more integral after they're painted to compliment they're surrounding counterparts. I still intend to close in all 8 claws on the feet, and make them look more solid, but I'm leaving the others on the body open. I may add some trestle-trim later on to help them blend in with alt-mode, that's worked really well for everything elsewhere, so it's still on the table......I admit I took a big chance adding those obscurities, but as a smaller part of a whole, I still wanted to keep some things like that a mystery about the Titan and keep the viewer guessing, instead of everything just being straight-forward and obvious. I want the viewer to use his imagination, ask questions & wonder about the origin and backstory based on different aspects & features of his monstrous embodiment. You typically fear what you don't know, and there's plenty to be left to the imagination with this guy particularly in robot-mode, you'll see what I mean when I begin work on that part of him and reveal the head. The client had a custom-head made for him, works quite well with the body, but is inevitably dwarfed by the peripheral-BFGs. :eek: 

Lastly, as far as robot-mode, there's no such thing as standard bot-mode, as this guy's exceedingly endowed with so much firepower in robot-mode, there's no hiding it, he's ALWAYS in battle-mode. For this particular Titan to get up and have to transform, which is an all-day affair for him, there must be a pretty damn-good reason for it, so he's sure as hell gonna make it worth his while. :wink:  Thanks again for the feedback & checking out the thread! :rock 

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  4. KINGBOTZ

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    TF-Titan "Ogun Abyss" now has 2 new minions! These nasty little suckers were tricky to pull off. Ogun has 2 stock-car trains, one on each side of the steel-mill. Both are 22" long with 10-cars. Each train turns into a mechanical-snake, with the front cars opening wide to form the heads. Both snakes are posable and have magnets hidden in the cars allowing them to combine as one..... Introducing "Fang-Bang" and "Strike-Plate", 2 snakes that combine to form the bigger snake "Slam-Trak"!​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

Holy Shit, Kingbotz, you just keep pumping out awesome Ideas with this custom.
    First you go for turning a Base-Bot into a goddamn Steel-Mill Transformer then you give him 2 Train Minions that not only can Transform, but they can also Combine.

6. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Speech.......................................................................less

7. DFusion

DFusion Well-Known Member

What about Liege Hades? or HellRaiser, Hellrider :D 

8. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What an ambitious undertaking. It's shaping up awesome!

9. hellbred

hellbred Well-Known Member

that snaketrain is outragus you just keep pushing the bar higher and higher

10. dak

dak I am DAK! The customizer!

News Credits:
    The train is genius

11. HasTak

HasTak Well-Known Member

This is literally the mother of all customized TF's, period.

The snake trains just elevate this custom into a whole other level.

12. DFusion

DFusion Well-Known Member

What about making a minion called Frank(Franken-stain)? Like the death race character, a bumblebee custom maybe a cyberverse or deluxe bumblebee.

13. durroth

durroth Maximal

hmm... an evil decepticon titan disguised as a dirty steel production monstrosity... Okay, I got a name for it. How about "Detroit"

14. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    :lol :bay :lolol 

15. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Hey, I resemble that remark! :p 

16. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    holy shit dude...

GO! GO! GO!

17. stevil33

stevil33 Army of Wastemen

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    DAYUM!! This is amazing, so much detail, so friggin epic, You win.
    Amazing vision you have.

18. strata32000

strata32000 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm going to have to give this custom of the year just based
    On the amount of detail and work that has been put in to it.
    Just waiting on the weathered paint job to crown
    Kingbots as a true king of customizers.

19. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wow u added a shit ton of detail...amazing work

20. Tom_Servo

Tom_Servo Well-read chick magnet

Ebay:
    Better and better. I love this.