Heavy/Scratch: Unnamed evil "Titan" as a steel-mill (W.I.P.)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by KINGBOTZ, Nov 7, 2013.

1. nonnef

nonnef Deceptibot

Makes me wish I was part of a union just so I could put in that request. ;) 

2. TubaJay448

TubaJay448 Member

XD

3. destrakon

destrakon Well-Known Member

Metrotitan I presume

4. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    This is going to be EPIC!

5. nichodo

nichodo Well-Known Member

Nice work so far. And for his name i would suggest Stealtron.

6. KINGBOTZ

KINGBOTZ www.KINGBOTZ.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Titan's raw-material "stock-house" for mill-mode near-complete, totally scratch-built from styrene right onto the back of his leg. The stock-house will also have a line of "stock-cars" that bring in the raw-materials like a train, lined up on the runway leading straight through the stock-house bay door. A few more minor details will be added to it later, but this portion is done for the most part. This is the kind of detail that will be featured throughout this figure as a whole. A steel-mill "stock-house" is where all the incoming raw-materials are stored before conveyed up into the main "blast-furnace" for meltdown...

Titan's secondary "personnel-building" in the rear almost done...His left chest-piece now flips out, then flips down and the building expands upward to twice its size, just like a pop-up camper when you push from the bottom. I removed the entire upper-half of the original chest-piece and scratch-built the expanding building, containing a series of neodymium-magnets that keeps the 2nd story in place. I tried a new pivot-method on the building's support-trestle, using 2 disc-magnets that spin on each other....no screws, rivets or ball-joints needed there, worked nicely!

Next I'll be making a 2-piece raw-material "conveyor" channel that will connect the main stock-house to the main blast-furnace. The conveyor basically just runs raw ore from the stock-house and dumps right into the blast-furnace for the meltdown process.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. justdd

justdd Well-Known Member

Hooooooly crap. That's amazing. When you finish this, you need to make like a video tour just show off of the intricaces of this masterpiece.

EDIT: Also when you're done can I come over and play with it. >.>

8. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    loving it sir!!

9. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

GREAT F'ing UPDATE !

10. Deadends Meds

Deadends Meds Yup

Fancy!

In other news: Dark Cybertron just wet their collective titanium shorts at the thought of Dark KINGBOTZ.

11. Hardshell

Hardshell Well-Known Member

Love the idea! If you need a name... how about steel mill?

12. Alpha Matrix

Alpha Matrix "King of Combiners!"

Ebay:
    Looking awesome!

13. Geminii

Geminii Toyetic multiformophile

I'm really liking the authenticity of the modeling. I get the feeling that in altmode, it'll be indistinguishable from a scale model of a real operating plant, complete with realistic process flows.

14. hellbred

hellbred Well-Known Member

wow i like how you are taking this the extra step and altering the alt mode so much
    this is going to look great

15. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I cannot wait to see what you do with all the pipes and parts you got from the one kit I suggested. :D  :D 

16. KINGBOTZ

KINGBOTZ www.KINGBOTZ.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Oh don't worry, I plan a full transformation demo-video for this monster! I'm thinking of just making one big video featuring both the W.I.P. pics, final pics of both modes and the transformation sequence altogether...haven't decided yet, might be too much in one shot....but total coverage of this thing will be done regardless. :cool: 

Oh, and you'll have to ask the new owner if you can play with it once it's done! :p 

Thanks man! I was just watching one of AVGN's video play-throughs of the old NES Contra game, and I saw a big plow-type-tank-thing in the snow-stage that looked just like a Plowking! :rock 

Thanks, I try to have something a little substantial when I post, hope to have another small update later tonight!

Ha! This is definitely one of the darkest, wicked customs I've ever done. The top 3 are "Plowking", "Billy the Puppet" and this yet-to-be-named Titan.

Too generic, not threatening enough! Lol Thanks for the input though, still debating hard on the name!

Thanks bro!

And that's exactly what I'm shooting for, I'm trying to pack as much action and detail in there that I can without interfering with the transformation or either mode. Before I started this project, I did my research on all the main essential components that a steel-mill needs to run, and I narrowed down what I knew it would need at absolute minimum. Stacks, blast-furnace, stock-house, conveyor, converter tanks, various pipe-work, etc.

Yep, and the steps are endless. There's so much that can be done with this, and I've got enough goodies to make sure it's not short on detail. It's a lot of work, but I only get one shot at it so it's gotta hit hard.

Oh I definitely haven't forgotten about you! :rock  Don't know if you can make it out or not, but I've already begun to implement a little of the pipework and trestles at the top of the main blast-furnace....You'll be able to make it out better once I get a more focused shot on the furnace, but that stuff is working great! OH, and I even used a little bit of the pipe-segments as ventilation-ducting on top of the main stock-house and secondary rear building as well, check it out! I was gonna send a shout-out to ya with the next small update which will probably be later tonight, I used a few of those juicy little tanks that'll be hidden inside the right leg, so thanks again man, that kit is really comin' in handy! :rock 

17. seanb47

seanb47 FB:SBee'sCustomCreations IG@sbees_custom_creations

Ebay:
    Awesome update,Kingbotz!

18. metal-lifter

metal-lifter Decepticreep

^This, a million times this!

This custom is really coming together, and I can't get over how realistic it is looking already! Man I would love to be a fly on the wall (in a non creepy way :D ) just to see your thought process and how you go about building/customizing. Awesome update!

19. Tyler Doom

Tyler Doom [WTCG] Dr PotterPoolPrime

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I'm not sure, just an opinion on what you could call him. But I was thinking "Xstreel Belmain" (short back story idea: Xstreel has been a servant of the dark for eons, servicing The Lord Unicrons needs. Megatron happened to find him hidden away deep in Cybertron, where Primus had the Primes seal him away so he could not help his Lord. Xstreel has the ability to revive and find his Lord any where in the Universe. When Megatron released Dark Energon into the core of Cybertron, it broke the prison of Xstreel. His pistons started to pump, pushing the life blood of his Lord through out his body. Tracks started to move, cogs grind and scrape. Gears tearing as an age old being awakens from a forced imprisonment. Dark purple/ maroone optics snap open and glare at their surroundings. Xstreel has awoken.)

20. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

If you insist on putting "Forge" in the name, and since I haven't heard it yet: STORMFORGE

(But his formal name should be: Infernus, the Necropolisforge!)

keep on keeping on.