Unknown PowerCore Combiner

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    That's an excellent use for such a character. Maybe not for a kids cartoon, but it'd be an interesting scenario.

We'll have to wait and see what they do with it. The vibe I get from it is they just picked a random altmode, came up with a random botmode and slapped on a random personality. That was the approach with a lot of G1, and sometimes that approach works. I prefer a more inspired and cohesive approach, where you get a sense of the character from the altmode and botmode straight away.

2. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Loving the realistic vehicle mode!

3. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    My new picture high has worn off, need more! :lol 

4. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    Several thoughts.

BOO for minicons. Every time they incorporate some gimmick, the transformation and articulation quality of the main toy really suffers. That said, the truck robot's arm articulation looks like sh**. That, and I don't like all the little blue "combiner parts" sticking off of his shoulder armor and legs. I guess it's too much to ask for, but I'd love it if the regular classics-quality serious transformer toys could continue for a while instead of resorting back to childish gimmicks. Next thing you know it, they'll sacrifice free moving parts for *gasp* spring loaded action features :rolleyes: 

5. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I offer my full support to the endeavour of making a mini-con called Chopster who turns into a battle axe.

6. Blackout32

Blackout32 PANTERA FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I am very interested in this new powercore combiner series. I have hopes that its NOT a rehash like the yrs pass armanda or whatever that series was with mini-cons that to me didn't make much sense.

7. GNX 0014 Purity

GNX 0014 Purity Well-Known Member

A Decepticon Fire Truck guess he took some pointers from Barricade wonder what his name is.

Attached Files:

8. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, heavens forbid that a children's toyline should not have gimmicks that are appropriate for its target market :rolleyes: 

9. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gotta find a way to work these onto my already crowded shelves. Sorry movie toys, you may have to take a back seat to the 2010 line-up!

10. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Addressing the point about the articulation suffering I notice the figure shown seems to have slightly compromised hips.

11. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    I totally get what you're saying here. First and foremost, transformers are kids toys, and Hasbro is a company that is out to make as much cash as they can.

However, my older fan wish is for a toyline that doesn't rely on (sometimes) figure ruining gimmicks. I personally hate light piping (it seldom works, and you're left with a huge gob of transcent plastic on the back of the head. More painted eyes please!), I've never liked "real firing missiles" - I'd much prefer a solid, well designed gun that doesnt have a huge translucent missile sticking out ot the end. Real lights and sounds? Hate those too! Use the space taken up by electronics and batteries for better transformations! Cyber keys and minicon powerups irked me too.

Oh dear, I sound somewhat bitter, dont I! I do like transformers, honestly!

I guess what i really want is a toyline that makes decent sculpts, paint jobs and poseability it's main priority!

12. oldtimer48

oldtimer48 Finish It Now!

Ok I am still interested in this new line of Transformers and the mini-con gimic is ok. As far as the name of this figure I would have to go with Ratchet or Ironhide if its an Autobot and Barricade or Runamuk for a Decepticon.

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Just noticed something about this figure that I didn't before. He appears to have a rotating peg built into his chest that looks exactly like a similar part to Huffer's chest. Looks like that'll be the spot that Chopster attaches to.

As for the blue square peg things, I'm not sure what to expect from those. They could be attachment points for more minicons, or they could be attachment points for a gestalt of some sort. We'll have to wait and see.

It definitely looks like his name ends with -er. It looks as though his bio is something like this:

"Nobody holds a grudge like ______er. He plots elaborate ______ against his hundreds of enemies, and thanks to his combination with Chopster, he's got the power to see each one of them threw."

My favorite part of this figure and Huffer, are their alt-modes. So much detail in a scout-class figure is nice to see.

It's definitely a Decepticon, as it's got a Decepticon logo on each of it's shoulders.

14. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I would consider sculpts, paintjobs and poseability rather high myself, and could do without many of the gimmicks myself, but every Transformers franchise has them. Gimmicks are just not gonna go away.

If it isn't electronics or Minicons "ruining" the figure, it's trying to squeeze multiple altmodes into a toy, or using diecast parts in the wrong places, or some obsession with the toy having kibble.

15. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    Scout class Fucker.

Isn't it obvious? Nobody holds a grudge like that Fucker.

16. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    obviously his name is really Commander!

17. Sepultron

Sepultron .

...and the thread regarding TF plans for 2010 mysteriously disappears(?)

18. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    Yeah, whats up with that? I was just preparing to post my thoughts.

19. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Must be true then.

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm just guessing, but I think Hasbro may have requested that the information be taken down. It did seem like it was information from Toy Fair that was leaked early.