Minor/Repaint: Universe Springer - Sword Mod

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by blue death, May 17, 2009.

1. blue death

blue death Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well ive been trying to figure out someway to mod my universe Springer to have a sword...... problem is i dont like to physically mod the base figure when i try stuff like this, i like the idea of something along the lines of an upgrade kit like City Commander and Superion upgrade appendages that doesnt change the abse figure better. so here was my attempt to make a little set of parts that i could use for Springers' sword.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Basically what i did was take the blue clips off of a junker transmetal Airrazor's wing pieces and the blue pipe piece off of a KO robot master bike. using those i kind of made a hilt to take any of Springers' helicopter blades and insert it into. its actually a really firm fit and exactly what i wanted. i didnt have to physically alter Springer at all which makes me really happy since i really didnt want to screw up.

Ive attached some pics of how the pieces attach in his alt mode. the blue clips that hold his blade to the hilt attach over the pegs that normally hold his shoulders together in bot mode. the pipe i used for the hilt itself can insert into Springers' undercarage coming up through the bottom of his alt mode and resting between his shoulder joints and leg joints inside.

So yeah being my first custom and all im sure its not that great but i like it and plan to keep Springer like this for a while. Comments welcome!

Attached Files:

2. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    thats really creative! I don't hate my tm airazzor enough to take her apart but I really like that idea!

3. jtfire

jtfire Well-Known Member

that really is a good idea. looks natural. great job.

4. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

If memory serves, those blades will fit snuggly into the fist without any mods or additions. Seems like extra work for no reason. Unless you specifically wanted a hilt.

5. blue death

News Credits:
    actually they dont which is why i made this custom or at least they dont fit in the hand holes on mine, maye on other peeoples but you cant even force them into his hands on mine.

6. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

i would blame mold shrinkage/wear/degeneration?

7. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

The blades could never fit into the fists on this mold, people would just trim the base of the blades/widen the inside of the hands to get them in place. It's a simple mod but a mod none the less.

As for the OP, it looks real nice, actually better then just sticking the blade in his hand. I might do something like this for my Universe Blades if I can find some decent pieces to hack up.

8. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

Cool, I like it.

9. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
  10. bellyboy

bellyboy working working working

News Credits:
    :bay 

11. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 ライオコンボイ

Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Sweet. I think i have that KO RM Bike.

12. blue death

News Credits:
    yeah mine came in a 2 pack that had a yellow one and a purple one, im pretty sure that pipe is from the purple one. i wanted to be able to mount the pipe underneath Springers tail fin in one of the screw holes but i havent been able to sand the end of the pipe down yet, when i do im gonna post a picture of that as well. for now storing it on the underside is just a quick fix hopefully ill have a new picture up this week

13. Ashstar

Ashstar Liberator of Toys

News Credits:
    That's exactly what I did to mine too, trimming one side of the blade's base was all it took for them to fit like a glove. Admittedly though I'm a lazy mofo... :D 

14. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

15. blue death

News Credits:
    i agree which is why i had to do something. but i didnt want to physically shave down the rotor so this was my idea, i aactually just made a little update that im about to post using a spare gun i had from an energon Prowl. now ive found a way to pretty tastefully store everything in alt and robot modes