Universe Sideswipe (On Ebay)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by knook, Jul 30, 2008.

1. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Agreed. Although I'm not a big fan of the new head sculpt, I do appreciate the extra effort involved in designing the figure the way they did. Personally, I'm thinking they should start building new TF with plans for the eventual repaints already built into the process. Having a mold with some option parts, that's capable of alternate transformations to represent a different character can go along way towards making a repaint more appealing.

Again, I totally agree.

Looks great! Better than the "official" one, which to me looks like it was retro-engineered from Alternators Sideswipe's head, rather than actually going back and looking at the original G1 version. Also, I kind of like the idea of Sideswipe and Sunstreaker having the same face, despite their different body shapes.

Also, I'm planning on altering the leg transformation too... I wonder if we have the same thing in mind? :) 

zmog

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I need multiples of this bad mutha. I need a Universe REDLINE in addition to keeping one untouched, as it is, and yet another for a secret project.... man I want!

3. wipedout

wipedout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So is this ebay seller a respectable one? I got a Treadbolt for pretty cheap and wondered what to expect?

4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll be getting, enjoying, and probably discarding the engine piece in the parts box, never to be used again.

5. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Someone bought it for $100. I know, it's their money, and they can spend it as they please, but come on? $100, plus $20 shipping for a $9.99 toy that will be out in stores, in what? A couple months? I fail to see the logic in that.

Small rant aside, the Sunstreaker mold is by far, my favorite Deluxe mold. I simply love the design, and the cleverness in engineering in making two characters look similar, but different enough to not scream as being a direct repaint of the same mold. I can live without the shoulder mounted rocket launcher just as I can live without Sunstreaker missile (where his fist would be). What they lack is more than made up for with what they have. This thing is wicked. :) 

6. sideswipe119

sideswipe119 Banned

yay more real transformers

7. acollier

acollier Well-Known Member

Why are people saying that they will just toss Sideswipe's engine piece into the parts drawer?

It's designed to replicate his jetpack from the TV show. The THS Convoy had a better representation of this pack, but it's still kinda cool.

8. SpeedBreaker

SpeedBreaker DESTRON NEW LEADER

This is the clearest pic of his head that I've seen:

[​IMG]

Looks pretty good.

9. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Screw that, I'm buying 2! Maybe 3, shoulder canon +Wheeljack head with sunstreaker formation = potential wheeljack classics that doesn't look too shabby. (The slats fit in the suntreaker slots, already checked with E-downshift)

Red Alert repaint, plus I haven't decided if sideswipe or the custom will have the combined shoulder canon, but both will have one, one combined, one just the gun. soooooooooooooooooo can't wait. Sunstreaker's been going between all 3 just because I love this design so much, and I was never ever ever a lambo bros fan. They were just more of the crew I needed. I was always more prowl diehard (though I love his classics too and hope for many repaints! Waiting on silver streak before I repaint my own, no police lights and all that). Man, now all I want to know is where is ratchet? Or is there a wave 4 we don't know of yet... Cause there are a couple retools that are still possible from these... (Red alert, Ratchet, Ricochet, Sunstorm, Wildride, etc).

If they keep this up, especially with legends BB and cosmos coming, all I'll need is a megatron, galvatron, Hot Rod, blur, springer, kup and arcee legends, and I'll be like perfectly satiated on all the TFs I've ever wanted (besides those in deluxe!). I've been dying to finish off that unicron primus shelf, and at this rate, my new ark one will be done soon, followed by trying to design the backdrop for the uni-primus one.

Hasbro, I love you, please forgive me for any ill will I wished aaron archer for my stupidity, or any other rep that's felt my arrogance at being peeved 'what I wanted' wasn't made but in hit or miss fashion. They finally got their act together, and all I can say is, it was soooooooooooo worth the wait for them to have the extra financial capabilities to do all this like Archer and others suggested they needed to do before they could. While the three years of anime drab was meh, the forth coming bots and the potential kitbash fun from the others, has made it all worthwhile. Such a shame takara tended to diverge so much on hasbro's plans. But overall? It all panned out for the best. Kudos for being patient with us fans and our diatribes and rants. What they have done with these has set the bar higher for the rest to come!

Though I'm still not entirely enthusiastic about Archer, I gotta say, he's really giving the props to where they are due, and giving us what we've begged for since BWTF.com's sitepowerup forum days. Keep up the great work, and definitely think ahead with these repaints and retools, cause the forethought truly shows and makes these characters even more awesome. The care and love shown really translates to these. Between animated and universe, besides movie, I officially have no money. And I've never bought full on lines before, everything was hit or miss. These are just too phenom to pass up though. I think the most I've boughten before was like 5-10 from each respective anime line. Till Classics hit (bought all cept CJ and Ramjet due to financial constraints), then movie (bought all cast +arcee would get more, but financial constraints) animated (all to date before oilslick's wave. That's next) and now universe (all to date legitly even, though the wait was nigh murder in the 1st degree).*Bows down before the almighty hasbro* forgive the transgressions of this wayward OG S.T.A.R.S. Member.

I also gotta say, I'm entirely in love with the fact they made this capable of nearly 6 repaints. (Suntreaker mode no canon, with canon, long canon, sideswipe mode no canon, with canon, long canon.) The versatility with even the engine addon is outright shear genius, and shows oodles upon oodles of forethought.

10. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Because (to me) it serves no other purpose. It serves a purpose on Sunstreaker, but not Sideswipe.

11. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Nice. Excellent repaint/retool. Perhaps this means Hasbro learned from the whole Bumblebee/Cliffjumper deal?
    The classics line just keeps getting better and better. [​IMG]

12. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    attach it to the gun, put it in the shoulder canon peg, and voila, no engine kibble and a shoulder mounted gun (barring color) that matches nearly the aesthetic of the toon shoulder canon. I just hope the QC on it is better, cause the Streaker version takes some effort to line up right. A peg would help. :/ But alas, it may ruin the aesthetic look, so that one design flaw I honestly would have made myself even with their prowess and available apps and talent.

13. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
  14. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Kick ass.

15. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    I will have to go to the store this weekend and see if they are there.

16. Banshee

Banshee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The auction has the gun as white plastic with black paint, while some convention pics show a silver and black painted gun.

The gun will most likely end up being white plastic. Forget buying an extra Sideswipe, I'll just buy some silver paint and use it on Sideswipe's gun and sunstreaker's plastic grey parts. :D 

17. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    It's not really white plastic - more of a grey.

And they do have the gun painted black on top in the box photos.

18. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
  19. Mixmaster

Mixmaster Lavender - the most evil of colours...

News Credits:
    I think I'll do that, I'll get an extra of each to do it. Thanks for the idea.

20. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Love how the guy calls all the stuff that hasn't been released yet "Rare".