Universe or CW Cyclonus?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ch40sKnight, Sep 2, 2016.

?

Which version of Cyclonus should I get?

1. Universe

26 vote(s)
    74.3%
  2. Combiner Wars

9 vote(s)
    25.7%
  1. Ch40sKnight

Ch40sKnight Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I picked up TR Galvatron and Scourge and thought I might as well pick up a Cyclonus to complete the trio. Not sure which one to pick up, Universe or CW.

Universe fits with the other two aesthetically but is kinda smaller than Galvatron. Combiner Wars is a better size, but I don't want to have to deal with that Galvatronus torso mode present there since that line is pretty much over.

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Universe one. The RTS one is the best looking and most accurate version of that mold.

The CW one just looks awful with the undercarriage kibble and it's too boxy looking for Cyclonus. As much as they retooled it's still too obvious that it's a Silverbolt derivative.

3. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I far prefer CW Cyclonus, he looks more intimidating and the headsculpt looks more menacing.
    You notice the combiner pieces a bit but its not as bothersome as on the UW version.
    And once you get past that he really does look great in bot and vehicle mode.
    I know people feel the Universe toy looks more accurate, but its really about accents and about what episode you compare the toys to, in many instances the CW toy looks more accurate.
    And he is just very immpressive to hold in hand, very sleek and curved as a vehicle.

4. Ch40sKnight

Ch40sKnight Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I have seen the RTS version. It looks good, but I'm kinda tight on money atm. Plus, I don't wanna pay extra since it comes with Rodimus.

5. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    I got mine solo on eBay for about twelve bucks. It's all a matter of finding the right opportunity.

6. GuardianPrime19

GuardianPrime19 Prime

News Credits:
    I'd say Universe... It'll keep Scourge from looking like a dwarf and make Galvatrom more commanding

7. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Tempe, AZ
    I think I'm going to go with Tempest from Col Sanders.

8. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I don't think you can go too wrong. The torso mode doesn't really affect the CW version in bot mode IMO, but I do love the original Universe one. Have every version of it except the recent 3-pack (still hope that is coming down the pike and not cancelled in the states). CW is a little more (in both good and bad ways) meaty, with IMO a slightly better head sculpt, but the universe version is just sleek.

9. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the best version of Cyclonus is the RTS one. Though I still have a soft spot for the original Universe deco.

However, my favorite is currently the Unite Warriors one. While it definitely isn't as accurate, it is the first Cyclonus EVER to have nailed the cartoon color scheme perfectly. It's a gorgeous figure.

10. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    If the CW Cyclonus would have looked good, I might have bought it, but so far the Deluxe looks much better. So I'd rather have Galvatron tower over his minions, than have Cyclonus look bad.

11. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    There is no RTS one. There is only the Classics and Henkei ones, which come alone or the Challenge at Cybertron one coming with Rodimus and Galvatron or the Battle in Space one coming with Rodimus and a Matrix. Also there is a transparent United version.

12. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Battle in Space is RTS.

13. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    Both you can change which one you want and the other can be his space ship

14. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Yup says Reveal the Shield right on the package. Which is why (aside from the Galvi) I had to get the Challenge at Cybertron set as well. Those rub signs didn't fulfill my OCD and I needed tampo'd versions......as well as probably the worst painted Galvi.

15. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    Rts all the way

16. AutobotAlvaron

AutobotAlvaron Autobot

I own three of the CHUG Cyclonus molds:Hasbro Generations & RTS & Takara Henkei). The RTS version is my favorite of those three color-wise, and has a better bot-mode than the Voyager one. I much prefer his "rabbit-ears" over the Combiner Wars Cyclonus "tri-point" head with the elongated forehead-crest thing.

However, the jet-mode of the CW Cyclonus is more appealing to me because of it's faithful G1 sculpting. Aside from the blatant robot-under-carriage, the actual space-jet portion is much closer to the animation model. In the TF Movie, Cyclonus' jet-mode really is huge, so for him to be out of scale with Deluxe Scourge isn't that bad.

With regards to your choosing which one better fits your display or Collection, I guess it depends on which mode you prefer and how important scale is to you. Overall, I like the CHUG version's bot-mode, & head-sculpt, Target-Master, while the Combiner Wars one has a richer, metallic purple, and has an awesome top of his classic space-jet mode. In a perfect world, I'd want a CW jet-top, in that color, with the CHUG version's bot-mode & head-sculpt; that's why I own both molds! :D 

17. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    Get the BiS RtS or the Henkei versions, if possible.

I have the Universe, BiS and Combiner Wars Cyclonus(i?), and the BiS version is my favorite of the three. Plus, he's a proper Targetmaster!

18. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

RTS Cyclonus.

CW is a nice figure too, but size-wise won't go very well with TR Scourge or Galvatron.

19. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Having both, I say go for Universe. More show accurate, especially RTS release.

20. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    I found CW Cyclonus on clearance for 14 bucks, so I picked one up... I think he looks all right here. I had wanted the universe version for a long time, but I'm happy with this.

[​IMG]