3D Artwork: Universe Hound...

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Sledgehammer, May 7, 2009.

1. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Ancient and knackered

Got the leg 'plates' done, as well as tweaks to the lower legs, thighs and several other bits; on with the feet. :thumb 

Attached Files:

2. ShockBlastWave

ShockBlastWave Active Member

Nice work, I like the 'energon'-look
    what program do you use?

3. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

Coming along nicely, sledgehammer. I guess all that's left after feet would be Hound's gun and Ravage (assuming you were planning to include him).

4. Sledgehammer

The model's as finished as it needs to be for now... :) 

[​IMG]

Funnily enough, SC, I'm thinking a mix of elements from both G1 Hound's rifle and BT Hound's pistol should do the trick. And although Ravage isn't critical right now, he'll get done before too long (with USB Ravage's far superior headsculpt, methinks). :thumb 

And thanks, SBW - I use MAX 7.

5. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    Great stuff bro. I wish you got paid to make this stuff. And then remake G1 like this and animate it!! Or do all new stuff with these G1 designs. It'd be awesome for some webisodes or something. Even if it was some 3 minute shorts or something.

6. Optimus-wave

Optimus-wave A.K.A. Omega-Wave

dude that is wonderful, love the way it looks! so are you going to add anything more or are you done with it?

7. Sledgehammer

Cheers, mate - so do I! ;) 

Now there's a thought - take G1 MTMTE, tighten the plot (what there is of it), update with Universe characters and redo as 3 minute 'Clone Wars' style eps...now all I need is a Lottery win, in order to have all the free time I'd need to make this happen! (And a render farm.) :p 

Thanks very much - got a few bits and bobs to take care of (rigging the hands, building a weapon), but like I said, the main model's pretty much done meshwise. Now it's just a case of doing something with him! :thumb 

8. cromagnus

cromagnus B-boy rumble

Sledge that is awesome. I miss seeing your skills.
    I do think a crit is in order. The only thing I notice is the proportions. At first I thought his forearms were too short but then realized they are fine but his head is a little large in the final version compared to the rest of his body. I'd say shrink the head a little bit(not dreamwave style) and it will be perfect. The head construction is spot on, it just seems a tad big and makes him look like an adolescent. Love the cell shading too.